Sarah_loves_mika

i'm tired and bored of the weather...

i'd deffo change that.

and certain other things

but then that's another story!!

ok i'm being yelled at by a teacher

quite a few actually

have gotta love an' leave ya all :tears:

keep well everyone til i get home, then i can really get going!!

:huglove:

hunny

xoxox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love, love, love Britain. I lived there for 2.5 years and would go back in a heartbeat if I could. I'll be happy to start a Cool Britannia revival when I get there next week. :wink2:

Right now the best thing Britain has going for it is the music. I saw this crap American band last night that reminded me why I never listen to North American radio and instead am glued to Capital FM and BBC Radio. I have seen at least a dozen acts this year in small clubs and they are all better than any act in the Canadian/American charts by a mile.

The language, the music, the history, even the chocolate! - so much richer on the other side of the pond. Britain is the birthplace and the centre of the English speaking world and it feels like home.

London is as world class as world class cities get and I can't wait to stroll along my beloved Thames and through the beautiful royal parks. High street shopping instead of hideous malls and stunning architecture that is steeped in history instead of blocks of grey concrete poured in the 1970s.

And of course it is the current home of a certain Lebanese-American singer, who, as we know, has fabulous taste.

What's not to love? :biggrin2:

High street shopping instead of hideous malls and stunning architecture that is steeped in history instead of blocks of grey concrete poured in the 1970s.

North America is allergic to preserving its buildings. Our oldest and most stately buildings in my city are about 100 years old, and there's a shoving match to see who can knock 'em down and build condo complexes first.

Go, Britain! After all, your Queen is our Queen.

i like britain' date=' but Cornwall is the most boringest place to live (well, i do anyway as i have lived here allme life.) ubt i wouldnt move anywhere else, lots of resons why:wink2:[/quote']

Oh Cornwall! My street's name is Cornwall.

I live in Brittany. You want to come to Lorient next year? :biggrin2:

Another good British thing - Regional accents!!!!

When an American or someone of another nationality says to you ' I did/can do a British accent'.... ask them which one and the majority wont have a clue!! (and youll probably find it was southern....)

If i asked say, someone to do a Hull accent then they wouldnt know where to start....

Allow me to educate.....

:naughty:

The Beatles , The Cure , Queen , The Chicken Pistols ..

Ground breaking music that changed the world :biggrin2:

If it wasn't for the Beatles, im sure music would be very different today....

And i mean come on, the Punk revolution!!! The Clash, The sex pistols, Buzzcocks, Sham 69. Nothing better than British Old Skool punk......

(will always kick the asses of 'Punk rockers' such as Fall Out Bloody Boy and Avril 'Plastic' Lavigne......) :naughty:

And of course - Football. The Beautiful Game. It's a travesty that certain people call it 'soccer'.........

Freddie!! You forgot The Who!!! And The rolling stones.

And, it's the Queens diamond wedding aniversary today may i add.

Who's up for a chorus of God Save The Queen???? (not the sex pistols version of course...... :wink2:)

Another good British thing - Regional accents!!!!

When an American or someone of another nationality says to you ' I did/can do a British accent'.... ask them which one and the majority wont have a clue!! (and youll probably find it was southern....)

If i asked say, someone to do a Hull accent then they wouldnt know where to start....

Allow me to educate.....

:naughty:

or an Essex one LOL (ok I know it's southern), but people think I'm a cockney!

I loved living in the UK, it was too short both times. My Mum is Scottish, so most of my fave things are Scottish too, butteries, mealy puddings, haggis, but I have to say, living in Japan without M&S, no decent FISH and CHIPS, no Galaxy Minstrels AND NO MIKA is hard....very hard.....:roftl:

Im great .. and you? , nice to see you around :biggrin2:

I love the rain too .. I think that makes us proud , I love the seasons as well

Ohh and mmmmmm the history of the castles and cathedrals :thumb_yello:

I'm alright, just waiting 'til later today so I can pig out on Thanksgiving food haha. THere's some stuffing in the fridge and I want it soooo bad :no:

It needs to rain here now. Its already late november and it hasn't rained once....bullcrap.