Stars turn out for Great Ormond Street Christmas party

dcdeb

Celebrities stop by the children's hospital

Stars including Sir Paul McCartney, Mika, Vernon Kay and Tess Daly attended The Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Christmas Party yesterday.

The celebrities got into the festive spirit with the help of 1,500 children and their families in London.

The kids, who have all been treated by the hospital this year, joined the stars in Santa's Magical Workshop where there were elves, snow, giant toys and reindeer.

Treats included party food, music, games, toy-making and toy-testing areas, a chance to meet Santa and some early Christmas presents.

'We're delighted to be able to share this exciting day with the children as they deserve a wonderful Christmas treat after coping so bravely with the tough year that many of them have had,' Tess, patron of the hospital tells Now Online.

'Great Ormond Street Hospital does such fantastic work in helping the children get better.'

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_news/Stars_turn_out_for_Great_Ormond_Street_Christmas_party_article_170055.html

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good of Mika to go and do that. You don't see him doing this kind of thing, as a rule, do you? As he doesn't consider himself a 'celebrity' ; it's usually Celebs who do this kind of thing....

A nice Christmas gesture though. Thanks for posting dcdeb :biggrin2:

The kids, who have all been treated by the hospital this year, joined the stars in Santa's Magical Workshop where there were elves, snow, giant toys and reindeer.

Treats included party food, music, games, toy-making and toy-testing areas, a chance to meet Santa and some early Christmas presents.

Sounds like a very mika-ish party.:bleh:

And such a fantastic charity :blush-anim-cl:

I think it's great that Mika has got involved. Being famous means you can help people, there's nothing wrong with a famous person bringing some joy into sick childrens' lives.

If Mika keeps doing things like this, while at the same time, not doing all the other stuff - which he doesn't do anyway - he'll be a really popular and respected famous person.

Love today, from Marilyn

I think it's great that Mika has got involved. Being famous means you can help people, there's nothing wrong with a famous person bringing some joy into sick childrens' lives.

yay!

seriously i though most of famous ppl use this kind of thing to promote themselves

but i had changed my mind these years , that becoz they are famous, they are much more easy to get ppl attention , to know other ppl's suffering, to get other ppl involved volunteer :wink2:

This is so sweet. :)

Here's a photo:

good job! MIKA! :thumb_yello::biggrin2::wub2:

Celebrities stop by the children's hospital

Stars including Sir Paul McCartney, Mika, Vernon Kay and Tess Daly attended The Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Christmas Party yesterday.

The celebrities got into the festive spirit with the help of 1,500 children and their families in London.

'We're delighted to be able to share this exciting day with the children as they deserve a wonderful Christmas treat after coping so bravely with the tough year that many of them have had,' Tess, patron of the hospital tells Now Online.

'Great Ormond Street Hospital does such fantastic work in helping the children get better.'

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_news/Stars_turn_out_for_Great_Ormond_Street_Christmas_party_article_170055.html

I sooo can imagine mika doing that:bleh: