Mika @ International Centre, Bournemouth -- MFC REVIEWS!

dcdeb

:lmfao: My God, he wiped out at the end. :D Anyone have a better video of the fall where you can see it well?

Now what a sensitive sweet soul, wanting to witness someone's agony and embarrassment in finer detail.

:roftl::roftl::lmfao:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Didn't get back from Bournemouth until 7pm last night and was absolutely shattered after driving 470+ miles in 2 days so went to bed quite early. Will post a fuller report when I get time, have some pics of us in our costumes, ready to go on for Lollipop...we wore our flashing red hearts too, hope some of you noticed, I held mine up to the crowd at one point. What an amazing time, sad it's over though...

How do you get pics onto here ??? It's asking for a web address, can I not just insert from my PC??

Binky :thumb_yello:

Hi Guys

Didn't get back from Bournemouth until 7pm last night and was absolutely shattered after driving 470+ miles in 2 days so went to bed quite early. Will post a fuller report when I get time, have some pics of us in our costumes, ready to go on for Lollipop...we wore our flashing red hearts too, hope some of you noticed, I held mine up to the crowd at one point. What an amazing time, sad it's over though...

How do you get pics onto here ??? It's asking for a web address, can I not just insert from my PC??

Binky :thumb_yello:

Looking forward to your report.

Can't help with the photos - I just upload to photobucket, and

post a link!! :wink2:

thanks x posting....i love bits when he's talking.....:wub2:

anyone can write here what he says...i can only catch some things but not all.

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

Someone posted the dialogue of this clip - in another thread, or maybe this one :thumb_yello:

Mika

"I got into trouble when I was in Newcastle, there was a balcony upstairs and everyone was sitting down"

Crowd "Booo!"

"No no it's all right No don't be mean exactly, anyway everyone was sitting down and I kept on asking everyone to stand up, but every time I turned round everyone had sat down again and I kept complaining about it and they started getting really angry about it cos everyone was bullying them, the security guards wouldn't let them stand up! So when we play this next song, it doesn't matter what anyone is telling you GET THE F*CK UP!"

HE'S A LEGEND!

Here it is Robi :thumb_yello:

Having been hooked on Mika since first hearing Grace Kelly I couldn't wait to see him at Bournemouth and I was not dissapointed.

His first song, 'Relax' really got the crowd going. Some of the highlights of the gig was when he messed up a few notes on the piano during 'Stuck in the middle' and he stopped and admited he messed up and started again but it was just so sweet and funny the way he said it.

He played a few songs from the next album which were really good and seemed to have an underlying theme of religion through a few of them. Mika did a fantastic cover of 'Sweet Dreams' by Annie Lennox and his steel drum playing was one of the many features of the gig which sets Mika's concerts apart from the rest.

As for the staying topless for three songs, I was near the front and I loved it. Also, the chant of 'off,off,off...' was started by some of my mates and myself and rapidly spread through the whole of the concert hall which was followed by the comment by mika of 'I feel so cheap'

The whole gig just felt like one big party and this seems to sum up Mika and his music as a whole.

The encore of 'Lollipop' was filled with a lot of energy, especially with the use of silhouette puppetry of the teddy bears picnic which then turned violent but in a comedic way. He then left the stage after two encores but came on to do a THIRD one, a rarity for many artists but not Mika, once again he performed Relax with the same energy that he had carried throughout the gig.

So, overall the concert was the best I have ever seen, it was the first Mika concert I had been to and will definitely not be the last. Many props were used including; a giant skeleton, inflatable 'big girl' and confetti cannons but these all added to the craziness and entertaining factor which Mika brings us through his music. I would recommend that anyone who loves Mika has to go to one of his concerts, especially if they are all that good.

An amazing gig!!!:mf_lustslow:

Having been hooked on Mika since first hearing Grace Kelly I couldn't wait to see him at Bournemouth and I was not dissapointed.

His first song, 'Relax' really got the crowd going. Some of the highlights of the gig was when he messed up a few notes on the piano during 'Stuck in the middle' and he stopped and admited he messed up and started again but it was just so sweet and funny the way he said it.

He played a few songs from the next album which were really good and seemed to have an underlying theme of religion through a few of them. Mika did a fantastic cover of 'Sweet Dreams' by Annie Lennox and his steel drum playing was one of the many features of the gig which sets Mika's concerts apart from the rest.

As for the staying topless for three songs, I was near the front and I loved it. Also, the chant of 'off,off,off...' was started by some of my mates and myself and rapidly spread through the whole of the concert hall which was followed by the comment by mika of 'I feel so cheap'

The whole gig just felt like one big party and this seems to sum up Mika and his music as a whole.

The encore of 'Lollipop' was filled with a lot of energy, especially with the use of silhouette puppetry of the teddy bears picnic which then turned violent but in a comedic way. He then left the stage after two encores but came on to do a THIRD one, a rarity for many artists but not Mika, once again he performed Relax with the same energy that he had carried throughout the gig.

So, overall the concert was the best I have ever seen, it was the first Mika concert I had been to and will definitely not be the last. Many props were used including; a giant skeleton, inflatable 'big girl' and confetti cannons but these all added to the craziness and entertaining factor which Mika brings us through his music. I would recommend that anyone who loves Mika has to go to one of his concerts, especially if they are all that good.

Thanks for your report kittie :thumb_yello:

Kitty, what a great review. Full of enthusiasm as I'm sure you were on the night. 3 encores, wow, lucky things.

Yes that was my mpression, that it was one giant party where "anything goes". At one point I remember looking at the stage (in Doncaster) and thinking, "What the hell is going on up there, it's mayhem" Wonderful mayhem I might add.

hey jus thought I would put some pics up of the gig, they aren't amazing quality because it was just a camera phone but hope you enjoy...

Photo11282215.jpg

Photo11282210_1.jpg

Photo11282204.jpg

Photo11282119.jpg

Photo11282112_2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the pics! I think that Mika was elegant with this jacket. :biggrin2:

Kittie - my partner and I were the white bunny and eagle, dancing on stage during "Lollipop"!! We wore our flashing red hearts and I held mine up at one point but I don't think any MFCers noticed!! Just trying to figure out how to post pics up on here, can anyone tell me how you post them up straight from your PC ?? :thumb_yello:

I love mika, i loved his concert in Bornemouth, I would go again no doubt. I have been completey hooked since Febuary since he released Grace Kelly,I havent stopped listening to Mika's album since. I cant wait for his new album because i will buy it.....

I love mika, i loved his concert in Bornemouth, I would go again no doubt. I have been completey hooked since Febuary since he released Grace Kelly,I havent stopped listening to Mika's album since. I cant wait for his new album because i will buy it.....

Welcome here Nats - hope you have a great time :thumb_yello:

You need to upload them to a photobucket account first and then just copy in the links. If you load straight from PC it takes a day or so for the images to get through the forum system.

H Blue Sky - how do I upload straight to the forum ? I clicked 'Insert Picture' but it's asking for a URL ?? :mad3: