MikaManiacs.com : A CALL TO MFC-ERS!

Niki27

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would we want it to be something that is identified with the first album, when his second may take a completely different tack? Do we want something more "classic" or... would something identified with the first album give us a sense of roots and where he came from?

Smashing idea. Wish I had more time to help- here is my 2 cents worth:

Mika is universal, and is brilliant with his lyrics, how about 'Mikaverse'?

I don't think it should be confined to his first album/look.

Who knows what he's concocting next?

Bonne Chance,

Leona

We would be happy to be included in your site if you need any helpers. If you need any cartoons of Mika like drawings included just pm us.

This is a drawing we did for the LICM book and the quilt:

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff11/Haley_Megan/?action=view&current=mikadrawing.jpg

or this is the one I drew for the MFC:

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff11/Haley_Megan/?action=view&current=MFCdrawing.jpg

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

So you know I'm busy and lately not much here, but I also definitely want to be involved in this as a writer/reviewer.

I may need to give you my outside contact info so you can email me if you want a piece done quickly or a specific review up or something edited, but I definitely definitely want to do this.

--Jack

So you know I'm busy and lately not much here, but I also definitely want to be involved in this as a writer/reviewer.

I may need to give you my outside contact info so you can email me if you want a piece done quickly or a specific review up or something edited, but I definitely definitely want to do this.

--Jack

Yes Jack contact me again please, I need to talk to you... And I'm still waiting for yer essay on M's a*** (kidding guys, MikaManiacs will be sthg serious! :bleh: )

Girls I love yer drawings!

Thanks to you all, and keep posting!

Smashing idea. Wish I had more time to help- here is my 2 cents worth:

Mika is universal, and is brilliant with his lyrics, how about 'Mikaverse'?

I don't think it should be confined to his first album/look.

Who knows what he's concocting next?

Bonne Chance,

Leona

I like Mikaverse, or maybe Mikaworld, or even Mika Universe, and a tag line for that could be. Mika, the brightest star!

Love today, from Marilyn

I like Mikaverse, or maybe Mikaworld, or even Mika Universe, and a tag line for that could be. Mika, the brightest star!

Love today, from Marilyn

I too like Mikaverse. Mikaworld sounds a bit like Dollyworld. I know he admires Dolly Parton, but... Makes him sound like a theme park.

I totally love the idea!!! this sounds soo cool!!! well...I'm a really creative person, lots ofimagination, I like to write and help doing stuff...I can also translate from spanish to english and from english to spanish....I don't know if that's enough....so...yeah :biggrin2:

This sounds interesting. Will you trawl back in the threads on here and re-use things that have already been posted on the new site. It is really hard to find old threads here.

Yes Ruth :) That's the idea... cause it's getting really hard to find the information you want here with so many new posts a day :biggrin2:

I would love to be a writer on the new site. I am studying journalism at uni and writing is a passion of mine so I would love to be a part of what sounds like will be an amazing site!

When will everyone know their roles or when will the site start production?

Liz x

i'd love to take part! :biggrin2: i've studied media computer science and i've worked as an editor for 2 years, so i know both the technical and the journalism side... though i guess i don't qualify as a writer, as i'm not a native english speaker. :wink2:

but i'm really good at researching, and i run the german mika fanclub website, so i'm creating content there anyway and could just translate it into english for the mikamaniacs. for example i have a discography and a collection of mika facts and quotes, which i could translate/adjust for the english website. take a look if you want:

discography (for Germany and the UK): http://www.mikafanclub.de/mika-disko.php

mika quotes: http://www.mikafanclub.de/mika-zitate.php - i still have all the original quotes, so i won't even have to translate them but just arrange them for the english website. *g* ... i have plans to categorize the quotes, like "mika about... his music... his school years... his personality..." etc., so it's more clearly.

let me know if you're interested. :wink2:

I am!

But I can't understand a word of German, so I'm a bit lost ;)

PM me please :)

i'd love to take part! :biggrin2: i've studied media computer science and i've worked as an editor for 2 years, so i know both the technical and the journalism side... though i guess i don't qualify as a writer, as i'm not a native english speaker. :wink2:

but i'm really good at researching, and i run the german mika fanclub website, so i'm creating content there anyway and could just translate it into english for the mikamaniacs. for example i have a discography and a collection of mika facts and quotes, which i could translate/adjust for the english website. take a look if you want:

discography (for Germany and the UK): http://www.mikafanclub.de/mika-disko.php

mika quotes: http://www.mikafanclub.de/mika-zitate.php - i still have all the original quotes, so i won't even have to translate them but just arrange them for the english website. *g* ... i have plans to categorize the quotes, like "mika about... his music... his school years... his personality..." etc., so it's more clearly.

let me know if you're interested. :wink2:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Deano/Niki!

Just a thought - would it be practical to include an in-depth Mika discography on the Mikamaniacs site?

FD's thread is great, but depending on the capabilities of the new site, we could have it organized by album (i.e., versions of LICM, limited release promos, CD and vinyl singles - etc) - as well as, if possible, photos of the cover art?

Just a thought!