The MFC

ThatRadFreak

Yes - the MFC Rehabilitation Thread. :shocked:

Then we'd all be stigmatised of course and no-one would come near us ever again...........:mf_rosetinted:

Maybe Mika should join for his own protection!! :wink2:

Vix x

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is now like real life :tears:

After reading threads were people apoligise for saying they dont like Mika's new backing singer, and someone apoligising for having a cult club, its like real life.

What happened to the care-free days?

-feels like a hippy-

the MFC feels like school

where you have your friends and you dont really talk to other people

and with the inside jokes

some people dont feel comfortable here anymore!

im not one of those people, lol, i am not going to be driven out of the MFC, no matter how many people chase me with fire torches and call me a witch :mf_rosetinted:

This post is in no-way trying to start a rebellion

:mf_rosetinted: -nods- :mf_rosetinted:

Well, for me MFC is part of my Life, so it's real, not virtual.

It's normal for me that sometimes some people can "struggle" againist others through the Dialogue...this warrants the genuiness and "reality" of relations, of dialogues, of people. I can assure you that I've lived some struggles even in religious forums and not only, also in "phisical" religious groups in the church. Everyone has own opinions and sometime can go in contrast with other people for this opinions. At the end, we are here to discuss, not only to say"Oh, how cool is Mika!" or to worship him. But, in the name of the person we are here, "personification" of the joy, the colourful, caleidocopic differences, the person we all say to love, I think it's stupid do not archive even the full-hot questions with a virtual smile, and maybe a hug when we meet in a gig. :)

It's not that I don't feel welcome but that I take time to read a thread that interests me, post a comment but then it gets ignored which makes me feel like not bothering posting more stuff.

I sound all miserable now but I'm not usually like this, honest!! :biggrin2:

Vix x

Aw, I enjoy your posts! Your personality stood out to me immediately too, I think aided by your photos. With all the thousands of people on here that's not very common.

Sometimes I'll look at someone's post count that's in the thousands and think "Where have you been?" and they're probably wondering the same about me, if they even notice me at all. A lot of people stick to their own area of interest and I don't think it's a cliquey problem, it's just that the site is so overwhelmingly large and active. I've had days where I'm on pretty much morning, noon and night and still don't catch half of what is happening.

I know it must be difficult if you feel you're not getting any feedback but I can assure you that people are reading. Not only the people participating in the thread but a lot of lurkers who are hesitant to post.

I'm like you in that I prefer to talk about Mika (or other non-personal things like current events, other artists, etc.) when posting, but I have made some friendships in private. It does tend to spill over into my posts, but that's part of the fun. There are a lot of smart, funny people on here that share your view in at least one realm - a Mika obsession - and it's not something you come across often in your day to day life.

Nah it takes more to scare me away:roftl: And about the backing singer, I'll save further comments until after I've seen her live, it was just the whole idea of us not having the right to dislike her because Mika has hired her and yadda yadda that put me off :boxed:

I hope you don't think that's what I was trying to say in that thread. I do actually like her (from what I've seen so far), but I only pointed out that Mika hired her because a couple of people were trying to blame it on his record company. Whenever Mika does something we don't like it's always someone else's fault, because Mika is flawless and wouldn't dare upset his fans. :mf_rosetinted:

I like her and Mika chose her, but others can think whatever they want about her and should feel free to voice it. It's simply a matter of preference. I don't like 1/3 of the songs on LiCM and his last two videos left a lot to be desired so I'm always critiquing his work and artistic choices. I think those types of discussions have a place on the forum.

I don't like 1/3 of the songs on LiCM and his last two videos left a lot to be desired so I'm always critiquing his work and artistic choices. I think those types of discussions have a place on the forum.

Quite right, I agree. I think it can take a bit of courage to voice criticism of Mika on here but it is usually well tolerated, as it should be.

Imagine what a truly crazy scary place this would be if no-one ever criricised anything Mika did or said or produced. I wouldn't come, for sure!

Aw, I enjoy your posts! Your personality stood out to me immediately too, I think aided by your photos. With all the thousands of people on here that's not very common.

Sometimes I'll look at someone's post count that's in the thousands and think "Where have you been?" and they're probably wondering the same about me, if they even notice me at all. A lot of people stick to their own area of interest and I don't think it's a cliquey problem, it's just that the site is so overwhelmingly large and active. I've had days where I'm on pretty much morning, noon and night and still don't catch half of what is happening.

I know it must be difficult if you feel you're not getting any feedback but I can assure you that people are reading. Not only the people participating in the thread but a lot of lurkers who are hesitant to post.

I'm like you in that I prefer to talk about Mika (or other non-personal things like current events, other artists, etc.) when posting, but I have made some friendships in private. It does tend to spill over into my posts, but that's part of the fun. There are a lot of smart, funny people on here that share your view in at least one realm - a Mika obsession - and it's not something you come across often in your day to day life.

I hope you don't think that's what I was trying to say in that thread. I do actually like her (from what I've seen so far), but I only pointed out that Mika hired her because a couple of people were trying to blame it on his record company. Whenever Mika does something we don't like it's always someone else's fault, because Mika is flawless and wouldn't dare upset his fans. :mf_rosetinted:

I like her and Mika chose her, but others can think whatever they want about her and should feel free to voice it. It's simply a matter of preference. I don't like 1/3 of the songs on LiCM and his last two videos left a lot to be desired so I'm always critiquing his work and artistic choices. I think those types of discussions have a place on the forum.

Ahem!! Remember I was in one of those videos! :mf_rosetinted:

LOL! I don't think it's very good...........I just overflow with excitement that I was in it! I noticed when he was on the Perez show and Perez asked him if he liked his videos and he said, with a smirk, "some of them"!!! :roftl:

In addition I'm also thrilled that I "stood out from the crowd" and that you like my posts. :biggrin2:

I laughed loads when you had that 'unflattering' pic of Meeks as your avatar due to your feelings about the new hair do!! I love your "Big M is...." title too.......makes me smile everytime I see one of your posts!

This is becoming like a 1970's love in with all these compliments flying back and too........maybe we should do it more often!

In summary

I do like to be liked :biggrin2:

I dont really like to be disliked :thumbdown:

but................

I absolutely hate people being indifferent about me!:furious: (I am a good Aries girl after all!)

Vix x

If you're talking to me...I'm never scared :glasses2:

And if the last comment was also to me. Thanks, c'est moi:roftl:

I'm always talking to you.......:mf_rosetinted::wink2:

Of course I know it's you.........I've seen that pic on your myspace.....

still not scared! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Vix x

I'm always talking to you.......:mf_rosetinted::wink2:

Of course I know it's you.........I've seen that pic on your myspace.....

still not scared! :roftl: :roftl:

Vix x

I feel special :glasses2:

Then why didn't you comment?:tears:

Boo:shocked:

Maybe we should have a water cooler thread.

I quite like that idea! Why not? I haven't hung around a water cooler

since I left my job at the bank! :wink2:

I have often thought that culture does probably affect how we post and also how we read what's posted, not in this case in particular but well...there have been times when I've thought it. I know you and I have shared the same view before and a lot of people have disagreed with us at least
'

I've come to realize that culture plays a lot into how we post here,

as well. Just for example, I think that some of the European

countries are a lot more open about sex than we are in the States,

and even more than the UK. So something that you might think

is quite ordinary, I might be shocked to see in a public forum.

Despite my age, I'm really not a prude... quite the opposite, at least

by US standards. But maybe by some European standards, I am... :blink:

It's tough to know exactly where that middle ground is... obviously

we can't cater to EVERYONE, but we have so many people from

so many different backgrounds here, we have to try to find that happy

medium, IMO.

I think it would be valuable for us all to talk about what offends us at

some point... I think that we'd be surprised at how different our

various tolerances were, but maybe it would help us to understand

how we all react, or over-react, or under-react, to things...

Okay, my opinion on this matter. Stand back I'm about to steam

Uh oh! Look out, Cap'n! She's gonna blow! :roftl:

Anyways, the thread was very popular until all of a sudden Freddie made me realize that things were a little too personal. And when I read it back I agreed it was and I said that I would stop making them. But then there were some people who started making me feel really bad. One of them, she was very young but still, started insulting me and when I PMed her to ask here what was going on, in a friendly way, she even started swearing more. I just decided to ignore her, because I don't want to waste my energy on people like that. I can get along with the other person who said something about it that I interpretated as an attack on me because I'm not someone who holds grudges against anyone. Point is, I would've wanted them to say it way earlier so there wouldn't have been any drama. Luckily there were lots of people sticking up for me

Seriously, Ingie, if anyone was attacking you,

or abusive to you, especially using bad

language, etc., you should have told a mod. That's what we're here

for -- to keep things on an even keel. No one should have to tolerate

that. :thumbdown:

And for the record, I don't think you, or anyone who posts a thread

that gets closed or moderated in some way, is a bad person. It's

all a judgement call -- we ALL (not just the moderators, but

ALL of us) want to keep

things running a smoothly as we can, right? I can tell you that

we moderators don't have personal

vendettas or agendas -- we don't have it out for anyone. Why would

we? There's really no reason for us all to not get along, because

this *is* supposed to be a fun place. But when people get abusive, or

aggressive, or too explicit... it's time to give a warning and rein it in.

