Any Christians?

JoPerrin

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you assume it's a protest? I think I should be able to have whatever I want in my avatar whether it be religious or not without being questioned about it as if I'm doing something wrong.

I happen to be happy about where I am in my faith and that extends to what I put in my avatar.

No... About the closest I've had to what you had was the feeling of calm during the Vigil and the Mass for WYD... I don't know how, or why, but I felt very calm, and I felt like Jesus was there with me. I took it as the perfect time to pray for guidance...

My parent rarely go... they're C and E people :naughty:

I love feeling at ease in Jesus' presence. One of the greatest feelings.

:naughty:

Finkster, I forgot to reply to your message about the book Captivating by John & Stasti Eldredge.

I was given that book for my birthday this year, and wow does it have some powerful things in it. It really moved me and opened my eyes. I struggle with many things that book speaks of and it really challenges me to think differently about myself.

I too recommend it to all (you beautiful!) women of God.

I also got mine for my birthday.:biggrin2: Only I got it a few years ago, lost it, and recently found it.:naughty: But I'm somewhat glad I didn't read until recently. I feel that it would be easy to relate to now that I've matured. I was only a freshman in high school when it was given to me, so I probably wouldn't have taken it as seriously.

I LOVE this.

BTW, I am lovin' your avatars.

That one was also my favorite

And gracias.

Hey people! Never went into this thread before.........I'm Catholic but I have a lot of issues wih quite a few of the Church's teachings - things I believe were not part of Jesus' message but have been manipulated by the men in power. Sorry, this got a bit heavy too fast, lol! I'll post later on today when I have a chance to collect my thoughts.

Just wanted to say hey!

Hey Neeve! Welcome!

Hope to see you drop by again soon. :wink2:

I might have to find it... Is it in Christian bookshops or can I get it in a normal bookshop?

I don't know what it's like in Australia, but the bookstores here generally have sections for religious books, so it could be found in stores like Barnes and Noble if anyone from the US is interested. It's also on amazon.com

what is with all of the religious avvies? is it some kind of protest?

I was wondering about that too

Haha, no protest. Just expressing ourselves.:thumb_yello:

My previous one was also religious, but nobody seemed to catch on.:naughty:

It was more of a Catholic thing, though. haha

Haha, no protest. Just expressing ourselves.:thumb_yello:

My previous one was also religious, but nobody seemed to catch on.:naughty:

It was more of a Catholic thing, though. haha

what was it?:bleh:sorry, i'm obviously not good at remembering avvies:naughty:

ha i was just thinking about this thread while i was coming back from dinner, and i was actually excited about it! when it came to my mind, it gives me like this warm fuzzy feeeling in me, like Santa Clause:naughty: or like one of those rooms you walk into where there is a big squishy couch and a fire:wub2:

ha i was just thinking about this thread while i was coming back from dinner, and i was actually excited about it! when it came to my mind, it gives me like this warm fuzzy feeeling in me, like Santa Clause:naughty: or like one of those rooms you walk into where there is a big squishy couch and a fire:wub2:

Aw, that's awesome! I find myself more excited to come in here than other topics lately. :)

Aw, that's awesome! I find myself more excited to come in here than other topics lately. :)

It's so comforting here...like nothing bad can happen:wub2:

ahhh would anyone like to see my Jesus poster i got last summer?! i love it so much, i put it over my bed....:bleh:

001-3.jpg

No problem. Feel free to join our conversations in here if you please!

thank you!

but I'm not sure that I have anything to contribute in here...I don't kno much about religions...

oh, and, btw, I'm orthodox christian.

It's so comforting here...like nothing bad can happen:wub2:

ahhh would anyone like to see my Jesus poster i got last summer?! i love it so much, i put it over my bed....:bleh:

001-3.jpg

I'm not sure that I see it :blink:

black, just hands and head?

Hey, Swicthfoot just came on when I went to post in here.:punk:

Anyway, it was this:

wonder.png

Aw, that's awesome! I find myself more excited to come in here than other topics lately.

It's so comforting here...like nothing bad can happen

ahhh would anyone like to see my Jesus poster i got last summer?! i love it so much, i put it over my bed....

001-3.jpg

Haha, I know what you mean. I was quite pleased to see this was the first thread that came up under my subscriptions. Way to go guys!:punk:

That's a really nice poster!:wub2:

thank you!

but I'm not sure that I have anything to contribute in here...I don't kno much about religions...

haha yea...it's kinda blurry but it looks like somone drew it out of chalk or something other and it says in the cornier "I Did it for you":wink2:

here i tried cropping it....

001-3-1.jpg

Hey, Swicthfoot just came on when I went to post in here.:punk:

Anyway, it was this:

wonder.png

Haha, I know what you mean. I was quite pleased to see this was the first thread that came up under my subscriptions. Way to go guys!:punk:

That's a really nice poster!:wub2:

i love Switchfoot!!:punk:

ooo i remember that now! that's really cool:bleh:

Thank you, i love looking at it....and to me, because his head it looking down, i like to think he's watching over me:wub2:

thank you!

I understand. You don't necessarily have to know a lot about religions. We mostly talk about our own faith in Christ and other topics related to that. We don't bite, so feel free anytime to come in here and discuss whatever's on your mind if you like. :)

i love Switchfoot!!:punk:

ooo i remember that now! that's really cool:bleh:

Thank you, i love looking at it....and to me, because his head it looking down, i like to think he's watching over me:wub2:

Yea, they're great.

I saw them live a few months ago. The lead singer has some set of lungs!

I know, I love that.

I'm dogsitting for my friends this week since they're on vacation, so I obviously have the keys to their house. I was sitting on their couch today and was feeling a bit bummed and tired, so I started to pray, and I saw a reflection of the wall behind me in a mirror, and there was a crucifix above me with Jesus looking down at me. It made me feel all fuzzy.:wub2:

I understand. You don't necessarily have to know a lot about religions. We mostly talk about our own faith in Christ and other topics related to that. We don't bite, so feel free anytime to come in here and discuss whatever's on your mind if you like. :)

Yea, you can talk about whatever you'd like. Your struggles, faith in general, love for Jesus. We'd love to have you.:wink2:

omg, they have such beautiful voices! reminds me of Celtic Women:wub2:

Thank you for sharing!!! i love Songbird.

Please listen to the Ave Verum Corpus it is THE most beautiful song EVER. :wub2:

Yea, they're great.

I saw them live a few months ago. The lead singer has some set of lungs!

I know, I love that.

I'm dogsitting for my friends this week since they're on vacation, so I obviously have the keys to their house. I was sitting on their couch today and was feeling a bit bummed and tired, so I started to pray, and I saw a reflection of the wall behind me in a mirror, and there was a crucifix above me with Jesus looking down at me. It made me feel all fuzzy.:wub2:

Yea, you can talk about whatever you'd like. Your struggles, faith in general, love for Jesus. We'd love to have you.:wink2:

you got to see Switcfoot?! wow that's so exciting! has anyone heard of Rock the Universe? it's held at Universel Studios, so i'm not sure,...but a lot of Christian bands get together. i've never been, but i really really want to!:bleh:

That's really amazing:wub2:

haha yea...it's kinda blurry but it looks like somone drew it out of chalk or something other and it says in the cornier "I Did it for you":wink2:

here i tried cropping it....

001-3-1.jpg

ok, thanks :thumb_yello:

it's nice that we have a thread about faith...

it's past 3 am here, I should go to sleep, talk to you some other time girls:wink2:

you got to see Switcfoot?! wow that's so exciting! has anyone heard of Rock the Universe? it's held at Universel Studios, so i'm not sure,...but a lot of Christian bands get together. i've never been, but i really really want to!:bleh:

That's really amazing:wub2:

Yea, it was my friends' birthday presents, so they took me and some other people to go. It was at this Christian Rock kind of festival. haha Switchfoot were the main act, though.

No, I've never heard of it. It sounds really neat though!

Shoni..I'm really loving the music you posted. It's gorgeous and soothing.:wub2:

Please listen to the Ave Verum Corpus it is THE most beautiful song EVER. :wub2:

:wub2:i'm listening to it now, and it's so calming!:wub2:

Has anyone heard the soudtrack to "The Nativiy Story"? it's really beautiful....

ok, thanks :thumb_yello:

it's nice that we have a thread about faith...

it's past 3 am here, I should go to sleep, talk to you some other time girls:wink2:

goodnite!:bye: