Mika @ Heineken Music Hall, Netherlands: 11-11-2007 -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Videos,

Yaaay thanks! :woot_jump:

I didn't take pics or vids because I haven't got a good camera. But I took a picture which is called: "Waiting for Simon". :naughty: Under the flag is Häschen.

Love that pic! Gah you must've been freezing. It was already insanely cold before the gig, can't imagine how it must have been like an hour after!

thanks for your report ingie, it was great to meet you! i'm sorry my hartjesdiadeem features in a few of your pictures though :blush-anim-cl: it did in all starrats pics from dusseldorf too haha

Haha, no that's okay:roftl: I liked it and it didn't ruin my sight otherwise I would've said it. I like the pic with the lollipop. The girl next to you sticked out the lollipop at the moment I was making a picture:roftl:

Oh and Diana, I loved your hair:wink2:

Haha, no that's okay:roftl: I liked it and it didn't ruin my sight otherwise I would've said it. I like the pic with the lollipop. The girl next to you sticked out the lollipop at the moment I was making a picture:roftl:

Oh and Diana, I loved your hair:wink2:

yeah that girl next to me with the lollipop was really big mikafan but she hadn't heard of MFC! she promised to join as soon as she could :naughty:

yeah that girl next to me with the lollipop was really big mikafan but she hadn't heard of MFC! she promised to join as soon as she could :naughty:

Really? She didn't hear of the MFC?:shocked: I talked to her a little bit. She reminded me of someone I know:blink: She was nice though:naughty:

There are already many reports. So only I have to say is that it was a very amazing night. I'm glad to meet a lot of MFCers. You are all so nice and lovely.

The photo with the flag is such a great thing and I'm a part of it.

I didn't take pics or vids because I haven't got a good camera. But I took a picture which is called: "Waiting for Simon". :naughty: Under the flag is Häschen.

Hi Vonnic! Good to see you're back :biggrin2: .

Oh, the busdriver-groupies picture :lmao: :lmao: . That's very nice.

Yaaay thanks! :woot_jump:

Love that pic! Gah you must've been freezing. It was already insanely cold before the gig, can't imagine how it must have been like an hour after!

I was freezing. And my feet were aching like hell. I felt like some homeless person sitting somewhere in the street with the flag around me :roftl: . From time to time a taxi stopped and asked us if we need a ride and we were like "no, thank you. we have a home. really!". It was so funny and we were so hyper after this flag thing :biggrin2:

And then it happened. Mika took his time for a chat with every person in the row. Me, Haasje, Vonnic and Shady were holding the Flag and when Mika was talking to the girls next to me his manager looked at us and at the Flag and he gestured at me. I didn't understand him, he came towards me and whispered 'do you have a camera?' I whispered back 'sorry don't have one!' and then Haasje came to the rescue with hers. Unbelievable: NO pics were allowed and Mikas manager came up to us to ask for a camera to take a pic of US with MIKA and the FLAG!!!

At first Mika did a step aside (hehe, he didn't want to 'spoil' our pic) but I yelled 'stay here!' so on the actual pic he is looking at the Flag with a quite surprised look on his face. Haasje got the pic on her camera so you have to wait for evidence. :wink2:

Aww, that's awesome! How cool is that?

:lmao: :lmao:

blue, great reports, thanx! :biggrin2: so, what IS the secret behind mika's fast language learning? is it just the little notes on his keyboard that are written how you would pronounce it in english (there was a pic of them from winterthur), or is there another secret? :naughty:

I think it's because he's a robot. It's gotta be more than just trying to write down the pronunciations. In languages like Swedish and Dutch, for example, there are sounds that simply don't exist in English - in order for Mika to know how to make those sounds, at some point someone would have had to show him how.

He's amazing. :wub2:

Btw, did you manage to give your Vladje?:blink:

No. :( I wasn't that close to the stage and there was a huge lamp there. I was scared I'd throw it in there and cause a fire or something. :blink:

There are some more reviews online. From Spits:

Mika bouwt een heerlijk feestje

maandag 12 november 2007 om 16:44

1311%20ENT_Mika%20Spits.jpg

Vrolijke kitschpop is sinds de Scissor Sisters weer helemaal geaccepteerd, en de Britse zanger Mika tilt het aanstekelijke genre naar een nog hoger plan. Queen, Elton John en de Bee Gees waren de belangrijkste inspiratie voor zijn debuut Life in cartoon motion, met liedjes die zo goed zijn dat je ze niet ’fout’ meer kunt noemen. Op het podium van de Heineken Music Hall bewijst hij zondag dat hij niet alleen op plaat de leukste nieuwkomer van het jaar is.

Vanaf openingsnummer Relax (take it easy) is het een dik uur lang feest in de HMH. De in een wit pak gestoken krullenbol wint de zaal niet alleen met zijn onwaarschijnlijk hoge uithalen, maar ook met zijn verbazingwekkende kennis van het Nederlands. Waar de meeste artiesten niet veel verder komen dan een 'dankoewel', heeft Mika zich in korte tijd zo goed voorbereid dat hij een hele verhandeling in onze taal kan houden. Over Billy Brown bijvoorbeeld, een nummer over een keurig getrouwde burgerman die op een man verliefd wordt. De 'platenmaatskappai' had hem gewaarschuwd dat hij zo'n liedje nooit in Amerika uit zou kunnen brengen, iets waar hij zich natuurlijk niets van aan heeft getrokken. Het publiek geeft hem juichend gelijk, en zingt het vrolijke pianoliedje vervolgens uitgelaten mee.

Minstens zo indrukwekkend is de soms onnavolgbare show. Voor Big girl (you are beautiful) heeft hij een enorme - en inderdaad rond gevormde - opblaasvrouw meegenomen. Een groot en kleurrijk uitgedost skelet komt Mika de liefde verklaren voorafgaand aan Love today, een stampend dansnummer dat er live ook nog een indrukwekkend stukje percussie bij krijgt. De absolute uitsmijter bewaart hij voor het laatst. Mika en zijn band voeren gestoken in enorme beestenpakken een hilarisch schaduwspel op, om vervolgens het onweerstaanbare stuiterliedje Lollipop in te zetten. Ballonnen, confetti, serpentines, het kan allemaal niet op. En alsof hij er zelf ook geen genoeg van krijgt, begint Mika vervolgens gewoon weer opnieuw. Nóg een keer Relax (take it easy) dus. En het is nog net zo leuk als de eerste keer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there's a really short clip on the Dag website:

http://www.dag.nl/Video/Artikelpagina-Video/HitparadeVanMikaInHeinekenMusicHallVideo.htm

No. :( I wasn't that close to the stage and there was a huge lamp there. I was scared I'd throw it in there and cause a fire or something. :blink:

There are some more reviews online. From Spits:

Mika bouwt een heerlijk feestje

maandag 12 november 2007 om 16:44

1311%20ENT_Mika%20Spits.jpg

And there's a really short clip on the Dag website:

http://www.dag.nl/Video/Artikelpagina-Video/HitparadeVanMikaInHeinekenMusicHallVideo.htm

Is this from the NOS Journaal? I think I recognize his voice.:boxed:

Hi!! It was so nice to meet you all!!:thumb_yello: Love you all! I've had the day/night of my live!!The concert was everything I hoped for,and MIKA SIGNED MY DVD!!! :mf_lustslow:

And on top of all that,I'M ALSO ON THE PICTURE WITH THE FLAG!! I can't tell you how happy I am right now,I'll remember this for the rest of my life.:punk: