• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika: Live In Concert

Performance by the solo artist

General Arts/Culture

Wednesday 26th December at 6:00pm on TMF: The Music Factory

Mika: Live in Paris

The singer-songwriter performs material from his album Life in Cartoon Motion SUB HD

Pop

Friday 28th December at 10:10am on Channel 4

Top of the Pops Christmas Special

Fearne Cotton and Reggie Yates present the seasonal countdown of the year's most successful chart acts, ending by revealing which artist has bagged the coveted Christmas number one. Artists appearing include Mika, Take That, Kaiser Chiefs, Rihanna, Girls Aloud and Leona Lewis SUB

Pop

Tuesday 25th December at 1:30pm on BBC 1 London

A Little Later

Mika, Kate Nash and Adele: Musical highlights from Later with Jools Holland with Mika, Kate Nash and Adele

General Music/Ballet/Dance

Tuesday 25th December at 2:35pm on BBC HD

MTV Europe Music Awards 2007

Highlights of the prestigious event at the Olympiahalle in Munich, hosted by Snoop Dogg. Justin Timerlake looks set to cement his status as the prince of pop as he is nominated for four awards, including Solo Artist of 2007. Featuring performance by the Foo Fighters, Mika, Toyko Hotel, Avril Lavigne and My Chemical Romance

Monday 31st December at 7:30pm on MTV

Jools' Annual Hootenanny 2007

Jools Holland welcomes 2008 with a musical celebration featuring a wide-ranging mix of acts. Paul McCartney tops the bill, while Kylie Minogue celebrates her 20 years in the charts and the release of her 10th album X. Kaiser Chiefs perform tracks from Yours Truly, Angry Mob, including Ruby, and the one and only nutty boys, Madness, dip into their 25-year back catalogue. There are also appearances by two artists who have made their mark over the past 12 months - Mika, with his Life in Cartoon Motion album, featuring the massive hit Grace Kelly, and Lily Allen soundalike Kate Nash, with the kitchen-sink pop of album Made of Bricks. Rounding off the bill is Sixties soul singer Eddie Floyd, with the classic Knock on Wood. As the clocks strike 12, the Pipes and Drums of the 1st Battalion of the Scots Guards help bring in the new year SUB HD

Monday 31st December at 11:05pm on BBC 2

And Radio

The Class of 2007

Wednesday 26 December

11:00pm - 11:30pm

BBC Radio 2

Paul Gambaccini presents his choice of the breakthrough artists of 2007 and interviews them. 3: Paul talks to Mika, Patrick Wolf and Rodrigo Y Gabriela

So much for taking a break. :shocked:

They are all repeats or have been recorded already, except for the Class of 2007 which I don't know about.

I expect that will have akready been recorded too, radio shows like that usually are.

Thanks for that Babs, it's a pain not having Sky HD though, which is on channel 143 for those who are interested.

General Arts/Culture

The singer-songwriter performs material from his album Life in Cartoon Motion SUB HD

Pop

Fearne Cotton and Reggie Yates present the seasonal countdown of the year's most successful chart acts, ending by revealing which artist has bagged the coveted Christmas number one. Artists appearing include Mika, Take That, Kaiser Chiefs, Rihanna, Girls Aloud and Leona Lewis SUB

Pop

A Little Later

Mika, Kate Nash and Adele: Musical highlights from Later with Jools Holland with Mika, Kate Nash and Adele

Highlights of the prestigious event at the Olympiahalle in Munich, hosted by Snoop Dogg. Justin Timerlake looks set to cement his status as the prince of pop as he is nominated for four awards, including Solo Artist of 2007. Featuring performance by the Foo Fighters, Mika, Toyko Hotel, Avril Lavigne and My Chemical Romance

Jools Holland welcomes 2008 with a musical celebration featuring a wide-ranging mix of acts. Paul McCartney tops the bill, while Kylie Minogue celebrates her 20 years in the charts and the release of her 10th album X. Kaiser Chiefs perform tracks from Yours Truly, Angry Mob, including Ruby, and the one and only nutty boys, Madness, dip into their 25-year back catalogue. There are also appearances by two artists who have made their mark over the past 12 months - Mika, with his Life in Cartoon Motion album, featuring the massive hit Grace Kelly, and Lily Allen soundalike Kate Nash, with the kitchen-sink pop of album Made of Bricks. Rounding off the bill is Sixties soul singer Eddie Floyd, with the classic Knock on Wood. As the clocks strike 12, the Pipes and Drums of the 1st Battalion of the Scots Guards help bring in the new year SUB HD

And Radio

The Class of 2007

Wednesday 26 December

BBC Radio 2

Paul Gambaccini presents his choice of the breakthrough artists of 2007 and interviews them. 3: Paul talks to Mika, Patrick Wolf and Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Thank you Babs, so much. I've just printed out the info. Bless your heart for telling us.

