• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More news about Rufus on Brian's site. He'll be playing with Roger at the upcoming Spike Edney All-Star gig on the 24th of January!

Here's an excerpt..

The young Rufus Taylor has been learning his father’s skill almost since he was able to pick up a drum stick. Rufus’ first big public appearance was in December’s Royal Variety Show when he backed Queen’s Brian May and singer Kerry Ellis on their performance of the May produced track ‘Defying Gravity’.

Rufus spends much time working in father Roger Taylor’s recording studio and has no doubts about the fact that he intends to follow a professional career as a drummer. The young Rufus is even considering an offer to be resident drummer in the house band for the up-coming touring production of the Queen musical, We Will Rock You.

Touring production of We Will Rock You, hey? Perhaps they will come to Australia. :das:

• 4 weeks later...
Oh, awesome! I love that concert. I've watched it over and over. And the commentary with Brian and Roger is brilliant. :naughty:

I think it's must better than chocolate or flowers. :wink2:

Ooh yay! :original: I've seen it once but can now watch it at my desire. :naughty:

Aww, thanks. I agree with you! :punk:

PS: Your avatar is so funny! Those eyebrows...they slay me. :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soooo, in jazz choir today, my teacher pulled out an arrangement of Under Pressure...that is totally WRONG...so the class was spent with me kind of taking over and correcting the lyrics, melodies etc. :roftl::roftl: I think I was really getting on some peoples' nerves but it will now sound AWESOME! And I think the teacher is going to give me part of the solo because nobody else knows it :naughty:

Soooo, in jazz choir today, my teacher pulled out an arrangement of Under Pressure...that is totally WRONG...so the class was spent with me kind of taking over and correcting the lyrics, melodies etc. :roftl::roftl: I think I was really getting on some peoples' nerves but it will now sound AWESOME! And I think the teacher is going to give me part of the solo because nobody else knows it :naughty:

Cool - go for it :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

As reported by VH1 Classic Radio News:

1 May 09

Next month, Paul Rodgers and the rest of Bad Company will reunite for a tour. The trek, however, is just ten dates, leading many to question why it is so short. Is Paul afraid to travel for fear of catching the Swine Flu? He explained the real reason behind the smaller trek.

“Well, you know, I’ve travelled and I’m not worried about stuff like that. I usually find, to be honest with you, that most of those things are exaggerated way out of proportion. You know, I’m not afraid to travel, it’s just I want to be able to focus more on waking up in one place and working on music, I think really, and that’s really the reason. I think next year I’ll probably be touring my brains out.”

The next time Rodgers tours, it probably won’t be with Queen. After spending a lot of time with them the past couple years, it seems he’s amicable parted ways with the legendary group.

“Well, you know, we did a world tour, we did a second tour of Europe and the Far East and Eastern Europe and we did a studio album and I think we’re kind of leaving it there gently. It’s out there for us to do things in the future if there’s something, a huge charity say like Nelson Mandela, I’m always open to that, but I think we are pretty much done.”

No north American/Australian tour?? :boxed:

1 May 09

Next month, Paul Rodgers and the rest of Bad Company will reunite for a tour. The trek, however, is just ten dates, leading many to question why it is so short. Is Paul afraid to travel for fear of catching the Swine Flu? He explained the real reason behind the smaller trek.

“Well, you know, I’ve travelled and I’m not worried about stuff like that. I usually find, to be honest with you, that most of those things are exaggerated way out of proportion. You know, I’m not afraid to travel, it’s just I want to be able to focus more on waking up in one place and working on music, I think really, and that’s really the reason. I think next year I’ll probably be touring my brains out.”

The next time Rodgers tours, it probably won’t be with Queen. After spending a lot of time with them the past couple years, it seems he’s amicable parted ways with the legendary group.

“Well, you know, we did a world tour, we did a second tour of Europe and the Far East and Eastern Europe and we did a studio album and I think we’re kind of leaving it there gently. It’s out there for us to do things in the future if there’s something, a huge charity say like Nelson Mandela, I’m always open to that, but I think we are pretty much done.”

Yes.. I read that and nearly cried. I want to see them so badly! :tears:

1 May 09

No north American/Australian tour?? :boxed:

:tears::crybaby: They CAN'T! I mean, I know they won't want to tour forever, but...but...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a strange feeling concerning why Brian is keeping quiet...

He hasn't posted on his blog for over two weeks now - I don't know what is happening but at first I thought the 'announcement' of PR leaving was all discussed and based on 'mutual agreement'... :blink:.........now I don't think so any more.....