Mika @ International Centre, Bournemouth -- MFC REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Hi All

There was a guy backstage who was proposing to his missus, I guess her answer was yes because I saw him later with a woman and their children (?) leaving, all smiley, don't know if his name was Kieran though...

RAK1 - couldn't see very much on stage... my 'head' was very wobbly and it was difficult to see out of the mesh eyes (plus the chin strap inside which holds the head in place, I didn't use and it fell in front of my eyes at one point so I tried to stay in the same place so I didn't walk into anybody or fall off the stage). Martin knocked my head off as we left the stage and I heard the crowd cheer, I thought I had walked into something at that point!! Dcdeb - thanks for your help, I'll try and get the pics on as soon as possible..

Binky :thumb_yello:

Oh i know how that feels...:shocked:

I couldnt see a thing so i just danced in one place lol:bleh:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing your pics, you guys look awesome!!! Sounds fun!

... but quite a dangerous thing to do :naughty: - cut out the 'this is from Kieran' and 'I will just read it to you' ......

maybe that's what she did in the end... :roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: can you imagine if that happened? Kieran would have been :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Thankyou Diana and Robertina..Lauren, which venue did you do it at ? Were you a competition winner ?

Binky x :thumb_yello:

I did it at Doncaster on the 24th...I wasnt a competition winner i just went in fancy dress and got pulled on stage.

This is the vid:bleh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1adAMzEiY

Im the Monkey Lol!

zzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

Thanks Droopsy for the pic!

jus wondering if anyone has got a clip of either Mika saying 'I feel so cheap' and the prior events or when he messes up the piano and apologises. They were such classic moments that I would love to see them again! so if anyone has them please post them up!!

Liz

Kittie - my partner and I were the white bunny and eagle, dancing on stage during "Lollipop"!! We wore our flashing red hearts and I held mine up at one point but I don't think any MFCers noticed!! Just trying to figure out how to post pics up on here, can anyone tell me how you post them up straight from your PC ?? :thumb_yello:

You're joking! We were on the front row and were waving like mad at you and flashing our hearts at you! We noticed you all right! Well done!

Hey guys!

I've finally managed to upload my photos on my Flickr account. Feel free to have a look. I'm sorry they're not very good, but the lighting wasn't the best for photographs! Never mind!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21398058@N08/sets/72157603351557376/

Does anyone have the Bournemouth setlist they wouldn't mind typing up?

Thankyou in advance :biggrin2:

OMG i jus got back, i was staying there for a few days but i couldt find a computor:sneaky2:

IT WAS AMASING!!!!!!!

it was my first gig ever and i know it wont be me last mika gig, as soon as im old enough to get a car am going to go to every single one!

i did get a few pics though

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?MemberId=5022018520&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=6246884279

i hope this works, will talk later, gotta walk my dogs

Having been hooked on Mika since first hearing Grace Kelly I couldn't wait to see him at Bournemouth and I was not dissapointed.

His first song, 'Relax' really got the crowd going. Some of the highlights of the gig was when he messed up a few notes on the piano during 'Stuck in the middle' and he stopped and admited he messed up and started again but it was just so sweet and funny the way he said it.

He played a few songs from the next album which were really good and seemed to have an underlying theme of religion through a few of them. Mika did a fantastic cover of 'Sweet Dreams' by Annie Lennox and his steel drum playing was one of the many features of the gig which sets Mika's concerts apart from the rest.

As for the staying topless for three songs, I was near the front and I loved it. Also, the chant of 'off,off,off...' was started by some of my mates and myself and rapidly spread through the whole of the concert hall which was followed by the comment by mika of 'I feel so cheap'

The whole gig just felt like one big party and this seems to sum up Mika and his music as a whole.

The encore of 'Lollipop' was filled with a lot of energy, especially with the use of silhouette puppetry of the teddy bears picnic which then turned violent but in a comedic way. He then left the stage after two encores but came on to do a THIRD one, a rarity for many artists but not Mika, once again he performed Relax with the same energy that he had carried throughout the gig.

So, overall the concert was the best I have ever seen, it was the first Mika concert I had been to and will definitely not be the last. Many props were used including; a giant skeleton, inflatable 'big girl' and confetti cannons but these all added to the craziness and entertaining factor which Mika brings us through his music. I would recommend that anyone who loves Mika has to go to one of his concerts, especially if they are all that good.

An amazing gig!!!:mf_lustslow:

Thanks kitty, I love your report and I'm glad you had such a great time.

OMG i jus got back, i was staying there for a few days but i couldt find a computor:sneaky2:

IT WAS AMASING!!!!!!!

it was my first gig ever and i know it wont be me last mika gig, as soon as im old enough to get a car am going to go to every single one!

i did get a few pics though

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?MemberId=5022018520&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=6246884279

i hope this works, will talk later, gotta walk my dogs

Link wont work as your profile is set to private :thumb_yello:

Maybe try uploading to photobucket - then post that link, that

way your Bebo stays private! :biggrin2:

I've got this if it's any help:

Dodgy Holiday tour Oct/Nov/Dec 2007

Set list

Relax

Big Girl

My Interpretation

Billy Brown

Holy Johnny

Any Other World

Ring Ring

How Much Do You Love Me?

Stuck In The Middle

Missionary Man (Apollo) or Sweet Dreams (Doncaster Dome)

Happy Ending

Love Today

Grace Kelly

(animal play)

Lollipop

*Relax* x

Set list

Relax

Big Girl

My Interpretation

Billy Brown

Holy Johnny

Any Other World

Ring Ring

How Much Do You Love Me?

Stuck In The Middle

Happy Ending

Love Today

Grace Kelly

(animal play)

Lollipop

*Relax* x

Ooh thank you for that Ruth - I was actually going to ask someone for the set list as I'm having trouble remembering the order now, it's fading a bit from the old memory (sniff :thumbdown: ).

Set list

Relax

Big Girl

My Interpretation

Billy Brown

Holy Johnny

Any Other World

Ring Ring

How Much Do You Love Me?

Stuck In The Middle

Happy Ending

Love Today

Grace Kelly

(animal play)

Lollipop

*Relax* x

Aww that's fab! Thanks so much!