Did you know that our poor Mika was named as one of the hundred most annoying celebrities of 2007? He was only 97, but it was the usual excuses that were given. He's not original, he's 'Mika the Squeaker', he won't talk about his sexuality.

God, can't these people get a life already!

My husband, bless his noble heart, emailed the bbc, to tell them they should be ashamed of themselves. He is aware that I have gained more confidence in myself thanks to Mika. I too have an invisible disability, but Mika has inspired me to be the best I can be, despite my problems, just as Mika himself is. So Alan told them they should be applauding Mika for overcomming his dyslexia, to write amazing music, and for inspiring others with similar problems. He should get a medal, and a knighthood, not all this disrespect from people who don't know whatr they are talking about!!

Love today, from Marilyn

Thank you Babs, so much. I've just printed out the info. Bless your heart for telling us.

Did you know that our poor Mika was named as one of the hundred most annoying celebrities of 2007? He was only 97, but it was the usual excuses that were given. He's not original, he's 'Mika the Squeaker', he won't talk about his sexuality.

God, can't these people get a life already!

My husband, bless his noble heart, emailed the bbc, to tell them they should be ashamed of themselves. He is aware that I have gained more confidence in myself thanks to Mika. I too have an invisible disability, but Mika has inspired me to be the best I can be, despite my problems, just as Mika himself is. So Alan told them they should be applauding Mika for overcomming his dyslexia, to write amazing music, and for inspiring others with similar problems. He should get a medal, and a knighthood, not all this disrespect from people who don't know whatr they are talking about!!

Love today, from Marilyn

i think a lot of people are complaining to the BBC bout mika now, they're gonna be showing him on tv more than ever soon :bleh:

but well done to your husband, that was very sweet of him :wub2:

They are showing some programme on BBC 3 right now like the top 100 annoying celebrities or smth, Perez Hilton has been on talking about Joss Stone and in the titles they showed a clip of Big Girl, so I wonder if Mika is going to be on it?

Yep...he was on it, at number 97!!!

If anyone wants to give BBC a piece of their minds about this awesome, talented young man. Here is the email address.

haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk

Love today, from Marilyn

Pop

A Little Later

General Arts/Culture

The Class of 2007

Wednesday 26 December

BBC Radio 2

Pop

sorry i just had to sort that out for myself :blush-anim-cl:

I wish you a Mika Christmas,

And a Mikafull New Year.

Glad tidings I bring,

Cos Mika's the King,

I wish you all a Mika Christmas,

And a Mikafull new year!!!

Love today from Marilyn

Well, it's Christmas day and I watched Top of the Pops, and I saw Mika, for all of 3 seconds!! They only showed 3 seconds of his video for Grace Kelly. Rihanna was on the show, and even Amy Winehouse. Not everyone on the show was live, but they didn't show a performance by Mika at all. Everyone else, listed as being on, like Kate Nash etc, were on, but Mika was not, despite being the best selling male artist for this year! They could have shown his video in full, or some concert footage, if Mika couldn't be live on the show.

This is why people really should tell the BBC that they should show Mika, not cut him out of every show he's meant to be in.

I hope now, people will start emailing them

haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk

Once again from Marilyn

You might want to add from Boxing Day at 10am on Capital Radio, they're broacasting Lucio's best interviews, which include Mika.

oh crap, and i missed it :doh: i heard bout it on the radio yesterday but i couldn't hear the dates and stuff.. aah well

oh crap, and i missed it :doh: i heard bout it on the radio yesterday but i couldn't hear the dates and stuff.. aah well

Listen to this instead!

The Class of 2007

Wednesday 26 December

BBC Radio 2

Listen to this instead!

The Class of 2007

Wednesday 26 December

BBC Radio 2

yeah i will do don't worry :wink2:

Listen to this instead!

The Class of 2007

Wednesday 26 December

BBC Radio 2

Thanks for the reminder, was about to go and read a book. :naughty: