The British and Proud thread!

Sarah_loves_mika

I was born down south too! But I call myself northern!

Alliance girl!! North of the Humber, a spade is totally a spade.

Im not sure of where the divide is though...... I always thought of it being north of the humber (seeing as i live right on it's bursting banks) but im not so sure.....

okay, i was always wondering, do you use Cheer detergent there, if so, do you have commercials for it? there is one here with this british lady, and every time i see it, for some reason i think of babs!:roftl:

Errrh, im not sure!! Ive never heard of that!

You mean like laundry detergents?

We have uhhh, Daz, Vanish, Oxy Clean, Comfort, I cant think of any more!!! Is Persil a detergent???

Oh, but the best household cleaner you can ever buy is Cillit Bang. With that annoying shouting guy called Barry Scott in the adverts.... hilarious.

*shouts* 'LIME, GRIME AND SOAPSCUM!'

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, but the best household cleaner you can ever buy is Cillit Bang. With that annoying shouting guy called Barry Scott in the adverts.... hilarious.

I just want to slap him! He's soooo annoying!

okay, i was always wondering, do you use Cheer detergent there, if so, do you have commercials for it? there is one here with this british lady, and every time i see it, for some reason i think of babs!:roftl:

:boxed: Why, is it because I am cheery? :thumb_yello: Probably not! :sneaky2:

BTW I have never seen Cheer detergent.... show me....

Im not sure of where the divide is though...... I always thought of it being north of the humber (seeing as i live right on it's bursting banks) but im not so sure.....

We have uhhh, Daz, Vanish, Oxy Clean, Comfort, I cant think of any more!!! Is Persil a detergent???

here we have...Tide, Cheer, Bouce, Arm and Hammer, um....ya cant think of any more...we have Oxy Clean too though!

:boxed: Why, is it because I am cheery? :thumb_yello: Probably not! :sneaky2:

haha! No its this British lady, who is like a maid or something, and she rips this guy's shirt off cuz it has a stain on it, then brings it back and it is white....haha. its hard to explain, but its wicked funny, the lady doesnt look like you (i would hope not, she is rlly old and ya.....:roftl: ) but i can see you having her accent. anyways, then she holds up the dtergent and says something....which i cant understand...

and oh ya, do you guys have the Orbit gum commercials with the dirty mouth lady?

Owwww, but what a leg-end though!! (note, i am prounouncing it seperate as in Leg and end..... the classic way to do so.....)

Anywayyyyy, another reason to love Britain = Peter Kay!!!! LEG END!

Definately the funniest person in the north! His book was hilarious!

Now, I was born in the North and moved south when I was 18, and am still here, but still have some accent so I am told.

I have a northern accent!

BANG! AND THE DIRT IS GONE!

Where are you going in England??? (London i guess.... :blink: )

Yes, going to the gigs in December.

BTW I have never seen Cheer detergent.... show me....

I might bring some with me. I got these little sample bottles awhile ago and never used them but there's a washer in the flat. I may as well use them instead of buying a big thing in the UK for only one or two loads.

I have a northern accent!

Do you say 'were' instead of 'was'???

Eg - Southern = 'It was really good'

Northern = 'It were real good!'

BANG! AND THE DIRT IS GONE!

:roftl:

The offical Barry Scott face mask = http://tachyontv.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/mask.jpg

Ohh gosh!! I just saw a new advert for a new detergent!

Its called 'Woolite' For washing your wools!!

Its this weird guy talking to two girls about wool....... :blink:

And he goes 'THATS BECAUSE YOUR DETERGENT ISNT A SAFE-TERGENT!'

And then they use 'Woolite' and magically, all the little bobbles on their wool disappears.

Do you say 'were' instead of 'was'???

Eg - Southern = 'It was really good'

Northern = 'It were real good!'

You're talking Yorkshire here aren't you, people from the north east don't say it were, they say it was.

I don't think Woolite is new, I think there's a really old bottle at the back of my cupboard.

Which thread are we in. I've forgotten, must be the washing detergent thread? :naughty:

You're talking Yorkshire here aren't you, people from the north east don't say it were, they say it was.

I don't think Woolite is new, I think there's a really old bottle at the back of my cupboard.

yurr, the thing is, i find it hard to understand what the hell geordies are on about. Its cute!!

I met one in town, and apparently he wanted my mobile number, but i thought he wanted to know the toll for the humber bridge.... i was like errrrrrhhhhh..... :boxed:

yurr, the thing is, i find it hard to understand what the hell geordies are on about. Its cute!!

I met one in town, and apparently he wanted my mobile number, but i thought he wanted to know the toll for the humber bridge.... i was like errrrrrhhhhh..... :boxed:

Why Aye Man Your A Bonny Lass:wink2: