Any Christians?

JoPerrin

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to Stmarys church every sunday at 10am. I turned to christ a few months ago. My life was going from bad to worse Then god came into my life and i have just changed in such a big way.

He told me what he wants me to do in the next 5 years which i am cool about.

I was just wondering if there is any brothers or sisters on here.

Fellow Christians.

1.JoPerrin

Yep, one just here!

Has anyone heard of the Christian band YFriday? :punk: They're well good, I went to see them live.

Yep, one just here!

Has anyone heard of the Christian band YFriday? :punk: They're well good, I went to see them live.

Hi Random Pink Penguin, I've never seen you here before. I've never heard of YFriday. Where are they from? What kind of music do they play? Pop? Rock? etc...

Hi Random Pink Penguin, I've never seen you here before. I've never heard of YFriday. Where are they from? What kind of music do they play? Pop? Rock? etc...

Yeah, I haven't been posting much yet...

They're from England, and they're rock. They do have a myspace page, google YFriday, and it should come up.

I'm not christian, I'm catholic and I go to an all-girls catholic school

Catholic is a type of christianity:bleh:... i went to a catholic school too, but not all girls:naughty:

No worries at all. :)

I know some people that attend church for the social factor, and it always makes me sad. And also... you could have the best attendance record in the world and seem to do all the right things on the outside, without ever even knowing God. Some people can go through their whole lives like that, and that's the choice that they are free to make. But you know what, He will say to those people at the appointed time "Depart from me, for I never knew you".

God is after your heart.

He wants you to draw near in faith. He wants you to love him. He already loves you with an everlasting love. You are precious in his sight. He loves you so much he was willing to give up everything he had for you... his only son. And he loves you so much he chose to die for you. THAT is how awesome and special you are to him. :biggrin2:

you know...you're very right:bleh: thank you!!:wub2:

Great to see this topic bumped to the first page.

Lately I started over reading the Bible straight through to gain more perspective on things. I'm basically reading/writing/meditating on everything I read. I'm happy to say I am also currently attending a church that I really like.

I saw that many of your were discussing Christian music. I don't know if any of you have heard of Keith Green, but I highly recommend that you all look into his music. He was an amazing man that truly lived for delivering God's messages to non-believers and for living his own life for Jesus.

Here are some great live performances he gave:

Aw cheers for that. :D

Erm, I know this is a little off topic... but I've come to the realisation there are going to be a lot of foreign men around town. While you're down there, if you see any Scotsman... do you reckon you might be able to slip them my number? :naughty:

Heya! Nice to see you here! :)

Hehe... you just realised that??? :naughty:

I most certainly will... I'll be camping out overnight too... gotta pack some warm clothes too...

Catholic is a type of christianity:bleh:... i went to a catholic school too, but not all girls:naughty:

I went to Catholic schools all the way through school... never went to an all girls school though...

I would've gotten very cranky if my parents sent me to one!

I go to Stmarys church every sunday at 10am. I turned to christ a few months ago. My life was going from bad to worse Then god came into my life and i have just changed in such a big way.

He told me what he wants me to do in the next 5 years which i am cool about.

I was just wondering if there is any brothers or sisters on here.

Fellow Christians.

1.JoPerrin

hi, i am lutheran. and i got to chuch every week *but not so much in the summer* and i just wanted to pop in and say hi

Hey there! Grew up Salvation Army. Still attend. Been questioning a lot of things and trying to sort things out in my head. I just recently did the Alpha course, and it's been making me think a lot. One of the things I've been thinking about is how much I time I spend on here, and another is my conduct on the forum. I wouldn't hold myself up as a very good representative of Christ on the MFC and I'm realising I have to be a lot more careful of what I think and what I then write on here.

I haven't kept up with the Christian music scene. I've got a few CD's from back when I was in my early 20's, people like DC talk, David Meece, Michael W Smith, Amy Grant, Margaret Becker, Steve Taylor... Our youth tend to go to Planetshakers and then bring back new songs from there. And I guess I like a lot of the Hillsongs stuff. But I also love some of the old hymns too.

Heya! Nice to see you here! :)

thanks

yeah I know but there are a couple of differences

I've been going to an all-girls school for 12 years and it's quite funny though

I'm a Mormon, and yes, I am Christian. :)

What kind of bothers me is that other religions don't see my church as christian, even though our whole religion is based around Christ.

(otherwise, we wouldn't be called "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) ;)

my church starts at 1:00 and ends at 4. :bleh:

What kind of bothers me is that other religions don't see my church as christian, even though our whole religion is based around Christ.

(otherwise, we wouldn't be called "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) ;)

cool! i have two morman friends, and the church is practically in my neighborhood:bleh:

three hours of church!:blink:haha and people complain of having one hour:naughty:

may i ask what mormans believe?

yeah, I'm actually glad you asked. :)

We believe that Christ died for our sins, and if he hadn't suffered for our sins, we wouldn't be "here", in an essence, today.

Our religion is very family oriented--after a couple gets married in the temple and are sealed, their children get sealed to them too so we can stay together through eternity.

We have 2 books of base doctrine--The Bible (king james version) and the book of Mormon, who was translated and brought back to earth by Joseph Smith, who helped restore our church.

if you have any other questions, i'd be happy to answer! :wink2:

mmmmmmm

Between the ages of say 13 (when my Dad died) and say 20 I was very religious , I studied very hard too

These says I have lost my faith sadly , not 100% but Ive drifted

Without doubt when I was younger faith helped me , things happened , life turned into directions that I knew were pray driven.

I need to get it back , Ive prayed a lot recently to get that "spark" back

Also being an engineer I really question life after death etc etc , and maybe I shouldnt but Ive read books on elements of the bible that show things were not possible , that has knocked my faith too

Aw cheers for that. :D

Erm, I know this is a little off topic... but I've come to the realisation there are going to be a lot of foreign men around town. While you're down there, if you see any Scotsman... do you reckon you might be able to slip them my number? :naughty:

:sneaky2: I might have guessed!!!!! :roftl:

I went to church as a child, and continued as an adult, until I was thrown

out four years ago!! Don't think I will ever go back. The people most supportive and non-judgemental were those who had rarely been in a church in their lives!! I was thrown out because of rumours and gossip, and endured months of being followed, being asked to explain why my car was parked in places at various times etc!!! Not at all Christian behaviour!! :thumbdown:

:sneaky2: I might have guessed!!!!! :roftl:

out four years ago!! Don't think I will ever go back. The people most supportive and non-judgemental were those who had rarely been in a church in their lives!! I was thrown out because of rumours and gossip, and endured months of being followed, being asked to explain why my car was parked in places at various times etc!!! Not at all Christian behaviour!! :thumbdown:

thats awful behaviour. i was in a stupid church for a while and the people were awful. put me off church for a very long time until a friend invited me to the baptist church... theres only around 90 people but everyone knows each other and listens to each other. we all get along like a house afire studying the word of god. i really love it :thumb_yello:

Im trying to get my faith back and we are talking about sexy scotsmen

Only on the MFC :roftl::roftl::roftl::thumb_yello:

haha. were gonna get a rep if we go from a topic of religion to sexy men! lol

sneaky2: I might have guessed!!!!! :roftl:

thats odd:shocked: shouldnt they accept everyone?!

well ive been at my church all of my 13 yrs, lol

i went a lot when iw as real young

got babtized at 5

was in the chidrens quite

but in 4th grade, we got a temporary pastor, because ours retired, and we stopped going, then in 6th grade i went every wendesday-8th grade and i got confirmed this yr. and we are on summer break for youth group, and i know i should go to more sunday services. but this has been my sleepin day

mmmmmmm

Between the ages of say 13 (when my Dad died) and say 20 I was very religious , I studied very hard too

Without doubt when I was younger faith helped me , things happened , life turned into directions that I knew were pray driven.

Also being an engineer I really question life after death etc etc , and maybe I shouldnt but Ive read books on elements of the bible that show things were not possible , that has knocked my faith too

Freds, this really stood out to me for some reason:

John 15:5-9

New International Version (NIV)

5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

John 15:5-9

Amplified Bible (AMP)

5I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.

6If a person does not dwell in Me, he is thrown out like a [broken-off] branch, and withers; such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and they are burned.

7If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

8When you bear (produce) much fruit, My Father is honored and glorified, and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine.

9I have loved you, [just] as the Father has loved Me; abide in My love [[a]continue in His love with Me].

Gosh, Wendi, that is so bloody awful *shakes head*. :thumbdown:

Only on the MFC

:roftl: .... :naughty: :naughty: I'm sorry. Those two things go hand in hand with me. :naughty:

Whoa... that's long... but I assume Mormons do different things than in the Catholic church...

May I ask how the service is run and the sort of things you do? Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never really talked to Mormons before, except for hte ones that used to come door knocking... I'd talk to them in my pjs, and they'd give me copies of Watchtower... which is not too bad reading if I do say so myself...

mmmmmmm

I lost my faith mostly when my grandmother and uncle died... they were devout Baptists, and I didn't understand why they died at a younger age... Just didn't seem fair to me...

And I think it's interesting to read about things that don't agree with your beliefs... it gives you a chance to really think about what you believe in and why, and in some ways I think it can strengthen your beliefs... some of the books I read don't exactly solidify Catholic teachings, but I read them cause I'm interested in it in an intellectual sense...

Speaking of beliefs... I found a book entitled "The Gopel of Judas"... I bought it cause i was somewhat curious about it, and I was interested in it on an intellectual level... I doubt it will suddenly change my views on God and Jesus..

:jawdrop:

Not at all... that's quite disgusting actually... reminded me of one of the priests who was here... there were rumours of him getting involved with a woman, and the rumours got back to the Bishop (who has a lot of family in Orange)... anyways, he got sent away pretty quickly... And he was pretty cool too...

Now we have a man that has the goatee and everything... we used to call him Jesus when we were younger, cause we thought he looked like Jesus.

Only on the MFC

Just cause we're not talking about you! :bleh:

And it started cause i mentioned that I'm gonna be hangin' wit da Pope on Saturday (Papal mass for World Youth Day)

thats awful behaviour. i was in a stupid church for a while and the people were awful. put me off church for a very long time until a friend invited me to the baptist church... theres only around 90 people but everyone knows each other and listens to each other. we all get along like a house afire studying the word of god. i really love it :thumb_yello:

I used to go to the Baptist church with my grandmother and uncle.. we used to joke that we were half Baptist, half Catholic...

it always seemed interesting to me...