Mika in French Newspaper "Le Monde"

Shaza!

Well there I was today in the library at college, doing a little bit extra to help my français by reading the French news paper "Le Monde" when what did I find.... an article on Mika!! :mf_lustslow::biggrin2:

here is the original version for you guys! http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0,36-969288,0.html

and here is the version translated by google... (sorry i don't have time to translate it myself) thus the bad grammar but ye get the idea! :wink2:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemonde.fr%2Fweb%2Farticle%2F0%2C1-0%2C36-969288%2C0.html&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: I don't like the gay part of it :sneaky2: The article is not always nice :thumbdown:

Thanks for posting!

yeah it seems a bit strange... but it's not like they are calling him gay, just that his style is similar to that of the scissor sisters and freddie mercury and attracts the same audience... it is quite possible that i picked it up the wrong way though :naughty:

yeah it seems a bit strange... but it's not like they are calling him gay, just that his style is similar to that of the scissor sisters and freddie mercury and attracts the same audience... it is quite possible that i picked it up the wrong way though :naughty:

Mika offre un exemple payant d'appropriation de la culture gay par les adolescents, surtout de sexe féminin

The author is referring Mika as gay culture....

thanks for showing us this!

To his credit, Mika, with his band without relief (guitar, keyboards, bass, drums), does not use samplers sounds but involves two brass and a string trio. Son programme est inscrit sur un t-shirt vendu à la boutique des produits dérivés : "Dance or Die" ("Danse ou crève"). The program is written on a T-shirt sold at the shop derivatives: "Dance or Die" ( "Dance or die"). Le slogan colle aux infernaux Love Today et Grace Kelly , sous une pluie de ballons multicolores, confettis et serpentins. The slogan infernal sticks to Love Today and Grace Kelly, under a rain of multicolored balloons, confetti and streamers.

a string trio :jawdrop: wow! makes me think of the beatles, i hope he can be as lasting as they are/were

Thanks for posting !

But I don't like this part :

After the Scissor Sisters, Mika paying provides an example of appropriation of culture by gay adolescents, particularly females:thumbdown:

Not a good article !

Thanks for posting !

After the Scissor Sisters, Mika paying provides an example of appropriation of culture by gay adolescents, particularly females:thumbdown:

Not a good article !

QUOTE :thumbdown::sneaky2:

I know it's a French newspaper, but why doesn't mention the German and Dutch gigs in the tour listings?

I think they mention those gigs for the French speaking audience of their newspaper in other countries. Le Monde is not very popular in Germany and Holland, French isn't a main language there, like it is in Belgium and Luxembourg.

Thanks for posting !

Not a good article !

I don't like that they say "after the Sissor Sisters". The Sissor Sisters are a group, Mika is one awesome man! When I first heard Mika, I didn't know who he was, but I knew he was better than Sissor Sisters. As for them calling him gay. Who give a toss? Mika certainly doesn't. So we won't give them the satisfaction of complaining about it.

Love today, from Marilyn

"George Michael pour l'imploration, Freddie Mercury pour les envolées lyriques. Ajouter les Bee Gees pour le disco, Bronski Beat pour l'électropop années 1980, et Elton John pour les ballades pianistiques. Punks, passez votre chemin."

Fisrt I dont see the need to compare someone to someone else...

And also, "punks passez votre chemin", I saw people of every style who love Mika...

I dont like this article... really not