Virgin show - Parc des Princes - Paris http://www.virginradio.fr/ at 10:30 pm Fr

Pamette

Exactly. That's what we're talking about here.

We all want Mika to continue to play small enough venues that we can queue up at 5 pm and make a dash for the front row. But those days have come to an end in most cities.

I would wait concrete evidence before assuming this. I really doubt Mika would fill an arena here in Belgium, for instance, for this would mean that all people who bought LICM should go to the gig. Unrealistic. I also doubt he'll fill the PdP on his own in France. I might be wrong but this "premieres parties" things really sounds fishy. Let's wait and see.

In regards to moving freely and dancing...there is far more room in a seated venue than when you are trapped in a crowd. Everyone is allocated their own space so they can do whatever they want instead of being crushed and body slammed. The seats on the floor are just small plastic chairs that are moved in temporarily for the show. They're not permanent seats like a theatre.

Forbidden here I think. Chair fights you know. We aren't as civilized as canadians :biggrin2:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think that a fanclub like MFC which offers free access to everyone would offer a presale. Presales normally have limited access and the selection is made by money!:thumbdown:

+1:wink2:

Not in Canada. I just bought my tickets to Mika's Toronto show via a free presale. I was able to buy the first 4 tickets that went on sale and Suzy bought the 5th a couple of seconds later.

All of these problems in Europe are down to the bad seating arrangements and endless ticketing hassles I witnessed while I was over there. There is no rational reason why Mika playing large venues has to be anywhere near the problem that it seems to be in Europe.

I would wait concrete evidence before assuming this. I really doubt Mika would fill an arena here in Belgium, for instance, for this would mean that all people who bought LICM should go to the gig. Unrealistic.

I wasn't referring to filling an arena. I was talking about getting to the queue at 5 pm and ending up in the first row. Suzy and Kata got to Hammersmith at 9 am and they still weren't first in line. Throughout his UK tour the queue was starting earlier and earlier.

People in NYC are talking about getting there in the morning even though you can expect subzero temps in NY in February. I expect to have to freeze my ass of in Toronto as well even though the show is not even sold out yet.

Maybe it seems normal to Europeans because they haven't experienced anything else, but to me standing around outside in -10C weather for hours on end, rushing inside with nowhere to put my winter gear and standing and holding my bladder for another 2 or 3 hours - when I could be arriving at 9 pm, checking my coat, using the toilet, grabbing a drink and taking my seat - is insane.

Maybe it seems normal to Europeans because they haven't experienced anything else, but to me standing around outside in -10C weather for hours on end, rushing inside with nowhere to put my winter gear and standing and holding my bladder for another 2 or 3 hours - when I could be arriving at 9 pm, checking my coat, using the toilet, grabbing a drink and taking my seat - is insane.

I don't know... I've never really thought it was important to be front row before Mika so i never bothered. Which didn't prevent me from being catwalk just like you for a U2 gig. But I was 13 and people had pity so it was easier to fight my way to the front back then ;)

And yeah I was shocked when i saw people in tents under the pouring rain in front of the Brussels venue :naughty:

The MFC is always first in the queue anyway. If there was a little more solidarity among us I think it would fix the whole problem. But again, i suppose it's another debate.

The MFC is always first in the queue anyway. If there was a little more solidarity among us I think it would fix the whole problem. But again, i suppose it's another debate.

I know what you mean but that would have been extremely difficult to negotiate in London. There were 50-60+ MFC members at the gigs. You can all decide to arrive at 5 pm, but then who is 1st and who is 60th in the queue?

I really don't know what's going to happen in Toronto because there are only 3 or 4 regular MFCers in Toronto (with a handful coming from Montreal later in the day). But I don't think that means Mika doesn't have a group of hardcore fans in Toronto who will be vying for the front row. There were people queuing up early back in March and I expect there will be more now.

I know what you mean but that would have been extremely difficult to negotiate in London. There were 50-60+ MFC members at the gigs. You can all decide to arrive at 5 pm, but then who is 1st and who is 60th in the queue?

I really don't know what's going to happen in Toronto because there are only 3 or 4 regular MFCers in Toronto (with a handful coming from Montreal later in the day). But I don't think that means Mika doesn't have a group of hardcore fans in Toronto who will be vying for the front row. There were people queuing up early back in March and I expect there will be more now.

I don't know what happened in London, wasn't there. But I heard (and later witnessed) what happened in Brussels, with some MFCers being pushy etc. I don't mean the whole MFC has to arrive at the same hour. Some are always more motivated than others, and that's their right. But at least make sure you stay at your position in the queue and not push. I mean, we're supposed to be a group. Things were perfect in Germany, we can be respectful when we try ;)

Oh well... we'll see anyway. I wanna know more details about this Paris gig before deciding what to do.

I don't know what happened in London, wasn't there. But I heard (and later witnessed) what happened in Brussels, with some MFCers being pushy etc. I don't mean the whole MFC has to arrive at the same hour. Some are always more motivated than others, and that's their right. But at least make sure you stay at your position in the queue and not push. I mean, we're supposed to be a group. Things were perfect in Germany, we can be respectful when we try ;)

There was a bit of queue-jumping drama at Brixton and Suzy and I somehow went from about 30th place to 50th by the time the doors opened. But since we spent half the afternoon waiting for Mika at the artist's entrance we were lucky we didn't end up at the end of the queue anyway.

Hammersmith was no problem. The barriers were more restrictive so people weren't able to inconspicuously slip in where they didn't belong. And someone at the Apollo asked Suzy to number people's hands as they arrived so that it was clear where everyone's place was, leaving them free to come and go during the day without any hassles.

But the majority of hardcore fans are extremely motivated to get to the front and that's why the queues are getting earlier and earlier. It's not a vicious competition, it's just the reality of the situation. You wonder why do I want to stand in the queue for 2 hours and not get front row? So you come an hour earlier. Then you wonder why do I want to stand in the queue for 3 hours and not get front row? So you come an hour earlier. Before you know it, it's 9 am and there are still people ahead of you in the queue.

Jeez! That so big!!! I don't think I'd want to go after being spoiled in small venues...I don't think he'll get that big here but you never know...

I'm guess there's no chance for people who want to meet him after the concert. I wouldn't know about arena concerts though

We all want Mika to continue to play small enough venues that we can queue up at 5 pm and make a dash for the front row. But those days have come to an end in most cities.

5pm? Had we lined up then we would have missed Mika...

Though, ask deconstruction about early line ups... *cough*Mr8:30am*cough*

I think he needs to come and visit those of us who have so far missed out on concerts ie, Australia, New Zealand and all of Asia... :thumb_yello:

It´s different depending of the band...:bleh:

I´m not surprised! :bleh:

it's true that the prize depend of the band Recently I've seen an other fantastic french artist Renan Luce at l'Olympia (no no I don't try to send subliminal message :naughty: ) it cost 10 euros less!!

I give a link of one of his song:ot:

great moment with the audience

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JLHskissNiU :wub2:

I have the impression that i'm quite predictable :blush-anim-cl:

• 2 weeks later...