The MFC

ThatRadFreak

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wink2: my own personnel English teacher .. hey i was awake from 5 thinking it was 7!! . give me a break duddeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <american accent>

sorry...i hate spelling mistakes lol. in year 8 i got penned "the dictionary" and in year 10 and 11 I had an english teacher who couldn't spell (ironic, i know, but she was actually really good) and she always asked me how to spell things xD

and that's no excuse. i have a cold, and i woke up and 3am, and didnt get to sleep till 6am! and then i woke again at 10am! and the night before i woke up at 4am and went back to sleep at 6am :bleh:

okay let me elaborate more...

I personally, would rather be hated for me being me, rather than being liked for being someone I'm not. Being true to yourself is more important than fake friends and a fake life.

Since I have been a member here from ALMOST the beginning (i joined in Feb) I have noticed changes in the forum...it particularly changed in the summer I feel. Before then, all we talked about was Mika...Mika this, Mika that...and everyone got on.

But, more people have joined since then and so other topics arise. Some which are touchy to others. There's nothing wrong with discussion in a moral and a mature manner. I believe the reason why there are arguments sometimes is because people lose themselves when trying to get their point across. Sometimes they sound angry which therefore intimidates other members and they feel like they're being attacked etcetc...it's hard sometimes to keep your noggin in place when you "fight fire with fire" but a little bit of maturity goes a long way.

I'm not saying everyone on here are immature brats...coz we're not, but sometimes we have to remember that if we're on a touchy subject, we have to consider other people's feelings and try to make our point as clear but as delicately as we can. You learn a lot from discussions...you don't learn much by arguments.

The Internet itself is another factor. We cannot hear people's point of views and therefore we may read their post differently from what they are trying to say. There is also the language boundary which makes understanding harder, but that's not anyone's fault.

erm.

okay back to the summer.

When Mika started cancelling, people started complaining and started voicing their disappointments. Rightly so...it wasn't particularly great. I'm not saying that people shouldn't have expressed their feelings, they have a right to, but I feel that it's a case of "Monkey see, Monkey do". Once one person starts, everyone else starts to feel comfortable in doing the same.

No-one on here should be afraid to say what they think, but it's HOW it's done that's the major factor, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think we should all forget our differences, and remember what we have that's the same.

We all have a love for Mika .. bottom line :thumb_yello:

At the meet ups btw .. every one I have been to its been amazing and everyone has got on great .. its difficult sometimes with "forum" personalities .. in real life people are different

As Ive said critism is fine ... as long as its not personnel

Generally we have a great group of peeps here .. we are lucky ..

We all have a love for Mika .. bottom line :thumb_yello:

At the meet ups btw .. every one I have been to its been amazing and everyone has got on great .. its difficult sometimes with "forum" personalities .. in real life people are different

As Ive said critism is fine ... as long as its not personnel

Generally we have a great group of peeps here .. we are lucky ..

i hate it when someone says what im trying to say in "short and sweet" way, and I have to go and make long posts...

okay let me elaborate more...

I personally, would rather be hated for me being me, rather than being liked for being someone I'm not. Being true to yourself is more important than fake friends and a fake life.

Since I have been a member here from ALMOST the beginning (i joined in Feb) I have noticed changes in the forum...it particularly changed in the summer I feelit's. Before then, all we talked about was Mika...Mika this, Mika that...and everyone got on.

But, more people have joined since then and so other topics arise. Some which are touchy to others. There's nothing wrong with discussion in a moral and a mature manner. I believe the reason why there are arguments sometimes is because people lose themselves when trying to get their point across. Sometimes they sound angry which therefore intimidates other members and they feel like they're being attacked etcetc...it's hard sometimes to keep your noggin in place when you "fight fire with fire" but a little bit of maturity goes a long way.

I'm not saying everyone on here are immature brats...coz we're not, but sometimes we have to remember that if we're on a touchy subject, we have to consider other people's feelings and try to make our point as clear but as delicately as we can. You learn a lot of discussions...you don't learn much by arguments.

The Internet itself is another factor. We cannot hear people's point of views and therefore we may read their post differently from what they are trying to say. There is also the language boundary which makes understanding harder, but that's not anyone's fault.

erm.

okay back to the summer.

When Mika started cancelling, people started complaining and started voicing their disappointments. Rightly so...it wasn't particularly great. I'm not saying that people shouldn't have expressed their feelings, they have a right to, but I feel that it's a case of "Monkey see, Monkey do". Once one person starts, everyone else starts to feel comfortable in doing the same.

No-one on here should be afraid to say what they think, but it's HOW it's done that's the major factor, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think we should all forget our differences, and remember what we have that's the same.

Good words.

CazGirl, your personality comes across very strongly in your posts - I mean that in a positive sense by the way :biggrin2: In fact you could say that about most of the regular posters really. It's interesting.

I do think that on the whole the general atmosphere is mature and fair on MFC. It isn't perfect but it's soooo much better and fairer and more mature than 99% of internet forums - even ones where it's mostly adults posting.

We should cherish this place, I know I do.

it should be given Beacon Forum Status - you know, like they give to schools which are a good example to others :bleh:

sorry...i hate spelling mistakes lol. in year 8 i got penned "the dictionary" and in year 10 and 11 I had an english teacher who couldn't spell (ironic, i know, but she was actually really good) and she always asked me how to spell things xD

and that's no excuse. i have a cold, and i woke up and 3am, and didnt get to sleep till 6am! and then i woke again at 10am! and the night before i woke up at 4am and went back to sleep at 6am :bleh:

Didn't :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Good words.

CazGirl, your personality comes across very strongly in your posts - I mean that in a positive sense by the way :biggrin2: In fact you could say that about most of the regular posters really. It's interesting.

I do think that on the whole the general atmosphere is mature and fair on MFC. It isn't perfect but it's soooo much better and fairer and more mature than 99% of internet forums - even ones where it's mostly adults posting.

it should be given Beacon Forum Status - you know, like they give to schools which are a good example to others :bleh:

i love you :wub2:

Didn't :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

stfu, i let apostrophies slide OKAY! :roftl:

I hope I'm liked lol XD

I remember when Sara first joined the MFC. She messaged me on MySpace was like "hardly anyone replies to me.." and I just said "give it time, you're new" and she did, and now she's a regular popular hottie of a mother =] *high 5 sista*

haha. this is my first time in this thread so if i what i said made no sense i deeply apologise XD

nice to hear from ya Freddie!

Ha ha ha, yeah, i remember that babe!! lol!!! :biggrin2: You give great advice, and you were right. *pats on the back* :biggrin2:

Awww, you cutie!!! High 5 right back at ya!! Thanks hun!! Love ya! xxx

Btw - i think this is my first time on this thread too although i can't stop atm cuz housework calls!! Ugh!! Hate cleaning!! lol!!! Catcha later fellow MFC'ers, Mwah! :punk:

oh my days i'm really eating my own words here. should I run now? :naughty:

LOL! Naaah, it's just that I'm a proofreader as well as a writer :)

If I started correcting everyone's spelling and grammar mistakes here,

I'd not only be hated, but I'd have no time to do anything else! :wink2:

dcdeb

Ha ha ha, yeah, i remember that babe!! lol!!! :biggrin2: You give great advice, and you were right. *pats on the back* :biggrin2:

Awww, you cutie!!! High 5 right back at ya!! Thanks hun!! Love ya! xxx

Btw - i think this is my first time on this thread too although i can't stop atm cuz housework calls!! Ugh!! Hate cleaning!! lol!!! Catcha later fellow MFC'ers, Mwah! :punk:

:wub2:

i love how we met through haters on mika's myspace rather than the love on this mfc xD

:naughty:Ill out random ones in my posts .. find them and youll get a pressie :naughty:

I know I said I'd let "apostrophies/apostrophes" slide but THAT FREDDIE is just stupid...that says ILL not I'LL!! people could get confused!

moose. :mf_rosetinted:

dcdeb

lol!! if you ever see "edited by CazGirl" at the bottom of my posts, it's usually because I corrected my spelling mistakes. Like in that beefy post I wrote a page or two back. I can't stand spelling mistakes, it's my pet peeve, but it appears that I make a few myself :boxed:

AND, for English Language in my GCSE I got an A :biggrin2: so I'm good really!

lol!! if you ever see "edited by CazGirl" at the bottom of my posts, it's usually because I corrected my spelling mistakes. Like in that beefy post I wrote a page or two back. I can't stand spelling mistakes, it's my pet peeve, but it appears that I make a few myself :boxed:

AND, for English Language in my GCSE I got an A :biggrin2: so I'm good really!

That really annoys me too! People get really annoyed when I correct their spelling! :biggrin2:

I was just about to write exactly the same thing :thumb_yello:

I've not been member of many fan clubs before this one but I spent a little time on Prince's ones ( there are many ). Despite people around there generally being in their forties, these forums are filled with childlish fights and disrespectful posts !!! There are little groups of people despising the others because they never heard about god only knows which song the master only performed once in his bathroom... aso...

The MFC is a true Eden Garden, in comparison !!!

dcdeb

:naughty: Yes I think I could be your second in command there dcdeb, just bear it in mind :naughty:

I can be a pedantic PITA over grammar and spelling :naughty: