The Job/Occupation Thread

uhsofamous

Im very bored so I decieded to make this thread

:mf_rosetinted:

Anywhooo the point it really to post were you work and its pretty much just for fun!

OK , so I guess its my turn:

I work at.................

TIM HORTONS

if some people dont know it,

its pretty much the most popular coffee/resturant place in Canada...

I kinda enjoy it, just not getting up at 6am on Saturday.

:boxed:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I recently got a promotion at my job, which I have yet to begin. I work at a before/after school program, so I work at 6:45am-8:30am and 3:15pm-6:00pm five times throughout the week. I have gone from being a site assistant to a part-time site facilitator. Basically, this means that I am in charge of the kids with another facilitator and I am also in charge of the staff. I'm also a full-time student, seeking my degree in elementary education.

I start January 21st. :)

Well, I recently got a promotion at my job, which I have yet to begin. I work at a before/after school program, so I work at 6:45am-8:30am and 3:15pm-6:00pm five times throughout the week. I have gone from being a site assistant to a part-time site facilitator. Basically, this means that I am in charge of the kids with another facilitator and I am also in charge of the staff. I'm also a full-time student, seeking my degree in elementary education.

I start January 21st. :)

Wow, thats sounds great!

I probaly wouldnt have the patience to teach elementry kids, or any for that matter!

:bleh:

I work at.................

TIM HORTONS

Which Timmy's do you work at?

I work as a communications coordinator for an investor relations/corporate communication/design firm.

We work in teams of two; my colleague and I oversee an every-changing portfolio of companies whose shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Right now, I'm personally working with four companies, with a fifth signing on in the new year.

Basically, my job is to create and maintain materials for these companies like corporate fact sheets, powerpoint presentations, news releases, websites, annual reports - etc.

I get paid to write, essentially, even if my writing is along the lines of "in the third quarter of 2007, Joe Schmo Energy Ltd. increased its revenue by 200% over Q3 2006. A successful drilling program led to production increases of 445 boe/d, for a total Q3 average production of 34,098 boe/d".

Our company president is just in his early thirties, and we're quite a young office - out of 20 ish people, we have two in their forties - the rest of us are young whippersnappers. The senior VP threw a paper airplane at me today, actually. :wink2:

Weell, I'm in my early teens and I'm a singer/songwriter hoping to get into musical theater (acting/writing/singing) and I have an audition on Feb 2nd for the best theater in Pram (the microscopic town I live in) and so that's more of a "hopefully" thing.

But before that, I hope to maybe get a job at Subway...

Anybody want to write me a reference??? :P

TIM HORTENS ROCKS! :punk: :punk:

I don't have a job, but I really want to be an actor:bleh:

Hah, yeah right. I figure if I work hard enough I'll end up on the cover of an OK! or People magazine:naughty:

Yeah! You go girl!

Lets hear it for the aspiring actors and actresses :P

Except that I would rather be on the cover of Marie-Claire, Rolling stone, Out or Vogue :D

TIM HORTENS ROCKS! :punk: :punk:

I don't have a job, but I really want to be an actor:bleh:

Hah, yeah right. I figure if I work hard enough I'll end up on the cover of an OK! or People magazine:naughty:

timmiessssss

I want TIMBITS NOW!

I work at a pharmacy to support my career as a musician.

I have a pharmacy degree but ideally want to get my own CD out (which is a very long and hard trek ) but I don't care what anyone says , I am keeping genuine! I am a scientist and artist and its hard being both...but you see i love to do everything! I want to complete my music degree or write for film . I find North America not friendly to my type of music..seems Europe is the way to go . But we will see. I have only done one concert of my own music where it was more than 200 people. need to see what happens next. Not sure if my email to Perez is going to go anywhere .

I'm a student so I don't have a fulltime job...

I work at a notary office as a receptionist. It also involves taking care of all the legal papers and filing them and whatnot. I like it.

I do work experience 2 days a week at a psychiatric facility where I work with drug addicts and alcoholics who also have a psychiatric disorded.

I love it.

Well, my official title is Franchise Consultant and I work for a large coffee shop chain in Australia. Basically I help out the franchisees with everything to do with their business- marketing, financials, staff recruitment, operations, and making sure they are not doing anything naughty! We have about 190 stores around Australia (and quite a few in New Zealand) and I look after Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory (so almost half the country, although there are only about 20 stores in those 3 regions).

I have always worked in hospitality and love it! The biggest perk at the moment is the regular travel to the other states and staying in nice hotels, eating out etc, but it is a nightmare trying to get someone to look after my two little kids whilst I am away!

Owh ... I don't have a job. Closest I had to a job was "temping" for 5 days before Christmas, pushing towels into a folding machine - fun!

Just finished first year of uni though, trying to get into the vet course ... I find out if I did/didn't in mid-Januray ... eeek.

Hooray for Youth Allowance :original:

I work at a funky, little (well... kinda big) cafe in South Kensington at the Science Museum.

Cafe%20wide%201.jpg

It's only a weekend/part-time thing to get some extra money. The works pretty tedious but the people are all soooo nice so we make it fun.

Plus, free food and drink whenever you want!! (and because I'm a poor student, they let me take a few packets of sandwiches home so I don't have to buy food :naughty:)

And because it's at the Science Museum, I get unlimited, free I-max cinema tickets and 20% discount at certain bookshops :D

(It's all about the free stuff :naughty:)

Don't have a fulltime job since I'm at school. But 12 January I'm going to start at my parttime job as Assistant-Salesperson something:naughty: At the Wibra, Dutchies know what that is:biggrin2:

And when I'm done with school, I want to go to The Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London.:wub2: I also write songs, but I can't do the music to them so that means I can do nothing with them. So, I want to be an actress and also write plays/film scripts/lyrics. Quite a bust life I want to lead:roftl:

i am a registered nurse - i work on the womens services amd breast cancer care ward

i also worl part time in a pun called the manx arms

i start my new nursing job in feb in accident and emergency or better know to the americans as ER:thumb_yello:

I was a cashier/slave at a grocery store called 'Weis Markets'. It's a fairly big chain in Pennsylvania, and they have stores all over the east coast. My job ended with me saying I was going to torch the place, and my boss quitting shortly after me.

Then I was supposed to work at an art's center afternoons and weekends, but they cheated me out of pay, so I told them to forget it.

I'm gonna apply for a waitressing job this month, though.

I work at government as a underpaid plus non-pension and sooner-get-fired contract staff

As we only have 3 ppl working, mostly of the time i spend on listening to the radio, chat on the phone, eating, internet

but basically my main work is staring at the stock market fr the morning to afternoon to buy/sell share ! (in a secret way!:cool: ) Being an independent woman, i nd to learn how to invest for sake of my future!

and spending here for sure :biggrin2:

yeah, we are the parasites on earth, but they are the heads, i just follow them

i never ever seen ppl can be more lazy than them :sneaky2:

in the past, i would try to be a hardworking worker, but later, i know it doesnt worth, and they won't appreciate, it's frustrating

so i will leave there very soon

but i still have my parttime job! Im working as a usher at art center!

Aparting from leading ppl to their seat, actually im no difference as a security guard!

and it's really a challenge to me! i nd to take initiative to every part of job

like, when someone passing me, according to my working guide, i nd to ask them if there is anything i can help, it's sooooooooo not like me :mf_rosetinted:

and my coworkers are the most scary ppl in the world, coz they are super talkative :shocked: , ALL of them

even though we just know each other, they can talk to me for a couple of hrs as a fd does! u know, i can be the person who dun speak in a day........

the bright side is i can watch drama, musical and concert for free,

like Nutcracker, Le Petit Prince, Othello ...... :punk:

but chinese opera and orchestra really bore me to hell.....it's so so so so boring............yawn

but basically i love this job :wink2:

I work at a pharmacy to support my career as a musician.

I have a pharmacy degree but ideally want to get my own CD out (which is a very long and hard trek ) but I don't care what anyone says , I am keeping genuine! I am a scientist and artist and its hard being both...but you see i love to do everything! I want to complete my music degree or write for film . I find North America not friendly to my type of music..seems Europe is the way to go . But we will see. I have only done one concert of my own music where it was more than 200 people. need to see what happens next. Not sure if my email to Perez is going to go anywhere .

cool ! What kind of music do you like to listen, and what kind do u like to compose? I love to sing :biggrin2: .

I'm a college student, so I don't have a full-time job. But I do work as a teacher's assistant in the human anatomy lab at my school. Basically, I go to the lab once or twice a week and help teach the other students about anatomy. And we work with cadavers. It might sound gross, but it really is cool.

And it's not a paying job, but I'm an athletic training student, so I have to get a certain number of hours each semester working with the sports teams at my school. We're assigned different teams each year, and we have to go to treatments and practices, as well as games and help out the athletic trainers. This fall I worked with the men's basketball team. They're all tall and cute...it was fun. ;)

I love how you're allowed to eat them while working :thumb_yello::naughty:

Well we can here..

Yeah, when im working i just stuff like 50 timbits in my mouth..

and then i drink like 40 cups of coffee.

:naughty:

I work at a funky, little (well... kinda big) cafe in South Kensington at the Science Museum.

Cafe%20wide%201.jpg

Wow!

That cafe is awesomeee

i wanna go there..

and then you can give me a 100% discount

hehehe