And sometimes our decisions are going to be unpopular with some people,

we can't help that. But we're not doing anything in an effort to stifle

anyone -- we're just doing what we think is going to be in the best

interest for the majority here in the long run.

OK... somebody needs to help me step down from my soap box, it's

awful high and I don't know how I got up here in the first place! :blush-anim-cl:

So... what was my point? I did have one...:boxed:

Oh yeah, just to reiterate what's been said a few times already in

this thread -- that we all need to realize that everyone is different, not

everyone thinks the same way that we do, so we need to have a little

respect and consideration and tolerance for differing viewpoints. As long

as we all THINK a little bit before posting, there's no reason why we can't

all get along. :gathering:

dcdeb

Yes - the MFC Rehabilitation Thread. :shocked:

Then we'd all be stigmatised of course and no-one would come near us ever again...........:mf_rosetinted:

That made me really:roftl: I had a few weeks less intense time here over the summer when I was travelling, and it takes a few days to join back in again...there was the temptation NOT to join in again, and cure my MIKA addiction, but reading and not posting got too boring, so back I came.

Quite right, I agree. I think it can take a bit of courage to voice criticism of Mika on here but it is usually well tolerated, as it should be.

Imagine what a truly crazy scary place this would be if no-one ever criricised anything Mika did or said or produced. I wouldn't come, for sure!

I think criticism is healthy if it is not personal. Professional, poor choices for songs, musicians, you know. And not all of us have the same taste in all music and singers, we have one thing in common MIKA, and then maybe we differ on the rest of the band, the management, the clothes choices, the venues, the security....

I have often thought that culture does probably affect how we post and also how we read what's posted, not in this case in particular but well...there have been times when I've thought it :blink: I know you and I have shared the same view before and a lot of people have disagreed with us at least :wink2:

So true....:thumb_yello:

Interesting!:cool:

In summary

I do like to be liked :biggrin2:

I dont really like to be disliked

but................

I absolutely hate people being indifferent about me!:furious: (I am a good Aries girl after all!)

Vix x

To be ignored or to be disliked?

I don't know witch is the worst.:blink:

Anyway, that's the risk you will have to take when you post and try to speak your mind, but of course I get what you mean!

And add to that struggling with the English language!:roftl:

But don't give up vixenbbw.:thumb_yello:

I would like to welcome you in to the two threads where I feel most at home "Okay, here's the deal" and "So, no big deal".

We don't talk about anything special, we talk about everything. We are not hanging there all the time but we always try to give each other an answer or a respond to a post.

A funny thing::biggrin2:

A have always thought about you as the famous girl, ever since you shared your story about participating in the Big Girl video.

Every time I look at the video I try to get a glimpse of you and think about the story you told.

Aries are strong and colorful woman!:wink2:

In summary

I do like to be liked

I dont really like to be disliked

but................

I absolutely hate people being indifferent about me! (I am a good Aries girl after all!)

Vix x

To be ignored or to be disliked?

I don't know witch is the worst.:blink:

Anyway, that's the risk you will have to take when you post and try to speak your mind, but of course I get what you mean!

And add to that struggling with the English language!

But don't give up vixenbbw.

I would like to welcome you in to the two threads where I feel most at home "Okay, here's the deal" and "So, no big deal".

We don't talk about anything special, we talk about everything. We are not hanging there all the time but we always try to give each other an answer or a respond to a post.

A funny thing::biggrin2:

A have always thought about you as the famous girl, ever since you shared your story about participating in the Big Girl video.

Every time I look at the video I try to get a glimpse of you and think about the story you told.

Aries are strong and colorful woman!:wink2:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....you just made my day!

Shortly after the big girl video I was on the TBA documentary. My friend Jo (my partner in crime!) came over to my house so we could watch it together and she said to me..."remember, it is a program about Mika...you might not be in it at all" and I was horrifed!! I realised that meeting Mika had become secondary to my appearing on TV!! :blush-anim-cl::mf_rosetinted:

I think if yet another TV opportunity arrose I'd be practically pushing Mika out of view! :roftl: :roftl:

I'm such a bad girl...........*hangs head in shame*.........

