how much do you love me

emmylou

It's not only the song that I love... If you see what I mean:thumb_yello:

I never expect that someone is so good at catching lyrics ...

but those meanings, I, myself, caught all them up after M I K A gig in Winterthur. And the groupie friend come together with me was not actually an old friend. I knew her on facebook only for 3 months ! I think she is an angel, and she said you should wait and have a picture with Mika if you wanted to ! Then I had the picture. It was actually the picture exposed something. Then I start reading my own threads and posts. After that I was more encouraged to suggest something but most of the time those ideas or words just pop up in my mind !!

I'm just rubbish and numb at catching something up myself, I'm really a knob head with no knob sometime !! I didn't even see the meaning of the setlist and 'how much do you love me' ? oh ... im tired ... but deep down my heart I think I love M I K A so much though I tried to leave it but it just shows on my face, my behaviour or even on my mind .

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it takes me a couple of listens to really like a song and I do prefer to hear it on cd-quality so I am going to wait and see how I feel about it then :) It sounds good, from what I've heard. It wouldn't be out of place on LICM so I like how his next album may not differ too much from his first.

Sometimes it takes me a couple of listens to really like a song and I do prefer to hear it on cd-quality so I am going to wait and see how I feel about it then :) It sounds good, from what I've heard. It wouldn't be out of place on LICM so I like how his next album may not differ too much from his first.

I'm actually worried that I won't like it as much on the CD. Generally I don't like his overuse of falsetto and it took me a long time to warm up to Love Today which happened for many reasons that have little to do with the track as it was produced on LICM.

I think part of the reason I love HMDYLM so much is because the first time I heard it MFC had been coming off the bitterness of summer cancellations and the boredom of his 2 month break. By some amazing stroke of luck we were able to see an almost perfect video of his first performance and he looked happy and healthy. The excitement of his new tour, hearing new material and that brilliant smile were exhilarating and I can't help associating it with the music.

I hope it retains that magic when he records it.

I'm actually worried that I won't like it as much on the CD. Generally I don't like his overuse of falsetto and it took me a long time to warm up to Love Today which happened for many reasons that have little to do with the track as it was produced on LICM.

I think part of the reason I love HMDYLM so much is because the first time I heard it MFC had been coming off the bitterness of summer cancellations and the boredom of his 2 month break. By some amazing stroke of luck we were able to see an almost perfect video of his first performance and he looked happy and healthy. The excitement of his new tour, hearing new material and that brilliant smile were exhilarating and I can't help associating it with the music.

I hope it retains that magic when he records it.

you've got a good point there

• 1 month later...

Another slightly different version of the lyrics of HMDYLM

There's a boy

His father's bad

He's living on the road

And it's so sad

Now he cries

Every day

Hes turned to the holy father and mother

To show the way

There's a girl

Her momma's gone

To love another man

Couldn't carry on

Now she cries

Every day

To forget about her mother

She runs away

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you need me

When I'm not there

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you miss me

When I'm not there

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

In this life

We live and learn

To lose what we love

And get what hurts

I'm not about

To forget it all

Gonna love every minute

Every hour more

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you need me

When I'm not there

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you miss me

When I'm not there

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you need me

When I'm not there

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you miss me

When I'm not there

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Gotta love you more, gotta love you more, hey

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you need me

When I'm not there

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you miss me

When I'm not there

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you need me

When I'm not there

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you miss me

When I'm not there

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

Do do do do

I adore this song and just melt every time I hear it. I find it very... I don't know... maybe comforting. Sort of like "Everybody Hurts" by REM or "Under the Bridge" by the Chili Peppers.

Gotta love you more, gotta love you more

Gotta love you more, gotta love you more

I always thought he sang:

I love you, I love you a lot

... until I read the lyrics and went back and looked at several versions. Yup, he's saying "gotta (or gonna) love you more". I liked it better when I thought he was saying "I love you, I love you a lot"!

quote=zoots14;1166373]I adore this song and just melt every time I hear it. I find it very... I don't know... maybe comforting. Sort of like "Everybody Hurts" by REM or "Under the Bridge" by the Chili Peppers

I totally agree, those are 2 of my favourite songs too!

I always thought he sang:
... until I read the lyrics and went back and looked at several versions. Yup, he's saying "gotta love you more". I liked it better when I thought he was saying "I love you, I love you a lot"![/quote]

I used to think that too, then the other day whilst listening to it really really loud i thought that it didnt sound quite right. So i decided to listen to as many versions of it that i could find on youtube, and after extensive research and like 4 hours of listening to it (still love the song though even after 4 hours of listening!) i decided it was probably more like this.

Yup, he's saying "gotta love you more". I liked it better when I thought he was saying "I love you, I love you a lot"!

That didn't take long to suss out when we first started breaking the song down. Gotta be green, gotta be mean... :fisch:

I hope Mika doesn't get criticism with all those do dos like Kate Nash's Merry Happy.

I'm pretty sure it would be. I'd be VERY suprised if it's not.

It better be! Its such a beautiful song!

It made me cry when I first heard it on that youtube video where he sings it really passionitly...:wub2:

But personally I hope he has a completely secret new album, with ALL new material that no one has ever heard yet! That would be amazing:wub2:

He's already announced on stage that the song will be on the album. I suppose he could cut it in the end if he finds it's not working with the rest of the material or something, but I highly doubt it. He must have a very good idea at this stage of where this album is going.