Any Christians?

JoPerrin

Yea, it was my friends' birthday presents, so they took me and some other people to go. It was at this Christian Rock kind of festival. haha Switchfoot were the main act, though.

No, I've never heard of it. It sounds really neat though!

Shoni..I'm really loving the music you posted. It's gorgeous and soothing.:wub2:

it sounds like so much fun!

a lot of churches go, unfortunantly not mine because it just started a few years ago...but they also have one at Disney, i may ask my friend if i could go with her church:bleh:

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'm sorry to jump into this thread, but as a christian, I wonder what this is all about... You're americans, right? Are you roman catholics or another "type" of christians? (don't mean to be offensive lol, my english sucks at 3AM and I don't know how to express this better).

Ok I'm sorry to jump into this thread, but as a christian, I wonder what this is all about... You're americans, right? Are you roman catholics or another "type" of christians? (don't mean to be offensive lol, my english sucks at 3AM and I don't know how to express this better).

hello!:bye: well i'm American...not sure about everyone though, and also Roman Catholic, but again not speaking for everyone:bleh:

haha your English seems fine to me!:wink2:

hello!:bye: well i'm American...not sure about everyone though, and also Roman Catholic, but again not speaking for everyone:bleh:

haha your English seems fine to me!:wink2:

Oh ok... now I just would like to say something and I hope noone here gets offended... but as an european christian, i really feel uncomfortable with this thread, and these avies. Here we tend to keep religion something private. We don't need to expose it like this. I think it's also a way of respecting atheists and people who actually have other faiths than ours. I think it's different in the US, religion is just everywhere. But I just wanted to let you know I kinda feel bad about this religious symbols, altho I'm a christian, so maybe other people might find it inappropriate too. And please don't get offended, it's really not my intention.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not American, eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk i'm only a wee scottish person. Seriously , i just played this album and i felt so peaceful and (at one with myself) I know i sound soooooooooooooooooo cheesy but if 'music be the food of love' and so on i just find this album so 'heavenly' :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:sorry:wub2:

Oh ok... now I just would like to say something and I hope noone here gets offended... but as an european christian, i really feel uncomfortable with this thread, and these avies. Here we tend to keep religion something private. We don't need to expose it like this. I think it's also a way of respecting atheists and people who actually have other faiths than ours. I think it's different in the US, religion is just everywhere. But I just wanted to let you know I kinda feel bad about this religious symbols, altho I'm a christian, so maybe other people might find it inappropriate too. And please don't get offended, it's really not my intention.

Niki, this topic has never been just Americans to post in it. If you have read any of the posts, you will have seen that people from various countries frequent in here. So I am sorry if you feel as though we have tried to exclude you.

You may have also noticed that anytime someone comes in here - Christian or not - we are all quick to invite them to discuss their own beliefs with us. I think all of us in here genreally make it a priority to be inviting to everyone regardless if they are Christian or not.

As for the avatars, the fact that three people have Christian avatars was not intended to be a big deal. Incidentally, all of us changed ours around the same time and now (it seems) people are jumping to the conclusion that our intention is to be offensive when that is exactly the opposite. I can only speak for myself, but I put mine up because the meaning of my avatar was meaningful to me. It in no way is telling other people they have to believe that. That's not my intention. I am using that avatar for the same reason I'd use one of G. Stefani or Mika or whatever. I liked it, so I am using it.

As for offending others....that's certainly not my intention, nor do I believe it is anyone else's intention. I don't think any of us in this topic are posting in here to offend others.

Niki, this topic has never been just Americans to post in it. If you have read any of the posts, you will have seen that people from various countries frequent in here. So I am sorry if you feel as though we have tried to exclude you.

You may have also noticed that anytime someone comes in here - Christian or not - we are all quick to invite them to discuss their own beliefs with us. I think all of us in here genreally make it a priority to be inviting to everyone regardless if they are Christian or not.

As for the avatars, the fact that three people have Christian avatars was not intended to be a big deal. Incidentally, all of us changed ours around the same time and now (it seems) people are jumping to the conclusion that our intention is to be offensive when that is exactly the opposite. I can only speak for myself, but I put mine up because the meaning of my avatar was meaningful to me. It in no way is telling other people they have to believe that. That's not my intention. I am using that avatar for the same reason I'd use one of G. Stefani or Mika or whatever. I liked it, so I am using it.

As for offending others....that's certainly not my intention, nor do I believe it is anyone else's intention. I don't think any of us in this topic are posting in here to offend others.

(eh has anyone seen my avi)

seriously , i have just found this thread somewhere to 'share my music' not all is to my taste but for the Christians in here i think they will find it enjoyable. :thumb_yello:

Of course i did not intend to offend anyone.:wink2:

I see putting up my avvie the same way I wear a cross in public. To me it's the same thing.

Mika has been seen with a rosary but people with all different beliefs still respect him.

Hey Nikki.

I think it's mostly Americans on here at the moment due to time zones, but Americans aren't the only people posting. :wink2:And not everyone here is Catholic, either. It's for Christians in general.:thumb_yello:

I can see why you would feel uncomfortable, but I just wanted to point out that this thread was created a few months ago, in fact, nearly a year ago. I don't believe this thread was made to condemn or convert others to Christianity. I just use it to communicate with my fellow Christians and to discuss our common beliefs, struggles, and love for Jesus.

Also my avatar is more of an expression of myself. I don't run around MFC trying to convert people.:naughty: And my previous avatar was also of the religious content..

I can understand your argument to a point, but I don't see the big deal if three members have avatars expressing their faith. I've seen other things on here that I think others would find more offensive..haha

But again, I can understand your concerns. Religion is one of those iffy things, and when brought up, there's bound to be controversy surrounding it.

So are any of you fans of Newboys music? I saw them live last summer and it was great. They are coming here again this August, but I am not sure if I'll be able to go or not.

Here are some videos. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcknFJn9_E

This drum solo is amazing:

i used to be in love with them!!! i'm now getting back into their stuff...i love Entertaining Angels..Shine....Thrive...Breakfast...Million Pieces:wub2: and lots more but i'd havta look them up:bleh:

So are any of you fans of Newboys music? I saw them live last summer and it was great. They are coming here again this August, but I am not sure if I'll be able to go or not.

Here are some videos. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcknFJn9_E

This drum solo is amazing:

That first song sounds really familiar..

The video is pretty cool! I like the things they're doing with their arms. haha

i used to be in love with them!!! i'm now getting back into their stuff...i love Entertaining Angels..Shine....Thrive...Breakfast...Million Pieces:wub2: and lots more but i'd havta look them up:bleh:

My boyfriend got me into their music a few years ago. I love the ones you mentioned...they're music is really uplifting!

That first song sounds really familiar..

The video is pretty cool! I like the things they're doing with their arms. haha

The first song is probably one of their most famous. :)

My boyfriend got me into their music a few years ago. I love the ones you mentioned...they're music is really uplifting!

The first song is probably one of their most famous. :)

that's awsome!!:punk:

A few years ago, when i was obsessed with them, they came to town, but my mom thought i was too young to go:thumbdown:but my friend brought me back a T-shirt....one time i wore it to school, and a kid made fun of me:sneaky2:

I would love to see another Christian band live.

I missed the opportunity to see the Casting Crowns back when they were touring. :thumbdown: My sister went, though.

I love Casting Crowns!!! Not a lot of Christian bands come to Oz... and if they have I haven't known about it. :naughty:

Passion Conference is coming up in Sydney in Oct. You have to be a uni student or 18-25 and I can't go. Would LOVE to see Chris Tomlin. Chris is performing... so is DC*B. Louie Giglio is preaching. Would be AMAZING to go to.

I missed the opportunity to see the Casting Crowns back when they were touring. :thumbdown: My sister went, though.

ohh i heard they were really cool.

Another favorite of mine....the lyrics are sooo comforting!

this is my FAVORITE newsboys song....this song was the reason i bought my first cd of thiers:wub2:

Chris and I went to see them in November. They were good!

I love Casting Crowns!!! Not a lot of Christian bands come to Oz... and if they have I haven't known about it. :naughty:

Passion Conference is coming up in Sydney in Oct. You have to be a uni student or 18-25 and I can't go. Would LOVE to see Chris Tomlin. Chris is performing... so is DC*B. Louie Giglio is preaching. Would be AMAZING to go to.

Ooh, Chris Tomlin. Love his music!

ohh i heard they were really cool.

this is my FAVORITE newsboys song....this song was the reason i bought my first cd of thiers:wub2:

It's one of my faves too. The lyrics always speak to me!

Me too! I've been obsessing over Who Am I lately. :wub2:

Aww, that's too bad.

Chris Tomlin is another one of my favorites! Loooove him!