Oh, and as to the rest of your post I have browsed the threads you mention but they are a little general for me as I do like a bit of a debate!

The language thing always amazes me too..........that's why I started the 'Langauge Lessons' thread........I have total respect for you and everyone else who is able to communicate your thoughts so well in a second language! *hangs head in shame yet again*

Vix x

(A VERY STRONG AND COLOURFUL WOMAN!!)

I do miss the hippy feeling sometimes, but hey. Maybe we need a random act of kindness program. Or a limit to the clique-y threads. Not banish them or anything, but I think we need to all talk together, more. :biggrin2: Again, as you said, not looking for a reform or anything. Just saying. And I;m on like 4 hours of sleep in 3 days, so it's not likea anything I'm saying makes sense.

Wow, I must be in la-la land because I did not realize there were so many deep undercurrents! :blink:

I have ended a few threads myself with my comments, but I just thought it was because I was boring!! :biggrin2:

Being relatively new, I don't feel like I am part of the in-crowd (now that you mention there is one), but I go ahead and post whenever I want.

Sometimes I feel like I am not as eloquent or funny as some of the posters here, and maybe a lot of new people feel that way and don't post.

So, I just want to reach out to the ones who don't post for whatever reason and say, hiya all! :huglove:

Yeah suzie, here she is. Maybe you can start another controversy by telling us what you think.

Thank you Christine:wink2:

The beginning ( Groove Armada's "song") is horrid, but it has nothing to do with the poor backing singer...

Do you want more controversy? Here is the original version:

http://www.video-c.co.uk/watchsearchedvideos.asp?vidref=groo002

I think Mika is trying to figure out how far he can go...

That's too far for me already...:cool:

Do you want more controversy? Here is the original version:

http://www.video-c.co.uk/watchsearchedvideos.asp?vidref=groo002

I think Mika is trying to figure out how far he can go...

That's too far for me already...:cool:

Oh yeah we already found the Groove Armada version because Yop wanted to know where it came from.

Have you seen some Teddy Bear's Picnic footage from this tour? The animals are getting up to the same sort of hijinx as those bunnies.

Seriously, Ingie, if anyone was attacking you,

or abusive to you, especially using bad

language, etc., you should have told a mod. That's what we're here

for -- to keep things on an even keel. No one should have to tolerate

that. :thumbdown:

And for the record, I don't think you, or anyone who posts a thread

that gets closed or moderated in some way, is a bad person. It's

all a judgement call -- we ALL (not just the moderators, but

ALL of us) want to keep

things running a smoothly as we can, right? I can tell you that

we moderators don't have personal

vendettas or agendas -- we don't have it out for anyone. Why would

we? There's really no reason for us all to not get along, because

this *is* supposed to be a fun place. But when people get abusive, or

aggressive, or too explicit... it's time to give a warning and rein it in.

And sometimes our decisions are going to be unpopular with some people,

we can't help that. But we're not doing anything in an effort to stifle

anyone -- we're just doing what we think is going to be in the best

interest for the majority here in the long run.

OK... somebody needs to help me step down from my soap box, it's

awful high and I don't know how I got up here in the first place! :blush-anim-cl:

So... what was my point? I did have one...:boxed:

Oh yeah, just to reiterate what's been said a few times already in

this thread -- that we all need to realize that everyone is different, not

everyone thinks the same way that we do, so we need to have a little

respect and consideration and tolerance for differing viewpoints. As long

as we all THINK a little bit before posting, there's no reason why we can't

all get along. :gathering:

dcdeb

Yes, now I think it would've been the right thing to tell a mod but I'm not a person who easily says: "I'm gonna tell my mummy!" Never been, never will be because I usually think I can handle these things alone. And I kept in the back of my mind that she was only 11. But looking back now it was stupid.

And I didn't consider myself to be a bad person, it was just that when I read the somewhat harsh comments that I felt bad for a little while. But a moment later I thought, well at least I made lots of people smile so it wasn't bad at all and what happened happened so there's no turning back. And yes I had been thinking about an apology thread but then I realized, I shouldn't apologise to anyone on here, because I didn't harm anyone on here. If anyone owed an apology it would've been Mika. And now I just go my own way, trying my best to make other people smile the way. I try to do it a little less personal but still the Ingie-way. Because after all that's who I am and that's my kind of humor and anyone who doesn't like it, well just ignore it. And I do think you deb and all the other mods are doing an amazing job and I never felt that I was labelled 'bad' by any mods. But I guess in any place there will always be someone you can't really get along with however I try to be friends with everyone:wink2: