Aaaalright, everything clear now.

So what date will we set for the fertilisation? Let`s say 8th of July, Amsterdam? :roftl:

Ha, you’re just trying to fool me; you’re not coming to Amsterdam.

It’s another Rebecca!:roftl:

Ha, you’re just trying to fool me; you’re not coming to Amsterdam.

It’s another Rebecca!:roftl:

It`s not Rebecca, it`s REBEKA. And I`m rather sensitive about that "K", just like Mika.

Who told you I`m not coming to Amsterdam?

Or were you just telepaticaly listening to my thoughts about maybe going to the Spanish concerts?? :shocked:

It`s not Rebecca, it`s REBEKA. And I`m rather sensitive about that "K", just like Mika.

Who told you I`m not coming to Amsterdam?

Or were you just telepaticaly listening to my thoughts about maybe going to the Spanish concerts?? :shocked:

Rebecca22 is going to Amsterdam.:cool:

Spanish concerts! When?:wink2:

thx Rebeca for the article...i read the story 2-3 days ago in a gay french blog and i was very surprised...this story is amazing indeed ! I've always wanted children :tears: i dunno why but i think i would be a perfect father..if only it was possible for me...

Maybe the reason is because you're a caring person? You're a future doctor after all. :original:

It is still possible for you: there's adoption, and surrogate mothers too if you want to biologically be the father. Possible, but challenging. More and more gay men are pursuing fatherhood, though, hopefully it'll be easier in the future when you're ready to raise children.

Exactly, it is the irrational fear of "the other", or of "the unknown". The same is about gay couples and their ability to raise a child: the psychologists say that the main problem is that the children would have problems among the children, they would be bullied because they are from a gay couple. So the problem really is in the society and not in the specific relationship.

Hear, hear!

I love that movie.

That message.

That song.

So much in fact, I have it tattooed on my wrist (the half faces you see in the end).

That's awesome. :punk:

hello, gay-threadders. been a little offline lately, bit much and abandoned all so called serial-threads. too little time for quality posting. :boxed:

how's everyone? :bleh:

hedwig and QAF.. I see some interesting topics here. :naughty:

and some deep and important too, I'll try and catch up.

Hey, Avoca. Welcome back.

Maybe the reason is because you're a caring person? You're a future doctor after all. :original:

It is still possible for you: there's adoption, and surrogate mothers too if you want to biologically be the father. Possible, but challenging. More and more gay men are pursuing fatherhood, though, hopefully it'll be easier in the future when you're ready to raise children.

Well actualy do I want really to have a baby who will spend his weeks with his mom and who'll spend his weekends with his dad ? is it a healthy thing for a baby ? do I wish that to happen to a baby...having an odd family with both his biological parents never united as a family ? i know it's a sensitive subject...

I love that movie.

That message.

That song.

So much in fact, I have it tattooed on my wrist (the half faces you see in the end).

+coughs+ :das: tings a bell... :naughty::wink2:

hi, scut and rebeka.

no problems, just very very busy. :thumb_yello:

Well actualy do I want really to have a baby who will spend his weeks with his mom and who'll spend his weekends with his dad ? is it a healthy thing for a baby ? do I wish that to happen to a baby...having an odd family with both his biological parents never united as a family ? i know it's a sensitive subject...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that surrogate mothers give up their legal parenting rights, in a way similar to sperm donors who give up their legal parenting rights? The child could still know it's mother and have a relationship with her if you think that's important but you (and your partner, if you have one) would be the legal parent(s) and the ones raising the child. 'Family' doesn't need to be biological in my opinion, but I understand that others disagree.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that surrogate mothers give up their legal parenting rights, in a way similar to sperm donors who give up their legal parenting rights? The child could still know it's mother and have a relationship with her if you think that's important but you (and your partner, if you have one) would be the legal parent(s) and the ones raising the child. 'Family' doesn't need to be biological in my opinion, but I understand that others disagree.

This is actually a very interesting topic. I think you're right that surrogate mothers give up their parenting rights. I personally think it's important for the child to know it's biological parents regardless of whether or not they becometheir legal gaurdians. The whole family thing is quite subjective tho and it really varies.

Actually, more and more now people are beginning to realize (not quite the word I want, more like consider?) that cutting off the biological link is emotionally damaging, both for mother and child. So for instance, while as before with adoption, the birth mother would never see her child again, now a lot of people are doing open adoptions, with communication and visits with the birth mother. There's an activist push for most adoptions to become open adoptions, because a lot of birth mothers have been coming forward with how traumatic traditional adoptions were for them. With surrogate mothers I think it's even more pronounced.

--Jack

I don't disagree but i don't think that this is possible in France...a child can't have 2 legal parents from the same sex...there's a debate about that but the actual government is still refusing to legalize same sex marriage...let alone adoption :thumbdown:

Actually, more and more now people are beginning to realize (not quite the word I want, more like consider?) that cutting off the biological link is emotionally damaging, both for mother and child. So for instance, while as before with adoption, the birth mother would never see her child again, now a lot of people are doing open adoptions, with communication and visits with the birth mother. There's an activist push for most adoptions to become open adoptions, because a lot of birth mothers have been coming forward with how traumatic traditional adoptions were for them. With surrogate mothers I think it's even more pronounced.

--Jack

Interesting. Have studies been done on the matter?

I don't disagree but i don't think that this is possible in France...a child can't have 2 legal parents from the same sex...there's a debate about that but the actual government is still refusing to legalize same sex marriage...let alone adoption :thumbdown:

I see now, I wasn't aware of the legal situation in France.

I'll read that article when I have more time...I still have some homework to finish but I just wanted to say something.

Gay rights is the issue I'm most passionate about. I just think tolerance is so important. And love has no gender.

I'm in the GSA at school (Gay Straight Alliance) and I saw someone that said this in the very beginning of the thread, I love gay guys too. :]]] hehehe.

Has anyone seen Brokeback Mountain? Sorry if we talked about this already..it's a beautiful eye-opening heart-breaking movie.