Any Christians?

JoPerrin

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nico_collard, Thanks for the report on WYD. That was awesome. :thumb_yello:

Forgive my asking, but what is a homily?

No probs!

Homily is like a sermon. It's the message the priest/bishop/pope writes himself and preaches at every mass.

There we go...

That would be so cool to have a little MFC meetup at World Youth Day. :punk:

Aww, I'll pray for her and her son. Hope he's okay.

A priest at this WYD barbecue I went to on Saturday read the texts he sent. I forgot what they said, though.

I'm trying to search for them on the internet, but I'm not having much luck.

Since it is in three years, there's a possibility it could definitely happen. And I have always wanted to go to Europe...

I can't wait... should be lots of fun!

totally agreed!!!

i hate it when people expect me to shove my beliefs down thir throat.

Same... don't force my beliefs onto other people (though I do enjoy the odd theological discussion), but what really annoys me is when people force their beliefs onto me...

Most of you won't be aware of this, but the NSW government brought in laws to stop protesters from annoying pilgrims, which was then overturned... that's fair enough cause they really can't stop protesters from protesting something they believe in... but what made me angry was protesters forcing pilgrims to take condoms from them, and forcing pilgrims to listen to them saying the pope is wrong... to me it seems hypocritical...

Anyways...

This is the only thread that feels like home for me at the moment.

I'm not really into the slideshow videos on youtube, but I love this song and it's the only video I could find of it.

:) I'm glad finkster. Wouldn't it be great if more people felt at home here?

That's a lovely song; I haven't heard it before.

The image of the black slaves... That ripped my heart out.

:) I'm glad finkster. Wouldn't it be great if more people felt at home here?

That's a lovely song; I haven't heard it before.

The image of the black slaves... That ripped my heart out.

I wish more would join us, haha. We don't bite.:wink2:

Sorry it doesn't have any images... it's just the song. Enjoy. :)

Born Again: Third Day

Love that one.

I think this one is pretty popular.

my deacon's leaving the church this weekend. :tears:

I love him! he's so cute. He's been here for the summer, and his name is Paul.

Anyways, I saw him at the restaurant I work at the other week after a baptism, and he got a big smile on his face (he's really really shy) and then last Saturday night at Mass, I was walking across the lot and he goes "THERE YOU ARE!" and I was like "I told you I saw him at work, Mom.:mf_rosetinted:"

I've been going through a very tough spot in my life over the last couple of weeks and because of it have been turning to the Lord more than I ever have, I think. Prior to a bit of a breakdown, I had been praying to the Lord that He would show Himself to me...because sometimes I've felt very alone and as if He's doesn't bother to listen. Of course, I know those thoughts a purely Satan throwing me off, but we all have those thoughts now and again.

Anyway...a few nights ago I was reading my Bible...I had stayed up til midnight doing so and was just about to go to sleep. I began to look over a paper my sister had given me about some definitions C.S. Lewis gave from a Biblical standpoint. The one about "Deception" caught my eye and I ended up looking the scripture he provided, because it spoke about maturity. The scripture was under Hebrews 5:11-14.

This is what I read:

"We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teachings about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil."

Now as I was reading this, I was listening to Keith Green, which is a Christian musican/evangelist that I often listen to during my Bible study time. Usually I pick out specific songs I want to hear, but as I read this scripture I let one song go on and play that I don't ordinarily listen to.

As I finished reading the very last sentence, I then heard Keith sing this:

"Well you speak of grace and my love so sweet,

How you thrive on milk, but reject my meat,

And I can't help weeping of how it will be,

If you keep on ignoring my words."

So...in case you didn't catch it, the words "milk" immediately hit my ears and I re-read the scripture. It was plain as day to me that the Lord was telling me that I need to mature...and that He is offering me more than just milk, but rather His "meat."

I must say I was blown away....I had prayed for Him to show Himself to me and then He did in such a powerful way...even challenging me. I was thankful.

In case you all are curious, this is the song I was listening to. It is called "To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice." I think there's a message for all of us in that song.

my deacon's leaving the church this weekend. :tears:

I love him! he's so cute. He's been here for the summer, and his name is Paul.

Anyways, I saw him at the restaurant I work at the other week after a baptism, and he got a big smile on his face (he's really really shy) and then last Saturday night at Mass, I was walking across the lot and he goes "THERE YOU ARE!" and I was like "I told you I saw him at work, Mom.:mf_rosetinted:"

Aww! It's always a sad yet happy moment when a priest/deacon/whoever leaves. :sad:

i love that song! haha we sing it at camp all the time and have awsome hand movements to it too:naughty:

I know the movements! Haha, it's such a great Praise and Worship jam! I have it on my phone.:thumb_yello:

This is the only thread that feels like home for me at the moment.

I'm not really into the slideshow videos on youtube, but I love this song and it's the only video I could find of it.

I have to agree...I feel home here too. I'm just thankful there's a topic like this for us!

I've been going through a very tough spot in my life over the last couple of weeks and because of it have been turning to the Lord more than I ever have, I think. Prior to a bit of a breakdown, I had been praying to the Lord that He would show Himself to me...because sometimes I've felt very alone and as if He's doesn't bother to listen. Of course, I know those thoughts a purely Satan throwing me off, but we all have those thoughts now and again.

Anyway...a few nights ago I was reading my Bible...I had stayed up til midnight doing so and was just about to go to sleep. I began to look over a paper my sister had given me about some definitions C.S. Lewis gave from a Biblical standpoint. The one about "Deception" caught my eye and I ended up looking the scripture he provided, because it spoke about maturity. The scripture was under Hebrews 5:11-14.

This is what I read:

"We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teachings about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil."

Now as I was reading this, I was listening to Keith Green, which is a Christian musican/evangelist that I often listen to during my Bible study time. Usually I pick out specific songs I want to hear, but as I read this scripture I let one song go on and play that I don't ordinarily listen to.

So...in case you didn't catch it, the words "milk" immediately hit my ears and I re-read the scripture. It was plain as day to me that the Lord was telling me that I need to mature...and that He is offering me more than just milk, but rather His "meat."

I must say I was blown away....I had prayed for Him to show Himself to me and then He did in such a powerful way...even challenging me. I was thankful.

In case you all are curious, this is the song I was listening to. It is called "To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice." I think there's a message for all of us in that song.

Aww, that's so beautiful. I love those little moments with God, when he's been trying to tell us something for so long, by the time we finally hear it, it hits home and kind of takes your breath away for a second.

And that message about maturing also hits home for me. I don't think we ever stop maturing.

I had an eye opening experience also this week.

I've been reading this book called Captivating which is a book written for Christian women (beautiful book, I suggest any Christian woman read it.) In it, there is a part that tells the reader to ask Jesus to tell you you are beautiful.

So obviously, I did. And this is probably going to sound really cheesy, because I sort of thought it was, but one of the things Jesus told me was that my hair is beautiful and that He loves the way it glistens in the sun.

I kind of brushed it off thinking that I was just being a dork and it was coming from my own thoughts, not from Jesus.

The next day I had a doctor's appointment that I was really nervous about.

Anyway, I had to get x-rays done, so I had to wear nothing but a paper gown and underwear. :boxed:

I was really uncomfortable, as you could imagine. The woman who was taking my x-rays could see this, and was really sweet and tried to comfort me.

Some Catholics wear this thing called a scapular, and I wear mine all the time. I forgot that I was wearing mine, and the woman asked me politely to take it off. As it turns out, she was also Catholic, so in between x-rays, we would talk about Jesus and our faith which was extremely comforting. One of the things she said to me as she was taking an x-ray was that I had beautiful hair.

It didn't hit me until later on that night that she had said this, because I couldn't stop thinking about how sweet she was and how I could see Jesus working through her as she comforted me. Jesus obviously was trying to tell me I was beautiful through this woman by saying I had beautiful hair.

I was so overwhelmed when it hit me.

I don't think it was a coincidence, I think God was trying to speak to me, because I struggle a lot with self-confidence and loving myself. Jesus was clearly trying to tell me how captivating and precious I am to Him.

....this was really long, I'm sorry.

This is what I read:

that's so amazing. i'm glad you found each other, even though it was hard at first. i really hope he helps you thru your troubled times:wink2:now i wish everyone would discover what you just did! haha including me......

Aw, Jess....I love your story. :) Isn't it strange how we see ourselves...so flawed and we can always point out what's wrong with us....then you stop to consider that Jesus created us exactly how He wanted us...and that He loves us unconditionally and thinks we are beautiful regardless. Your story is definitely proof of that and I'm glad that the Lord was able to comfort you and get His message to you.

Doesn't it make you feel special? To know that He is thinking of you and that all of these messages we receive are not just coincidence, but rather they are intentional and straight from Him. That's something that always comforts me.

that's so amazing. i'm glad you found each other, even though it was hard at first. i really hope he helps you thru your troubled times:wink2:now i wish everyone would discover what you just did! haha including me......

Aw, thank you. :) Actually, I have been a Christian since birth...but in my adulthood, I have come to find that I need to experience all of these things for myself. Even the most difficult times, just so that my relationship with God can strengthen.

I am sure that if you work towards a stronger relationship with the Lord, He will show Himself to you, too. I am a firm believer that the Lord wants to be constantly pursued... which means more work for us, but He is definitely worth it!

Aww, that's so beautiful. I love those little moments with God, when he's been trying to tell us something for so long, by the time we finally hear it, it hits home and kind of takes your breath away for a second.

And that message about maturing also hits home for me. I don't think we ever stop maturing.

I had an eye opening experience also this week.

I've been reading this book called Captivating which is a book written for Christian women (beautiful book, I suggest any Christian woman read it.) In it, there is a part that tells the reader to ask Jesus to tell you you are beautiful.

So obviously, I did. And this is probably going to sound really cheesy, because I sort of thought it was, but one of the things Jesus told me was that my hair is beautiful and that He loves the way it glistens in the sun.

I kind of brushed it off thinking that I was just being a dork and it was coming from my own thoughts, not from Jesus.

The next day I had a doctor's appointment that I was really nervous about.

Anyway, I had to get x-rays done, so I had to wear nothing but a paper gown and underwear. :boxed:

I was really uncomfortable, as you could imagine. The woman who was taking my x-rays could see this, and was really sweet and tried to comfort me.

Some Catholics wear this thing called a scapular, and I wear mine all the time. I forgot that I was wearing mine, and the woman asked me politely to take it off. As it turns out, she was also Catholic, so in between x-rays, we would talk about Jesus and our faith which was extremely comforting. One of the things she said to me as she was taking an x-ray was that I had beautiful hair.

It didn't hit me until later on that night that she had said this, because I couldn't stop thinking about how sweet she was and how I could see Jesus working through her as she comforted me. Jesus obviously was trying to tell me I was beautiful through this woman by saying I had beautiful hair.

I was so overwhelmed when it hit me.

I don't think it was a coincidence, I think God was trying to speak to me, because I struggle a lot with self-confidence and loving myself. Jesus was clearly trying to tell me how captivating and precious I am to Him.

....this was really long, I'm sorry.

wow.....that's really uplifting! haha now i feel motivated to read that book.....scapular? this is embarassing because i'm catholic but i don't know what this is...:blush-anim-cl:

Oh, and Jess...I'll have to look up that book. Sounds wonderful. :)

Out of curiosity, have any of you heard this song before? It is one of Keith's more famous songs and I just wonder if anyone else is familiar:

Create In Me A Clean Heart:

I think you can.:wink2: For me, the key is an open heart and trying my best to listen.

Aw, Jess....I love your story. :) Isn't it strange how we see ourselves...so flawed and we can always point out what's wrong with us....then you stop to consider that Jesus created us exactly how He wanted us...and that He loves us unconditionally and thinks we are beautiful regardless. Your story is definitely proof of that and I'm glad that the Lord was able to comfort you and get His message to you.

Doesn't it make you feel special? To know that He is thinking of you and that all of these messages we receive are not just coincidence, but rather they are intentional and straight from Him. That's something that always comforts me.

Haha, I know, it's so silly when I think about it too. He created us in His image and likeness, and I'm sure for however many flaws we see in ourselves, he sees so many more things in us that are beautiful and perfect to Him.

It certainly does. :cheerful_h4h: how incredible is it that the God of the universe loves us and wants to be a part of our lives? That's better than a Mika blog any day.:wink2:

I think you can.:wink2: For me, the key is an open heart and trying my best to listen.

Haha, I know, it's so silly when I think about it too. He created us in His image and likeness, and I'm sure for however many flaws we see in ourselves, he sees so many more things in us that are beautiful and perfect to Him.

It certainly does. :cheerful_h4h: how incredible is it that the God of the universe loves us and wants to be a part of our lives? That's better than a Mika blog any day.:wink2:

It's mind-blowing, isn't it? And yes, a thousand times better than a Mika blog. Actually, the other night I was thinking about how much I love certain musicians...Mika, Freddie, Gwen, etc..etc... and I just thought "You know...none of them love me back...none of them care about me...but here I am, loved unconditionally by Jesus."

That one thought really put things into perspective.

wow.....that's really uplifting! haha now i feel motivated to read that book.....scapular? this is embarassing because i'm catholic but i don't know what this is...:blush-anim-cl:

It's an amazing book! You should definitely read it! It's been helping me with my prayer life and getting to know Jesus and even myself more. You should definitely pick it up.

This is the one I wear.

I couldn't explain it better.:wink2:

Oh, and Jess...I'll have to look up that book. Sounds wonderful. :)

Out of curiosity, have any of you heard this song before? It is one of Keith's more famous songs and I just wonder if anyone else is familiar:

Create In Me A Clean Heart:

I was thinking of shipping it to you to let you borrow it as I was reading it, hah! Would you like me to?

Is this one of the songs you sent to me on myspace?

It's an amazing book! You should definitely read it! It's been helping me with my prayer life and getting to know Jesus and even myself more. You should definitely pick it up.

This is the one I wear.

I couldn't explain it better.:wink2:

I was thinking of shipping it to you to let you borrow it as I was reading it, hah! Would you like me to?

Is this one of the songs you sent to me on myspace?

Oh, really? That would be nice, if you're willing! Actually...I have been contemplating making you a Keith Green compilation, but I didn't want to be forcing music on you!

I don't think I sent you that one on myspace.