Don't know if any of you have seen this yet, but Tom Chaplin from Keane sang "It's A Hard Life" with Queen at the Prince's Trust, and perhaps I'm just biased, but I think he did an amazing job. :wub2:

Check it out:

[YOUTUBE]vnI9uewpk8w[/YOUTUBE]

WOW! I have not seen this before. FANTASTIC job by Tom. He does Queen very well.

'Storm troopers In Stilettos

an exhibition celebrating 40 years of the band Queen

at The Old Truman Brewery on February 24, 2011 in London, England.

MORE:

http://www.stormtroopersinstilettos.com/

[YouTube]HvAUiifS8WI[/YouTube]

[YouTube]HIkq0jqcDik&feature[/YouTube]

Edited by A. Clay

This thread used to have some good discussions it has been neglected for a while, so let me post some relevant videos now (rather than fake ones of Mika and Queen singing together ..etc :blink:)

40 years ago, in February 1971 John Deacon joined Brian, Roger and Freddie to record their first album.

Here are the first 4 demos they recorded:

Liar – demo

[YOUTUBE]RkoSwIDAI5c[/YOUTUBE]

Keep Yourself Alive

[YOUTUBE]V1ykD1kbIb4[/YOUTUBE]

The Night Comes Down

[YOUTUBE]i7EXlSMuMjM[/YOUTUBE]

Jesus

[YOUTUBE]-MoJPZqlnkk[/YOUTUBE]

I hope Queen fans will return to this thread :original:

This thread used to have some good discussions it has been neglected for a while, so let me post some relevant videos now (rather than fake ones of Mika and Queen singing together ..etc :blink:)

40 years ago, in February 1971 John Deacon joined Brian, Roger and Freddie to record their first album.

Liar – demo

Keep Yourself Alive

The Night Comes Down

Jesus

Those demos will be released with the re-editions of the albums, on March 14th! :thumb_yello: Would like to get them, let's see how much they'll cost...

Actually, I'm not getting my hopes high, Queen albums always seem to escape every single sale/promotion here! :aah: Damn!

Those demos will be released with the re-editions of the albums, on March 14th! :thumb_yello: !

Well, they have been around for years, so it is high time they get released officially.

I can't keep up-to-date with whatever is released under the name Queen: there is at least one Greatest Hits collection per year and I honestly often don't even go through the track listing as it is unlikely to be any unreleased song and I can't say I am a collector of rareties.:teehee:

Actually, I'm not getting my hopes high, Queen albums always seem to escape every single sale/promotion here! :aah: Damn!

They are with Universal now, so probably they'll get more attention (it will be their first release with them, I guess.) However, demos really are only for collectors so I don't think there will or even should be much investment in promoting it :dunno:

Well, they have been around for years, so it is high time they get released officially.

I can't keep up-to-date with whatever is released under the name Queen: there is at least one Greatest Hits collection per year and I honestly often don't even go through the track listing as it is unlikely to be any unreleased song and I can't say I am a collector of rareties.:teehee:

There's another compilation to be released, with some songs that were not on the GH, like '39, March Of The Black Queen, etc. Good one, for those who don't own the albums I guess, maybe to get some people curious for more than the GH songs. :wink2:

As for the demos, I believe every album will have them as bonus tracks, so we'll have to get them to have the demos. (oh the marketing machine). :thumb_yello:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to these re-editions, as I don't have all the albuns in original CD, and others I only have the vinyl edition. :wink2:

Queen re-release the first five albums of his career in March

To celebrate 40 years of the British band Queen, will be relaunched on the market all the studio albums the group.

The first five albums, "Queen" "Queen II" "Sheer Heart Attack", "A Night At The Opera" and "A Day at The Races" will be the first to arrive in stores from March 14. Prices were not disclosed.

All albums will be remastered and sold in four different formats. The first is the simple disk with the original repertoire. The second will be a double disc with bonus material. Fans purists will have the chance to buy the albums on vinyl. Already the most contemporary also able to acquire the initial work of the Queen in digital format via iTunes.

The other band's albums will also be relaunched later, but no date has been set.

"We have had a lot of work to now be able to offer a completely new mastering of CDs and LPs from the Queen. I know our fans will appreciate every detail that will bring our first records closer to the magic of the original vinyl, but with the advantage and benefit of technology" said Brian May, guitarist of Queen, in a statement.

Exhibition

It was opened in London this week the exhibition: "Stormtroopers in stiletto's: Queen, the early years. They will be on display until March 12 rare photos of the band material's early career and outfits worn by Freddie Mercury. The show is at the center Arts The Old Truman Brewery.

More in the site:

http://www.cifraclubnews.com.br/noticias/24581-queen-relancara-os-primeiros-cinco-discos-da-carreira-em-marco.html

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this in a newsletter:

Roger Taylor says they are working on unreleased MJ / Mercury songs

Posted March 11, 2011 by JJSaidIt Staff |Category: Michael Jackson

Roger Taylor says they are working on unreleased MJ / Mercury songs In the early 80′s, Freddie Mercury (the late lead singer of Queen) recorded 3 songs with Michael. Michael and Mercury were fairly good friends. According to Queen drummer Roger Taylor, it was Michael who suggested they release “Another one Bites the Dust” as a single. It was the band’s biggest hit in the U.S.

Anyway, Freddie stopped by Michael’s house to work on a few songs. They were “Victory”, “State of Shock” and “there must Be More to Life than This”. the demos were ran through a few times but sadly left unfinished as both men had their own tours/albums to work on. Ever since, fans of both have been wondering how the songs came out, if they’d ever get the chance to hear them.

A few years back, a box set of virtually every Mercury track recorded was released and fans had hoped the duets with Michael would be included. They were not. as yet, they have not been officially released anywhere in the world.

As some of you may know, “State of Shock” was released but with Mick Jagger instead of Mercury. “…More to Life than This” ended up as a Freddie only track on his album “mr. bad Guy”.

In an interview with a Belgian magazine Roger Tayler says “We are now working on some never-before-released songs that Freddy made with Michael in the early 80′s. I’m not allowed to say too much about it but they sound incredible!”.

http://johnjohnsaidit.com/roger-taylor-says-they-are-working-on-unreleased-mj-mercury-songs/

Roger Taylor says they are working on unreleased MJ / Mercury songs In the early 80′s, Freddie Mercury (the late lead singer of Queen) recorded 3 songs with Michael. Michael and Mercury were fairly good friends. According to Queen drummer Roger Taylor, it was Michael who suggested they release “Another one Bites the Dust” as a single. It was the band’s biggest hit in the U.S.

Anyway, Freddie stopped by Michael’s house to work on a few songs. They were “Victory”, “State of Shock” and “there must Be More to Life than This”. the demos were ran through a few times but sadly left unfinished as both men had their own tours/albums to work on. Ever since, fans of both have been wondering how the songs came out, if they’d ever get the chance to hear them.

A few years back, a box set of virtually every Mercury track recorded was released and fans had hoped the duets with Michael would be included. They were not. as yet, they have not been officially released anywhere in the world.

As some of you may know, “State of Shock” was released but with Mick Jagger instead of Mercury. “…More to Life than This” ended up as a Freddie only track on his album “mr. bad Guy”.

In an interview with a Belgian magazine Roger Tayler says “We are now working on some never-before-released songs that Freddy made with Michael in the early 80′s. I’m not allowed to say too much about it but they sound incredible!”.

http://johnjohnsaidit.com/roger-taylor-says-they-are-working-on-unreleased-mj-mercury-songs/

:teehee: *.*

• 1 month later...

v exciting :biggrin2:

Liar – demo

Keep Yourself Alive

The Night Comes Down

Jesus

so long ago :shocked:, thanks Suzi ...

Oh, wow, this ought to be interesting.

I love that after 40 years or so they still do things. :wub2: