Mika @ Le Zénith, Paris, 24-10-2007: GIG REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will probably speak French in Luxembourg and Brussels... I wonder if he will 'introduire' his band again... :das:

I must be missing something, but what does 'introduire' mean? I tried looking it up online and it says things like "to introduce" or "to bring in" etc.

I must be missing something, but what does 'introduire' mean? I tried looking it up online and it says things like "to introduce" or "to bring in" etc.

The second meaning. :das:

From a recent language thread:

"Let me put something inside my band" :roftl:

We don't know what and where but we don't want to know

"Laissez moi vous introduire Saranayde" :lol3:

The gig was alright, his setting was a bit cheap for a Zenith lol

Anyway, I enjoy it but I think i'm quite bored of him live and I'm getting sick of this childish side of him, so i think i'll try to sell my London ticket...

oooooooh Stéphane! I hope you're still ok to meet Em' and me in London! :tears:

em, thx ever so much darling!! for the text too! :wub2: pls do not apologise, I for one, LOVE detailed reports! make me feel like I am seeing it with my own eyes, so pls keep on doing so also in future!

yop, wonderful to see ya back at the gigs, though I respect your point of view. like someone said, hope you change your mind and actually make it to london, cause I'd lOVE to meet ya. how fun he mocked you.... :roftl:

pamette such amazing pics!! contrary to what stephane wrote, the scene setting seemed quite impressive (the same all over the tour o.c. but here big girls, special lights, a big stage..), but o.c. that's the impression I get out of good photos having -sadly- not been there in person..

stephane, I have always thought he pumps up very much his childishness in a theatrical way, cause that's part of his show, his world, his persona. which is in a way true, much of it is theatrical. the old thing we wrote over and over (he doesn't wear rainbow every day blah blah blah..). BUT I also noticed personally there does is a truly childish side of him, smt he may try his best to press down but it genuinely is there. and some of it one may not identify with (won't go into it here). on the other hand, there's a true freshness, a capacity of still getting excited about little things, I personally find heart warming.

NOT criticizing what you wrote at all, I see what you mean and it's perfectly all right o.c.

just spinning off to speak my heart out loud about a thing I only recently discovered. end of the story. :bleh:

mika, I won't even say get some rest. you're 24 y.o. for god's sake and you're a grown up man :sneaky2: , even if you still live at home.. :fisch: (ok, I did mention eventually the I won't get into it thing I wrote above.. :roftl: ).

the tour is tough, many dates, not as crazy as in past, but intense enough. I feel your pain, you want it all and you want it now (rings a bell..? :blink: ), but there're some phisical bareers it's not so wise to try and get over.

a hug, feel well soon.

I'm exhausted, I went home really late and then fought my computer.

So no review from me tonight.

I just can say Mika gave us everything. It was my first gig so I won't compare. But it was exceptionnal. The people with who I talked told me the gig was better than the previous one in Paris. Em' thinks differently.

Mika was so tired I could not ask anything about a US and Québec tour. But I gave him a letter asking it and hope he'll answer.

I put half my pics here for you: http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ASADL/MIKA%20GIG%20PARIS%2024%20OCT%202007/

The rest is coming soon.

I wrote the song we sang to him. Lyrics are:

GIG GIRLS (YOU ARE WONDERFUL)

Rush into the room

Feel like old toys soon

You say “Hey girls you are wonderful!”

Need drink and a sandwich please

Y’say “drink! I like sweeties”

Screaming “Gig girls you are wonderful!”

We need fresh air and place

You feel like you’re gonna die

Cos real worshippers need the best concert as while

We took our friends

And multiplied them by four

Now a real performer needs fans, always more

Get ourselves real closer from the stage

Make ourselves a gig memory

Gig boy comes on round

And there we’re gonna do party

You seem to realize

Since you found out your glasses

A huge crowd

With us fans among

Singing at the right places

“Gig girls you are wonderful”(4)

6am here, I need my bed.

Take care & Love

;)

Thank you!!!!! Very nice pix!!! :thumb_yello:

i gave them a "goodbye pack" last time (zénith october 11th), with a letter in it saying it was my last gig with them... and some little gifts... that's how he knew... and laughed at me when he saw me again yesterday :biggrin2:

Your "goodbye"?! Hmmm...sounds familiar...where have I heard that "goodbye" before? ...they still manage to return once-in-awhile... :roftl:

em and yop thank you so much for the reports!! big girls and braces are baaaack!!! :punk:

so yop,was it your last gig yesterday??? or maybe he will you somewhere else :roftl:

and pamette,thank you for the pics!!!you always do a great job with them!!! :punk:

em and yop thank you so much for the reports!! big girls and braces are baaaack!!! :punk:

so yop,was it your last gig yesterday??? or maybe he will you somewhere else :roftl:

and pamette,thank you for the pics!!!you always do a great job with them!!! :punk:

You're welcome! :wink2: Always happy to help!

I wonder what Mika does the rest of the day....obviously he is travelling from gig to gig, but, does he have to do radio interviews all day and meet with Universal reps for lunch in each country or what??? Why is he so busy??

You would think he could do a gig, go to the hotel, sleep, travel the next day on the bus (asleep) eat dinner, do the next gig....but something else is making him very tired!!! Maybe worrying about the sound/lights/equipment???

Or maybe we underestimate the amount of energy required to put on such a top performance as a solo artist. Maybe it is like running a marathon!!

Maybe he needs to train hard with running or swimming or yoga to get in shape before/during a tour....maybe that is why Madonna goes to the gym regularly, so she can tour without collapsing??

But you know, the band have toured with others before, don't they have some suggestions for him to last the length of the tour???

Just worried that only 2 weeks into the tour, we are seeing exhaustion and sickness again. MIKA look after yourself!!:wub2:

If he's not getting away from the venues til gone midnight due to signings, etc then has to travel to the hotel and wind down it's going to be 2am before he's getting to sleep...........which he says he struggles with anyway due to an over active mind! If he tries to get his 8hours then he shouldn't be waking til 10am. If he's got to get to another city or even Country then he's going to have to travel fairly early on in the day so that he can check into the next hotel, (and deal with passport control, delays and the like if he's flying to another country) find something to eat, etc before heading off the the sound check. Add in the travel there and back and the fact that some fans are now waiting for him then too...so more time signing/chatting.....and it hardly leaves time to eat again and start the mental and physical (washing, shaving, haircurling, dressing, psyching, voice warming-up-ing........and of course, teeth brushing!!) preperation needed to go on stage again!

Obviously, he's got his whole team around him to deal with the day to day stuff but when does he get time to make phonecalls, text people, check his emails, listen to music, write songs, laugh......or even just stare into space!

I know it's a job and all that but I don't think most of could imagine just how full on and exhausting his life is. Throw in a slight cold or a tumble (or whatever caused the cut and the limp) and it quickly becomes too much.

The answer is to do less but I think he realises the demand there is and feels kind of invincable so I doubt he'll slow down anytime soon. :blink:

We can only look on as he soldiers on with yet another leg of the tour and another chapter in what is becoming the ever more unbelievable story of his life!

Phew!!

Mika, I send you my bestest "keep healthy" vibes sweetie. :wub2:

Vix x

2 big girls

He started playing my interpretation' date=' and after the two or three first lines said: "STOP! I always see the same side of the crowd when I sing. Let's change it", and he then moved his piano to the front with the help of somebody and started again my interpretation :roftl: !

[/quote']

awww he's soo nice! :)

hurray for the big girls & braces return!!!!!

thank you all for your report and Miks lil finga, the song it's amazing!!:roftl: