Michael Buble's cover of...erm...Grace Kelly

paula.pop

yeah, it is just awful! I posted it here ages ago, but have never watched it fully- too disturbing!!!

He is about to tour oz again early next year (he pratically lives here!) so we will wait to see if it makes an encore appearance!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah he is making fun of Mika:/ I like his voice but after seeing this...:sneaky2:

The cheeky piece of slime. Yes, I used to like Michael Whatsisname too, but not anymore. My message to him is If you can't get the notes, don't sing the song! It's way beyond your not so manly capabilities to sing a Mika song!!!

There is only one MAN in pop!!!

Love (but not to him) today, from Marilyn

I like Michael Bublé.

And if you want to be mean to people who make jokes about Mika, be mean to me. I call Hollis on a regular basis to make fun of him. Yesterday was a prime example.

But it's all in good fun.

Why are people suddenly dissing or dropping their interest of Buble because of this.IMO He was making a sarcastic joke, that is all.

I think even Mika would laugh at the sarcasm in calling Grace Kelly manly, its a joke, tis all.

There's no need to suddenly hate Buble over it, even if you do find it to be made in bad taste.

Why are people suddenly dissing or dropping their interest of Buble because of this.IMO He was making a sarcastic joke, that is all.

I think even Mika would laugh at the sarcasm in calling Grace Kelly manly, its a joke, tis all.

There's no need to suddenly hate Buble over it, even if you do find it to be made in bad taste.

I never thought much to him in the first place, he just does nowt for me.

Talk about sarcastic.

"I don't want to be a girly man... let's sing something manly". *sings "I can be brown, I can be blue, I can be violet sky..."* "Stop. That's not manly".

It's funny. He made his joke at the expense of Mika, but oh well, Mika isn't exactly butch.

:lmao: at this thread

I agree.. it's just a performance and he's having fun..

Grace Kelly is not a 'manly sounding' song to SING..

it's clearly sarcasm and twisted humour.. Not everybody gets it..

Here: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=uK6TmvGBU60

He explains himself a bit here.. so that anyone who thinks he is personally picking on Mika can hear for themselves that he is just the sort of guy to do sarcastic crap like what we are discussing here..

And can someone show me a butch Mika picture :naughty:I'd love to see that!

and btw, I love Jon Bon Jovi.. but he's not even Butch to me.. even in the 80's!!

I never thought much to him in the first place, he just does nowt for me.

But that's from not liking him in the first place, you're not really changing your opinion.

I just find people suddenly hating him now, after liking him, because of this a little strange IMO. After all, he was just making a sarcastic joke. :blink:

I think things like that irritate me a bit cos (correct me if I am wrong) but we don't really hear of Mika publicly having a dig at other people in the business that much, the most I have ever heard was that rumour about not wanting a certain to boy/man band to use one of his songs.

I think Mika seems to let it roll off his back like water off a duck, maybe cos he is used to people having pops at him and cos he believes in himself (rightly so) so he knows their jibes and bitchyiness just makes THEM look bad.

I think things like that irritate me a bit cos (correct me if I am wrong) but we don't really hear of Mika publicly having a dig at other people in the business that much, the most I have ever heard was that rumour about not wanting a certain to boy/man band to use one of his songs.

Ahem. In "A Long Way From Home" on the "Mika: Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD? His comments on Lilly Allen, for one, aren't flattering.

I don't hate (hate is such a strong word!) Michael Buble because of this, but i advice him not to give up his 'day-job' and become a stand-up comedian, because he really isn't that funny :naughty:

He should just stick to his 'own' songs and this proves that Mika's songs can only be sung by Mika himself :punk:

Ahem. In "A Long Way From Home" on the "Mika: Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD? His comments on Lilly Allen, for one, aren't flattering.

Yeah, when he was in Holland during summer he also showed that he didn't like Lily Allen. I was wondering why, maybe he just doesn't like her music?

well. Lily is a douche. She drinks at her concerts, and she talks about other artist. So, Mika is right. But nobody can say anything bad about Mika, there's nothing to say, lol. :thumb_yello:

well. Lily is a douche. She drinks at her concerts, and she talks about other artist. So, Mika is right. But nobody can say anything bad about Mika, there's nothing to say, lol. :thumb_yello:

I had read somewhere 'bout Lily's heavy rude declarations 'bout the mikster..the poor girl doesn't understand she could reach fame also being polite..{oh, but tabloid are always in search of s!ht}:mf_rosetinted:

Hope wasnt posted before

Kudos to Sou for finding it...even though it is quite disturbing! I didnt belive her at first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN1i2W2waAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwFRZ09wCTM&feature=related

Today I found this in You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN1i2W2waAQ&feature=related

This feature wasn’t a joke. He was singing seriously.

I do not understand: Why does Buble sing Mika's songs in his gigs and, at the same time, he ridicules Mika ?:thumbdown:

i knew michael buble was a Mika fan but i didnt know it could get this far. hahaha. the *joke* at the beginning is just cover up for his embarassing enthusiasm at covering a song he cant sing well. the guy couldnt help it. he just had to sing GK.:roftl: but then dont we all.....

Today I found this in You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN1i2W2waAQ&feature=related

This feature wasn’t a joke. He was singing seriously.

I do not understand: Why does Buble sing Mika's songs in his gigs and, at the same time, he ridicules Mika ?:thumbdown:

I put a comment on YouTube. Something like..

How dare he disrespect the awesome Mika, when he can't even sing Grace Kelly as well as any one of Mika's fans, at Mika's sold-out gigs.

Love today, from Marilyn

I love Michael Buble. He's coming to Oz next year and I'm wondering if I'm going to have enough money to see both him AND Mika. I thought this was hilarious. Classic Buble. I have one of his D.V.D.'s and in that one he starts dissing his friend Josh Groban and Josh shows up!! It's really funny. Well, ok, maybe it's only me who thinks it's funny, but because I love both Michael and Mika, it doesn't bother me. I'm actually hoping he'll keep it up and sing it in Canberra. (and that I get to go of course).

Well, we have always liked Michael but why can't he just perform without trying to be funny. He acted kind of drunk (our opinion). Of course we wouldn't consider Mika totally manly or grace kelly for that matter, but if Michael is jealous of Mika that is only great for Mika.

Also the piano playing was horrific. We are so used to Mika playing it. Wow, it really wasn't the same that we heard somebody else singing Mika's song.

Our best regards to Michael but our hearts are for Mika!

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins