Mika's Lollipop - stolen melody from De Nattergale?

Savage Beauty

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*pick a comment from utube*

The melody is stolen from an Asian Song. You can check it out by hiring Jackie Chans Wu fu xing (Winners & Sinners) it os teh song played in the closing credits. Mika has a lot of audacity thinking he can get away with it

icon_rolleyes.gif

God, people don't think at all do they?? They should try writing a song, publishing it and then see how many people claim it's been stolen!! No matter what you do, something somewhat like that has been done sometime somewhere before!

btw..take a look at this,http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11682 one reviewer pratically declared that licim isn't original at all :thumbdown:

better singing covers then:cool:

Mehh I couldn't even read that whole review, I'm having a good day and I didn't want to ruin my mood :thumbdown:

I saw that vid before!

Yeah and if you sped up the Winnie the Pooh themesong it sounds like Grace Kelly or something?:roftl:

They are the same speed. So what? I know a lot songs that are the same speed. The melody doesn't sound the same! It doesn't sound anything like eachother! Puh-leeeeeaze hey.*rolls eyes*

But I must admit that mash-up sounds pretty cool!:naughty:

I saw that vid before!

Yeah and if you sped up the Winnie the Pooh themesong it sounds like Grace Kelly or something?:roftl:

They are the same speed. So what? I know a lot songs that are the same speed. The melody doesn't sound the same! It doesn't sound anything like eachother! Puh-leeeeeaze hey.*rolls eyes*

But I must admit that mash-up sounds pretty cool!:naughty:

I actually wrote that as pasrt of my comment on the page :biggrin2:

There are just soooo many songs in the world..there is no way every single on can be completley different.We could say the same for Billy Joels song For the Longest Time http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pu9NG1zD5Kg&feature=related . Fact is, each song still sounds completely different!

It's the same with everything!!

These people need a life. I've just wasted almost 2 minutes of my life listening to that.

My dad constantly sings 'Take It Easy...' the 'Died in your arms tonight...' then goes on about how mika stole it, simply because he dislikes Mika. I've tried to explain but he makes a lecture out of it, which, in my opinion is what these people are doing; making a mountain out of a molehill because they dislike mika.

What's that? Is that a joke?

dont people have anything else to do???? :doh:

I actually worry about the lollipop metaphore itself :biggrin2:

I think i can remember a French song on that theme :naughty:

Oh but well Mika admitted he was a Gainsbourg fan so he can get away with it I guess? ;)

P.S. Yeah stone me, bite me, but still, "les sucettes" is not Mika's invention :cool:

These are so silly.I would like to talk to them once...

There are such things about every artist...but do they know it's quiet impossible to steal a song?I guess they don't....recording and publishing companies always take care of that...

And yeah..some songs might sound similar...coz maybe the person who worked with 'Dunnowho' , once listenned to a song by 'Anotherdunnowho', and remembered a few sounds, effects...or you know ..there are these computer sounds, that are added to songs....they are the same everywhere...so you can't avoid it.

Ehh..well....they think they are clever.Let's just ignore them. :)

*pick a comment from utube*

The melody is stolen from an Asian Song. You can check it out by hiring Jackie Chans Wu fu xing (Winners & Sinners) it os teh song played in the closing credits. Mika has a lot of audacity thinking he can get away with it

icon_rolleyes.gif

i admit when i first hear the song, it does recall me of some familiar melody but i can't tell which song

Winners & Sinners is a 1983 movie

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=IHNKTAWSaM0

u can hear the song from 1:00

i maybe watch before as tv station sometimes rerun old movie on tv in the chinese new year

but i dun think mika ever watch it

it's nonsense to say ppl STEAL others when they have some similarity :doh:

it's just coincidence