From Big Girl to Lollipop Girl, Mika's Fat Club

jemmalee

ive lost 2 pounds last week! i am almost at my goal weight!

a little over the past year i have lost a little over 60 pounds. im so proud of myself. good luck to everyone else!

Oh wow that is really awesome!! :punk: CONGRATS!!! :yay:

I've been doing pretty bad. Some days are ok but most complete crap. Foodwise it's been alright overall (not good though!). But I really need to get my ass off the couch. :mf_rosetinted: Feeling a lack of motivation :boxed: Don't understand why since I really badly want this! ARGH!

How do people maintain their motivation? I would really appreciate some tips!

Btw I got my Mika magnet!! Was I the only one who had a fit of laughter when I saw it!?! Tis bloody brilliant!! :roftl::biggrin2:

Thanks sooo much Shari!!! :huglove:

I hope you all are doing better than me!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i let the team down

i put on 2 pounds this week so....................

negatives

1. i put on two pounds

postitives

1. i knew i had done bad but still got out of bed to get weighed

2. i still have lost 12 pounds so far

3. it makes me more determine to get that two pounds off for next week

4. i am still going swimming tonight as i have a new costume to wear

5.i am still on a mission

6. i am having to exchange my leaving do outft for a smaller size as its too big for me :blush-anim-cl:

so the postives outweigh the negatives and i feel is the only way to think !!!

i will be a slinky gal at brixton !!!!!!

fat club vibes sent to you all OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:naughty:

No loss for me. :( But, today I had two people tell me how much smaller my waist is getting... so I think it's a case of I'm losing inches, not weight. I guess I can cope with that. It's just disheartening when the scales don't change!!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

How do people maintain their motivation? I would really appreciate some tips!

Hi Humphrey!

I've been keeping an eye on this thread because I am so proud of you all, and because I have had my own battles with weight!

Things to try -

Get busy - busy people have less time to think about temptation. Make it a happy busy, so it doesn't stress you, and so its more fun to be busy than to eat. I get creative, and start a new project, but planning an activity/outing/party might work. Try learnig a new skill, getting a new hobby, volunteering to help someone, anything!

Poison couch games- make couch time a luxury, not a habit. If you plan to only sit for a few minutes, but find it tends to stretch into hours, don't sit on the couch! Sit on a less comfortable chair, set a timer (out of reach!) and do something with a built in time limit, like reading a magazine instead of a book, watching a short show you don't llike that much, with the remote out of reach! When you get to your feet out of irritation with remotes and alarms, you cannot sit down again until your next break!

Take on the things you have been delaying and avoiding. Make them fun. Ask yourself - how can I do X and make it fun. For me that usually means music. My house gets cleaned to music, and I dance around like a loon, and have a fantastic time. My garden gets weeded to music. If for you it means chatting, then invite friends over for a housecleaning party, and move between everyone's houses. (OR rooms, if you are that lucky and don't have to clean the whole house!)

Make phone calls busy - my freinds are resigned to the weird sounds they always hear while on the phone to me. I clean out cupboards, wipe down walls and doors, and do all the stuff that I just can't be bothered doing any other time. If I am on the phone, I have to either be cleaning, tidying or pacing up and down my hall. Phones and chairs do not mix!

Get active - when you have thought of it - do it! If you think of it, and you can, then you MUST!

An experiment made a thin person sit still, and they became fat. They made a fat person move and they became thin. They let them loose, and they reverted again.

You are a thin person trapped in a meaty body. Don't let it slow you down - thin people move!

The way to make a change stick, is decide what sort of a person is like that, and if you want it, then be like that too! If you are a fat person on a diet, it wears off. If you are a healthy person eating well - it will last a lifetime!

i have a few forom marks and spencers and some from avon too whichi love !! it's buying strapless ones fopr the summer when it gets expensive !!!

will set off to steveange fr4om work tomorrow at 9pmtp go swimming xxx:wink2:

Just popped in and thought you might like to know that M&S do multiway bras for £8. They're cotton and come in black, white and nude. The straps can be either normal, halterneck, across one side or removed completely.... I bought 2 at the weekend :thumb_yello:

I found a REALLY comfy bra in one of my catalogues. Some days you just want to do without wires and have a really comfy cotton bra. This one is by Vanity Fair and is between £14.00 - £18.00. Sizes from 34b up to 44f. Available in black or white. (anyone would think I'm on commission!)

http://fashionworlduk.drct2u.com/productcache/FW/BO6001/CH668DK.html.gz

I just wanted to say that this thread really, honestly warms my heart. I'm a big girl in many ways too, and as much as I love myself the way I am, sometimes life just isn't built for my big personality and self. I really should get myself together but the stress of being a senior in college is sometimes (who am I kidding...) usually, too much for me. Usually being in school means that my health goes downhill, including my weight, and as much as I know that it's important to keep myself healthy (I'm on the medical track hah) and going, I am constantly held down by the pressure and anxiety of finishing up school and getting myself to med school, and a job... and eventually happiness in whatever form it takes. Maybe I can do this too, but for now I just wanted to congratulate everyone who has taken the first step and initiative to be here and getting into the right lifestyle because that's a lot to say, especially for me in my situation. Bravo ladies.

LOL @ Emmylou...Land End indeed! You are funny. Get doing your "I must, I must improve my bust" exercises too! You soon won't have any time to fit work in what with Mika-lfe keeping you busy :)

Welcome chinkalicious1, join in and feel the support (no pun intended).

I've never owned an underwire bra, I did once have a bra with 'bone' support on one section of the side of the bra, but within 2 washes that was bent and poking out grr.

Now I have what I call a 'Sheepdog bra', it Rounds them up and points them in the right direction!!

This one

It's embarrassing actually, I've never been so uplifted and pointy! My friend in work was rather shocked when I walked in work the day it arrived, she was afraid I'd "have her eye out" haha! :D

i have not got weighed today !! could not face it but i am stocked up now on healthy meals and water !!!!!!!!!

never felt so sluggish !!

plus i got a new bra for a fiver from tesco !!!! so good day !! right off to palldium xxxx

Hi Emmy, not doing well at all me. But I remain cheerful when I'm not in pain with my arthritis.

Glad to hear you got those boobies under control with your bargain bra from Tesco!!!

How were Palladium? Where was it you saw them?