The British and Proud thread!

Sarah_loves_mika

I'm alright, just waiting 'til later today so I can pig out on Thanksgiving food haha. THere's some stuffing in the fridge and I want it soooo bad :no:

It needs to rain here now. Its already late november and it hasn't rained once....bullcrap.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING , now thats something we dont have .. enjoy your turkey :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I loveee stuffing .. yum yum

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HAPPY THANKSGIVING , now thats something we dont have .. enjoy your turkey :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I loveee stuffing .. yum yum

I don't eat turkey though, bleh.

I love stuffing the most, and mashed patatoes:wink2:

mmm mashed potatoes ... yummyyyyyyyyyyy:biggrin2:

What you have their my dear is very much what we have for Christmas day

I think it may snow xmas this year :biggrin2:

Snow? Please come get me......*puppy eyes*

I say that to myself every year "I think its going to snow this Christmas" but does it? Nope. The closest we got was rain on Christmas, which is better than nothing I guess

mmm mashed potatoes ... yummyyyyyyyyyyy:biggrin2:

What you have their my dear is very much what we have for Christmas day

I think it may snow xmas this year :biggrin2:

Yeahhh, it will do up your place seeing as its the sodding arctic zone!! Even though your only like up the coast from me it's like permanently winter. I cant imagine what its like it Scotland.......... :roftl:

*sings*

God save our graaaacious Queen

Long live our nooooble Queen

God save the Queen

Send her victooorious

Happy and gloooorious

Long to reign oooover us

Gooood saaave the Queeeeen

Im proud to be British :biggrin2:

We had to sing that whne we went to this pioneer thing where we were pioneer school children a couple years ago and we wrote on slate boards and the teacher yelled at a couple of us and put dunce hats on them and checked our fiunger nails for cleanliness

We had to sing that whne we went to this pioneer thing where we were pioneer school children a couple years ago and we wrote on slate boards and the teacher yelled at a couple of us and put dunce hats on them and checked our fiunger nails for cleanliness

By far the greatest national anthem in the world. It has depth and meaning - not just shouting about 'my country is the greatest' etc.

Except for Britain is the greatest. And that's why they call it Great Britain.

UnionJack.jpg

:naughty: I remember going to Gunnersbury to some Victorian school and having to do that when i was in year 6. I had to scrub the floor in the kitchen and was a dunce too! pretty good fun i thought lol :naughty:

By far the greatest national anthem in the world. It has depth and meaning - not just shouting about 'my country is the greatest' etc.

UnionJack.jpg

:thumb_yello: Amen

:naughty: I remember going to Gunnersbury to some Victorian school and having to do that when i was in year 6. I had to scrub the floor in the kitchen and was a dunce too! pretty good fun i thought lol :naughty:

:thumb_yello: Amen

I remember watching this on TV:

Brian May = Legend on top of Buckingham palace playing the national anthem.....

And one without a stupid bitch talking over the top.

UnionJack.jpg

*cough* I'm not going to respond to that when you all know how patriotic towards canada i am.

UnionJack.jpg

:naughty: Sarah, I love you, girl!

:naughty: Sarah, I love you, girl!

Too damn right though!! Im all for being patriotic.

If im honest, i'd rather be our future prime minister than go into music....... :naughty:

Except for politics bore the life out of me..... haha. I would sort out the hospitals for good. Then i would abolish tax. But first, i would insist that every woman over 16 gets a 50% discount on all shoes and chocolate with a special 'discount card'. How cool?????

You all would vote for me right???

The Beatles , The Cure , Queen , The Chicken Pistols ..

Ground breaking music that changed the world :biggrin2:

The Mika!:biggrin2:

Yes, and you have a bunch of amazing authors and painters too!:thumb_yello:

But wait a minute, how about classical music composers?:blink:

I can't think of anyone!:cool:

But first, i would insist that every woman over 16 gets a 50% discount on all shoes and chocolate with a special 'discount card'. How cool?????

You all would vote for me right???

Damn straight! :thumb_yello:

I will be landing in England in 7 days.

Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves...:fisch: Hope I don't embarrass Suzy with my singing and kissing of the ground.

God save our gracious queen

Long live our noble queen

God save the queen

Send her victorious

Happy and glorious

Long to reign over us......

God save the Queen

UnionJack.jpg

Ok. This is called the British thread, but really it's for anyone in the United Kingdom. For ease of use, i am just going to call it the British thread.

Would you say this forum is mainly British??? Im not sure, but whatsoever, we NEED a British thread for this simple reason:

I am scared that the people of Britain are no longer proud. It seems everyone i talk to is starting to hate the place - which we shouldnt. So i want to recapture our love for the place.

After all, they didn't add the word Great for no reason did they.... :wink2:

So here, we can talk about the things that make us proud to be British. (This thread is not meant to cause offence or any political bust-ups, please be nice!!)

As ever, anyone is welcome to pop in and have a chat.

So all yell Rule Britannia and read these simple reasons why we NEED to be proud:

We have the best monarchy.

We have a deep history with many historical buildings still standing now - STONEHENGE!!!

We invented Rugby, Cricket, Golf and Tennis.

And Football is known as just that - somebody kicking up a pitch with their FEET (and not picking it up.... Hmmm.... :wink2: )

Or, it is simply known as - The Beautiful Game

We have the best TV programmes!!! I mean come on - give me EastEnders and Corrie anyday!!!

Going to the seaside when you were younger meant - Eating fish and chips out the paper, having a donkey ride, building a sandcastle and buying sticks of rock!!!

Candy is called CHOCOLATE or SWEETS.

We actually know what significance Three Lions has.....

We get our dates the right way round - for example todays date is 20/11/07 not 11/20/07......... :naughty:

Who discovered the laws of motion and gravity??? Sir Isaac Newton!

Of course - we have the British Pound - never to be replaced by the euro!!!

So come on, think of some other reasons to be proud, because Britannia Rules The Waves!!!!

*cough* *goes to make 'i wish i was british' thread*:roftl:

The Mika!:biggrin2:

Yes, and you have a bunch of amazing authors and painters too!:thumb_yello:

But wait a minute, how about classical music composers?:blink:

I can't think of anyone!:cool:

Ohhhhhh, well i think they were all italian or something. Whatever!! England invented Punk! :punk:

Who saw Im a Celeb last night??? I missed it :boxed:

not that i dont like the US....but brits are awesome!

Too right..... :wink2:

Im a true northern girl though. Me and Freddie are in alliance to start the Northerners thread. :bleh:

But, i was born down South, so im both!!! yay!

Damn straight! :thumb_yello:

I will be landing in England in 7 days.

Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves...:fisch: Hope I don't embarrass Suzy with my singing and kissing of the ground.

Where are you going in England??? (London i guess.... :blink: )