MIKA @ Birmingham Carling Academy: 22-11-2007 -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lollipop... I've combined all the little snippets I took, so I'm not sure if they're all from the same night or not (the 22nd or 23rd).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdTTtFH2Hk

I'm uploading my pictures right now.

Your vid and photos are great. I really only saw you sleepy in the queue at Doncaster Dome, but you certainly came awake for the show! Thanks for sharing these.

I just changed my avatar. It's a tiny part of the autograph I got from Mika on the 22nd. :wub2::)

Cuuuute! I didn't even think about going and trying to get a autograph, I was too over excited by all the pretty little pieces of paper everywhere. *headdesk* and i NEEDED to buy that huge poster of him. :wub2:

Thanks everyone :blush-anim-cl:

Your vid and photos are great. I really only saw you sleepy in the queue at Doncaster Dome, but you certainly came awake for the show! Thanks for sharing these.

Lol Mika does that to you ;)

And yes, there are more pictures at http://www.xanga.com/kameraman

They're basically the same type, but there are about 60 up. :biggrin2:

Moriina/Naomi, sorry I don't know which is your real name but I was stood to the left side of you at Mika in Doncaster. If I'd have known who you were I would have said hello. I adored your sparkly hats and glasses. Your pics are amazing..

Hope you had a safe trip back home.

woooah some of you guys took amazing pix, were you actually ONSTAGE with them it looks like you were :biggrin2: lol. aint got time to look at them all now I gotta go pack for Hammersmith tomorrow morining arrrgh tata.

Have fun there!! Don't forget to report back to us!!:naughty:

• 11 months later...

Well, how fast this came around!

This is the first of the 3 gigs that will always hold a special place in my heart, firstly as it's when I started the Random Questions, with a question that I had been long to ask the big guy for months.

Secondly, because I got to hang out with Bexxy again, who is one of the greatest people I know, and I always have a blast hanging out with her.

Thirdly, because I got to meet Sandi, or Tia as she is known here, who is a lovely girl and a joy to know.

The random questions were started purely by accident.

I only wanted to ask Mika if he'd ever play Dr Who if it were offered to him?

But because when you meet him after, it kind of gets a bit boring asking him to sign stuff, not only for me , but for him too I'd imagine. So taliking about it on the second night, which I'll go into more detail tomorrow, we thought why not ask him a question instead of getting him to sign things. So that's what I did.

There is a criteria I stick to, no personal and no intimate questions and they have to have a fun element to keep it light (although Mika, being Mika can go off at tangents, so I've since learned to word the questions VERY carefully, ha ha!)

This was a fun night, and Andy sticking his camera in our faces at every given opportunity, ha ha.

I think MacDonalds must do great trade when Mikas in town, because we queued at the venue from 2pm (A SENSIBLE TIME,TAKE NOTE!, and there was no sqauabbling, because people had got a good nights sleep, and STILL got front row!!!) and got all our drinks and food there (well just drinks for me, not a lover of their food).

And getting to meet Mika after was an incredibly well organised affair. We queued up out the front again and were let in 3 at a time, had a chance to take a photo (of not with), get something signed and have a quick chat. It was funny 'cause when he saw me, and dressed the way I was it wasn't difficult ha ha, he immediately turned to John and said, "she's travelled round the world to see me dressed like that", to which I replied, "no just to Munich".

Cue slightly awkward silence, then me launching into RQ, which luckily broke the ice and made him laugh.

Best thing of the night, Mika Mads daughter getting one of the big balloons signed. But just as Mika had done it, it burst!

So John, hero that he was rushed off, got a poster for Mika to sign instead. One happy little girl.

Well, how fast this came around!

This is the first of the 3 gigs that will always hold a special place in my heart, firstly as it's when I started the Random Questions, with a question that I had been long to ask the big guy for months.

Secondly, because I got to hang out with Bexxy again, who is one of the greatest people I know, and I always have a blast hanging out with her.

Thirdly, because I got to meet Sandi, or Tia as she is known here, who is a lovely girl and a joy to know.

The random questions were started purely by accident.

I only wanted to ask Mika if he'd ever play Dr Who if it were offered to him?

But because when you meet him after, it kind of gets a bit boring asking him to sign stuff, not only for me , but for him too I'd imagine. So taliking about it on the second night, which I'll go into more detail tomorrow, we thought why not ask him a question instead of getting him to sign things. So that's what I did.

There is a criteria I stick to, no personal and no intimate questions and they have to have a fun element to keep it light (although Mika, being Mika can go off at tangents, so I've since learned to word the questions VERY carefully, ha ha!)

This was a fun night, and Andy sticking his camera in our faces at every given opportunity, ha ha.

I think MacDonalds must do great trade when Mikas in town, because we queued at the venue from 2pm (A SENSIBLE TIME,TAKE NOTE!, and there was no sqauabbling, because people had got a good nights sleep, and STILL got front row!!!) and got all our drinks and food there (well just drinks for me, not a lover of their food).

And getting to meet Mika after was an incredibly well organised affair. We queued up out the front again and were let in 3 at a time, had a chance to take a photo (of not with), get something signed and have a quick chat. It was funny 'cause when he saw me, and dressed the way I was it wasn't difficult ha ha, he immediately turned to John and said, "she's travelled round the world to see me dressed like that", to which I replied, "no just to Munich".

Cue slightly awkward silence, then me launching into RQ, which luckily broke the ice and made him laugh.

Best thing of the night, Mika Mads daughter getting one of the big balloons signed. But just as Mika had done it, it burst!

So John, hero that he was rushed off, got a poster for Mika to sign instead. One happy little girl.

nice memories:wub2:

have you sent any random questions to be answered at mika's blog too?

nice memories:wub2:

have you sent any random questions to be answered at mika's blog too?

I haven't, because it's more of a face to face thing to do, his reaction to the question is just as good as his answer.

• 2 months later...
I'm going to attempt to post my favourite photo of the night, which probably isn't what you want to see, but I want to show off!:naughty:

.........then if it works, I promise to post some of the gig.

Sorry if it comes out huge, it's all I can do!

071014Ians40thontheGower046.jpg

i have about 100 pics for this gig and 200 from the 23rd and then another 100 for donny so its going to take me a while to sort through them but heres a taster of the 22nd...

2007_1123birmingham11070083.jpg

i just love this picture dunno why

2007_1123birmingham11070091.jpg

Signing afterwards

This 3d is full of wonderful pics! can't quote them all but they're all worth seeing!! :wub2::mf_lustslow:

Lovely vids as well! Thanks!!

Found this vid.. Happy Ending.. bad quality.. but just for MFC archives :naughty:

http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view3727848.html

Edited by mari62