Virgin show - Parc des Princes - Paris http://www.virginradio.fr/ at 10:30 pm Fr

Pamette

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's how I feel. If you're in the front it doesn't matter if there are 5,000 or 50,000 people behind you. When I was at Brixton I didn't even look at the crowd. When Mika is 5 feet in front of me there is no one else on the planet as far as I'm concerned.

The queue situation sucks, but that's the problem with the venue policies, not the size. Standing outside Brixton and Hammersmith all day was a big f*ing waste of time too.

I agree with what you say about being at the front- the problem here is that to be at the front of a 50K venue, one needs to queue not for a day, but for dayS.

And I for one am not willing to do that.

I already find it quite pathetic that we queued the whole day for the London shows, and that is as far as I'll go to see someone. I'm not into camping thanks.:naughty:

Somehow this doesn't sound quite right to me :blink:

But I'd still love to be there!!

And yes, it's a megalomaniac thing to do, but surely Mika can survive such Hysteria?

Oh he will..and I'm quite sure that he will also get a high of it.

The question here is will everyone else?!

I also want to comment on what someone mentioned regarding the "support act or acts", ie ,the possibility of there being more than one support act.

That is something that bugs me,cause I've always been quite against the idea of support acts and fillers.

I go to a concert to see that person, and it annoys me to have to sit through someone else's peformance when I may have no interest in hearing that artist/band at all....I hope that it doesn't sound too grumpy but it's the way I feel it.

I'd rather go to a 2 hour concert of someone who I want to see, than go to a 3 or 4 hour concert with that artist and another "filler", be it in the form of support acts, dancers, fireworks or whatever else.

I very much like to be in control of what I go and watch, and not just be stuck there with whatever is thrown at me.

Ok rant over:naughty: :roftl:

I agree with what you say about being at the front- the problem here is that to be at the front of a 50K venue, one needs to queue not for a day, but for dayS.

And I for one am not willing to do that.

I already find it quite pathetic that we queued the whole day for the London shows, and that is as far as I'll go to see someone. I'm not into camping thanks.:naughty:

Oh he will..and I'm quite sure that he will also get a high of it.

The question here is will everyone else?!

I also want to comment on what someone mentioned regarding the "support act or acts", ie ,the possibility of there being more than one support act.

That is something that bugs me,cause I've always been quite against the idea of support acts and fillers.

I go to a concert to see that person, and it annoys me to have to sit through someone else's peformance when I may have no interest in hearing that artist/band at all....I hope that it doesn't sound too grumpy but it's the way I feel it.

I'd rather go to a 2 hour concert of someone who I want to see, than go to a 3 or 4 hour concert with that artist and another "filler", be it in the form of support acts, dancers, fireworks or whatever else.

I very much like to be in control of what I go and watch, and not just be stuck there with whatever is thrown at me.

Ok rant over:naughty: :roftl:

Well, I totally agree with you about "fillers" ,it's terribly annoying,especially for that kind of concerts with loads of ppl!

But there are going to be at least a filler,and I think more than one :thumbdown:

Another bad point.

OMG!!!! yes! I'm also fan! :lmfao:

except that I did understand! :lmfao:

I just love it ! :blush-anim-cl:

I just had the last season on DVD for X-mas!

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet though, got distracted ;)

Cet épisode"c'est pas faux" est le meilleur de tous j'pense... avec les maures :roftl:

I just had the last season on DVD for X-mas!

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet though, got distracted ;)

Cet épisode"c'est pas faux" est le meilleur de tous j'pense... avec les maures :roftl:

I offered all the dvds to a relative! And the last one also for Xmas!

Did u like the last seasons ? Though they were different, some episodes weren't bad but it's still strange. I'm wondering what will happen then!

C'est vrai que c'est un des meilleurs épisodes. Surtt que y'en a plusieurs! ^^

Mais sinon j'aime bien celui avec les 2 gars "chinois" (je c plus exactement) qui veulent "envahir" Kaamelott mais à la fin demandent juste quelque chose de TYPIQUE! :roftl:

les maures ? je me rappelle plus :doh:

I offered all the dvds to a relative! And the last one also for Xmas!

Did u like the last seasons ? Though they were different, some episodes weren't bad but it's still strange. I'm wondering what will happen then!

C'est vrai que c'est un des meilleurs épisodes. Surtt que y'en a plusieurs! ^^

Mais sinon j'aime bien celui avec les 2 gars "chinois" (je c plus exactement) qui veulent "envahir" Kaamelott mais à la fin demandent juste quelque chose de TYPIQUE! :roftl:

les maures ? je me rappelle plus :doh:

True, I especially like the one where Perceval says the "cotelettes" are tasty and Arthur answers "c'est pas faux" and Perceval asks him if he doesn't know what "cotelettes" means :roftl:

Oh my I think I know them all by heart :naughty:

I don't know about the last seasons... need to watch this one. But Alexandre Astier had warned it would be "darker" :boxed:

Si si les maures, quand Arthur recoit la délégation maure et que Perceval arrete pas de faire des jeux de mots débiles "mord aux dents" etc, et se prend une bonne peche dans la tronche à la fin :naughty:

True, I especially like the one where Perceval says the "cotelettes" are tasty and Arthur answers "c'est pas faux" and Perceval asks him if he doesn't know what "cotelettes" means :roftl:

Oh my I think I know them all by heart :naughty:

I don't know about the last seasons... need to watch this one. But Alexandre Astier had warned it would be "darker" :boxed:

omg! i love that cotelettes part! ^^

I saw the last one as a full episode one night and it IS darker ! actually,someone (im not gonna tell u who) dies at the end! So that's why I'm really wondering what's gonna happen.

Si si les maures, quand Arthur recoit la délégation maure et que Perceval arrete pas de faire des jeux de mots débiles "mord aux dents" etc, et se prend une bonne peche dans la tronche à la fin :naughty:

right! :doh: yeah,it's a good one :naughty:

omg! i love that cotelettes part! ^^

I saw the last one as a full episode one night and it IS darker ! actually,someone (im not gonna tell u who) dies at the end! So that's why I'm really wondering what's gonna happen.

right! :doh: yeah,it's a good one :naughty:

WHAT??

Oh my God what have you done?!

You realize I feel compelled to watch them all tonight now, do you? :boxed:

WHAT??

Oh my God what have you done?!

You realize I feel compelled to watch them all tonight now, do you? :boxed:

oopsie!:naughty: but im really sorry :blush-anim-cl:

But if it can make u feel any better the last season hasn't been released yet...so the one you bought doesn't involve anyone important dying.^^

I'm not gonna tell ya! :naughty:

But it is someone important for the story

Mince! :doh: J'aurais du partir il y aun bon bout de temps moi!

Je te laisse sur ce suspence insoutenable... :naughty:

bonne nuit!:biggrin2:

That's cruel :naughty:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr je vais pas dormir moi lol

80000:blink: ? who? in italy? lol

i think it should be a great experience.. for mika too!:thumb_yello:

mfc'ers are always in the first row:fisch: lol

That was Madonna at the stadio olimpico in Roma!:biggrin2: And of course the MFC will occupy the first row!:bleh:

Luckily queuing time is not proportionate to the size of a venue:hypo: ...queing all day long always gets you to the front row!:naughty:

This is another reason to have seated venues. Then you can breeze in at 9 pm and take your seat without having to endure opening acts. You're also free to come and go and your seat will still be there when you get back.

This is another reason to have seated venues. Then you can breeze in at 9 pm and take your seat without having to endure opening acts. You're also free to come and go and your seat will still be there when you get back.

Yeah but how does this work? Seats that are closer to the front are probably more expensive, right?

True...opening acts can be annoying!:sneaky2: But in seated venues the front row only belongs to people with ****loads of money or crazy people willing to put a mortgage on their house!:bleh:

Yeah but how does this work? Seats that are closer to the front are probably more expensive, right?

The seats are allocated on a first come/first serve basis when they are sold, instead of when you're entering the venue. Seats on the floors are more expensive than seats in the nosebleeds, but front row is the same price as, say, 15th row from the stage and the differences in seat prices throughout the arena are fairly nominal. Like front row would be $80 and 30 rows back in the stands would be $50.

Mika's management should begin offering presales so that fans will be allocated the best seats. I intend to be pushing for that if they don't do it automatically. It would be nice if MFC becomes official because we'll have some more clout to make it happen.

There are usually general presales available too if you're on top of things so you'll get a chance to grab better seats before the general public who are usually only aware of the official on-sale date.

In recent years big acts have been offering auctions and special premium packages that are extremely expensive, but it doesn't preclude fans from buying good seats at normal prices.

The seats are allocated on a first come/first serve basis when they are sold, instead of when you're entering the venue. Seats on the floors are more expensive than seats in the nosebleeds, but front row is the same price as, say, 15th row from the stage and the differences in seat prices throughout the arena are fairly nominal. Like front row would be $80 and 30 rows back in the stands would be $50.

Mika's management should begin offering presales so that fans will be allocated the best seats. I intend to be pushing for that if they don't do it automatically. It would be nice if MFC becomes official because we'll have some more clout to make it happen.

There are usually general presales available too if you're on top of things so you'll get a chance to grab better seats before the general public who are usually only aware of the official on-sale date.

In recent years big acts have been offering auctions and special premium packages that are extremely expensive, but it doesn't preclude fans from buying good seats at normal prices.

Honnestly, call it a cultural barrier or whatever, but I would never go to a seating concert :shocked: And I think that kind of setup would scare most europeans off. How can you move, dance, feel free in an arena filled with seats? Running to get front is part of the game and prevents abuses like huge price differences. You might think a 30$ difference doesn't matter but it does for some. I actually kinda like the endless queuing and the meeting with other people before the gig. Arriving at 9PM to get your seat would spoil the fun a bit for me.

On the other hand I ain't ready to queue for 2 days either... ;)

But in seated venues the front row only belongs to people with ****loads of money or crazy people willing to put a mortgage on their house!:bleh:

I've been in the front row several times and I didn't have to mortgage my house. :naughty:

When I was a teenager I refused to go to a concert if I wasn't in the first 10 rows and I always managed it financially. Things were better in those days because security allowed fans to rush the stage so you could sprint for the front row even if you had 8th row tickets.

You can't do that now, but because the audience is more under control, they also don't get in your way and you'll get a perfect view from a few rows back because there aren't hundreds of people in front of you.

I was disappointed when I only got 13th row to see U2, but I ended up right next to the catwalk and Bono spent the entire concert singing 2 feet away from me. The people in the front row had to turn around in order to see him. Even the band came out onto the catwalk a few times.

These things have a way of working themselves out and if you're determined enough you can make it happen. Of course it's nice to show up at a club at 5 pm and be guaranteed front row to see Mika. But queuing up for 12 hours, especially in the Canadian winter, is really not worth it IMO. Time is money and spending an entire day in the queue is just as costly for me as purchasing tickets from scalpers.

I don't think that a fanclub like MFC which offers free access to everyone would offer a presale. Presales normally have limited access and the selection is made by money!:thumbdown:

How can you move, dance, feel free in an arena filled with seats? Running to get front is part of the game and prevents abuses like huge price differences. You might think a 30$ difference doesn't matter but it does for some. I actually kinda like the endless queuing and the meeting with other people before the gig. Arriving at 9PM to get your seat would spoil the fun a bit for me.

+1:wink2:

On the other hand I ain't ready to queue for 2 days either... ;)

Exactly. That's what we're talking about here.

We all want Mika to continue to play small enough venues that we can queue up at 5 pm and make a dash for the front row. But those days have come to an end in most cities.

Seated venues are not ideal, but I can't believe anyone thinks it's worthwhile to queue up all night and into the next day and evening for a one-hour show. I'm not even sure I could enjoy the show at that point I'd be so exhausted and miserable.

In a Canadian winter, queuing up for 12+ hours is out of the question.

In regards to moving freely and dancing...there is far more room in a seated venue than when you are trapped in a crowd. Everyone is allocated their own space so they can do whatever they want instead of being crushed and body slammed. The seats on the floor are just small plastic chairs that are moved in temporarily for the show. They're not permanent seats like a theatre.

But queuing up for 12 hours, especially in the Canadian winter, is really not worth it IMO. Time is money and spending an entire day in the queue is just as costly for me as purchasing tickets from scalpers.

Good point, I wouldn't want to deal with the Canadian winter!:naughty: Luckily this concert is in July!:biggrin2: