• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our own Scottish "berries and cream" :roftl: :roftl:

We discussed that before the trousers - it would be very difficult

and expensive to make - so we went with trousers!! :thumb_yello:

When I was in Edinburgh, I was shocked at how expensive kilts were! I wanted to buy one, but after seeing the price...wasn't happening. Although it was SO cute when I was in one kilt shop (I visited many, lol) there was a little boy about 2 or 3 years old being fitted for his first kilt. He looked SO proud, and his dad was getting fitted for one next to him. Cutest thing ever.

Amen. How is it possible to be sooooooooo in love with a person that doesn't even exist?!! When I go to Scotland, I am planning to do my own Outlander tour. I cannot wait.

Haha, I really wanted to go to Inverness, but didn't have enough time. It was so crazy though because I acted like Jamie was a real person. I went to a museum and saw a portrait of Bonnie Prince Charlie and was like, "Oh, you caused so much trouble for Jamie!" and then I saw Scottish uniforms from the Battle of Culloden and was like "Oh Jamie wore this!" Then I had to get a grip and remind myself that Jamie was not real. :blink::blush-anim-cl:

maybe we should get a kilt made for mika and see if he'd wear it

I would absolutely die if Mika ever wore a kilt... and I was there in person to wear it...

Then again, I'd absoutely die if Martin wore a kilt and I was there to see it...

Alright... i have a question... I know Martin wore a kilt to a gig... whioch one was it, and does anyon happen to know what tartan it was?

The one pic I have is kinda dark, and it looks like McKenzie... but I'm most likely wrong...

We discussed that before the trousers - it would be very difficult and expensive to make - so we went with trousers!! :thumb_yello:

But the trousers look great!

And I keep forgetting to say this... Kath, if you're reading this, thanks for the material!

:naughty:

:roftl: You know it!

I like the trousers. Really cute!:thumb_yello:

I love when he says that they were a little tight in the arse. :lol3:

That was f**king weird...

And where is the vid where Mika says that? I remember hearing about it, but i don't think I ever saw it...

And where is the vid where Mika says that? I remember hearing about it, but i don't think I ever saw it...

Here you go Teagan - its near the beginning of the clip - and you have to

listen hard as there are a lot of over emotional fans :mf_rosetinted:

thats a great video!!!! damn wish i was there to see that in person!!

Me too :tears:

I helped make the trousers, but could not go to the gig!!

So, I spent the night posting the girls texts on here - think we

were one of the first "interactive" gigs on here!! :thumb_yello:

Excuse ME madam! I take exception to the term 'over emotional!':naughty:

Me too :tears:

I helped make the trousers, but could not go to the gig!!

So, I spent the night posting the girls texts on here - think we

were one of the first "interactive" gigs on here!! :thumb_yello:

I reckon we were!:thumb_yello: Oh what a night!:naughty:

I reckon we were!:thumb_yello: Oh what a night!:naughty:

:roftl:

Was that the first time he wore something a fan gave him on stage?

I he wore a kimono in Japan, didn't he?

Either way...I'd be pretty darn excited!

i hope you miss us...this has not been a fair place recently...but i'm confident we can improve and do better.

i hope you are fine and getting better and better, i've seen the aussie petition thread (and joined!) and i think it's a brilliant idea!

Yes I AM getting better and more happy now, thank you. :wub2:

Hi RNBWSK!:wub2:

ok now I post something scottish that I adore

gretaaaaaaaaaa! They are so cute!! Are they yours? I have never seen them before.

Haha, I really wanted to go to Inverness, but didn't have enough time. It was so crazy though because I acted like Jamie was a real person. I went to a museum and saw a portrait of Bonnie Prince Charlie and was like, "Oh, you caused so much trouble for Jamie!" and then I saw Scottish uniforms from the Battle of Culloden and was like "Oh Jamie wore this!" Then I had to get a grip and remind myself that Jamie was not real. :blink::blush-anim-cl:

:roftl: I totally hear ya. I would have been the same. At Christmas I squealed when I found a shortbread tin that has a painting of Bonnie Prince Charlie and Flora McDonald on it. I have it displayed in my room with other various Outlander and Scottish things. :naughty:

A band from Glasgow .. going to be huge :punk:

Oooh, thanks, Freddie! The Scottish accent...:wub2:

:roftl: I totally hear ya. I would have been the same. At Christmas I squealed when I found a shortbread tin that has a painting of Bonnie Prince Charlie and Flora McDonald on it. I have it displayed in my room with other various Outlander and Scottish things. :naughty:

Haha, I have a little collection of Outlandish things, too. Like the mug I found in Edinburgh. It has the definition of Sassenach on it:

1) An Englishman or -woman

2) used by Highlanders to describe non-Gaelic-speaking Lowlander [from the Gaelic sasunnach, meaning Saxon]

3) someone who actually understands the rules of cricket and mentions 1966 every bloody chance they get (see Jimmy Hill). :bleh:

Totally don't get that last one, so I guess I'm not a full-blooded Sassenach!

Oh, and Rainbow, did you see that the Outlander series is going to be made into a graphic novel? (Well, not the series, but parts of the series we haven't seen yet.) It starts off in Scotland with a young Jamie returning from France, and his interaction with Murtagh. The preliminary drawing of Claire is...different than I envisioned her, but Diana Gabaldon has approved it for the most part. :blink:

claire_color.jpg

Haha, I have a little collection of Outlandish things, too. Like the mug I found in Edinburgh. It has the definition of Sassenach on it:

Great expression , I always get called a weeeee Sassenach when Im up there

Im in Edinburgh for my Birthday .. btw the Scots can party!!! :punk:

Hi there!!

Since I went to see Amy Macdonald I thought I came here to say hi :wink2:

My concert was fantastic!! Don't you love her music? :wub2:

Yes, I think she is great:thumb_yello:

Was that the first time he wore something a fan gave him on stage?

I he wore a kimono in Japan, didn't he?

Either way...I'd be pretty darn excited!

Yes, it was the first time (as far as any of us know anyway) and yes...it was VERY exciting!!!!

Oh, and Rainbow, did you see that the Outlander series is going to be made into a graphic novel? (Well, not the series, but parts of the series we haven't seen yet.) It starts off in Scotland with a young Jamie returning from France, and his interaction with Murtagh. The preliminary drawing of Claire is...different than I envisioned her, but Diana Gabaldon has approved it for the most part. :blink:

claire_color.jpg

:shocked: *GASP*

NO. I. DID. NOT.

*jaw drop*

*looks at Claire pic*

*nods* Okay. I don't know if that's what I expected. I was never able to completely imagine her... but it works. Yeah, I see it. :thumb_yello:

As for Jamie.... I am scared!! Gerard Butler IS Jamie. No one can tell me otherwise. :sneaky2:

Oh thank you!!! I've never seen it before! I'm not complaining tht they're a bit tight on the arse... :das:

stalkerish perhaps?

Kidding of course Kath... I love you too...

Did you see that I finally thanked you for the material... I'm not rude... just incredibly forgetful!

Oh thank you!!! I've never seen it before! I'm not complaining tht they're a bit tight on the arse... :das:

stalkerish perhaps?

Kidding of course Kath... I love you too...

Did you see that I finally thanked you for the material... I'm not rude... just incredibly forgetful!

LOL! yes thank you I did! I am glad that you got it :thumb_yello:

However...I am a little over sensitive to being called a stalker :shocked: I am NOT a stalker......and even if I ever was...which I wasn't..I aren't now after my last encounter with Mika...I am a reformed character!:naughty:

A band from Glasgow .. going to be huge :punk:

i like the lyrics *i wont be the lonely wan* *forget yer da hes gone* typical scotsman went to the corner shop for a loaf of bread n never came back :roftl:

heres a good scottish band http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=21951401&MyToken=9367d435-5c32-4b92-a5f7-6cb8c5a02f3f

diAgusto i think it ayr they come from !

good to see you back liz :thumb_yello:

LOL! yes thank you I did! I am glad that you got it :thumb_yello:

However...I am a little over sensitive to being called a stalker :shocked: I am NOT a stalker......and even if I ever was...which I wasn't..I aren't now after my last encounter with Mika...I am a reformed character!:naughty:

I would stalk Mika if he ever came here :sneaky2:...

But I have every intention to stalk him when he does... the ONLY people I'd stalk would be Mika... Bruce Campbell... and Isaac Hanson... :wub2::mf_lustslow:

But not in that order... whoever comes to Oz first...:naughty:

I would stalk Mika if he ever came here :sneaky2:...

But I have every intention to stalk him when he does... the ONLY people I'd stalk would be Mika... Bruce Campbell... and Isaac Hanson... :wub2::mf_lustslow:

But not in that order... whoever comes to Oz first...:naughty:

Let's hope they don't all come at once then......You wouldn't know which lamp post to hide behind first!:naughty:

Oooh, thanks, Freddie! The Scottish accent...:wub2:

2) used by Highlanders to describe non-Gaelic-speaking Lowlander [from the Gaelic sasunnach, meaning Saxon]

3) someone who actually understands the rules of cricket and mentions 1966 every bloody chance they get (see Jimmy Hill). :bleh:

Totally don't get that last one, so I guess I'm not a full-blooded Sassenach!

No 3 - we don't really play cricket - and as for 1966!!!!!

England won the World cup (football) and we have NEVER heard

the end of it!!!!! :naughty: