From Big Girl to Lollipop Girl, Mika's Fat Club

jemmalee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha your def not my doctor, he said:

'I dont mean to be blunt about it, but you know, there is alot of you....So! Weigh yourself, take 2lbs off. Eat no more than 1200 calories a day, and if when you weigh yourself after youve been to the toilet in the morning, and you weigh more than the weight with 2lbs off, don't eat that day.'

:shocked:

Your doctor is rubbish!

all that will happen is you'll loose a lot of weight too quickly and your skin won't shrink with you, if that makes sense.

Take note of what you eat in a normal day; when you next go shopping, opt for food with lower calorie content, and you cans still eat normally, but less calories.

If you dont want to do that, work out how many calories you eat in the average day, say its like 2000 calories, the recommended amount, reduce that amount SLOWLY, so week one, go for 1800cals, week 2 1600, week 3 1400, and so on, its much easier to loose weight if you go through it slowly, where as if you jump straight to 1000cals, your more likely to binge out and fail.

Not eating at a day is really bad. BAD you hear me? You (listen to mummy...:wink2: ) should eat three meals a day. Good healthy breakfast, lunch (a little less on calories then breakfast) and dinner (again less calories then lunch.)

Mummy is wrong, you should eat breakfast plus lots of small snacks through the day instead of 2-3 big meals, and drink lost of aspartame free water...

Or:

Eat barely anything during the day except drink lots of fizzy drinks, have tea in some comfort food style (e.g. tonight was cous cous mixed with left over turkey in gravy and a couple of swedish meatballs) and then get bored at 3am and go snack on lots of bad things whilst watching tv - not that i do that ofcourse.

:shocked:

Your doctor is rubbish!

all that will happen is you'll loose a lot of weight too quickly and your skin won't shrink with you, if that makes sense.

Take note of what you eat in a normal day; when you next go shopping, opt for food with lower calorie content, and you cans still eat normally, but less calories.

If you dont want to do that, work out how many calories you eat in the average day, say its like 2000 calories, the recommended amount, reduce that amount SLOWLY, so week one, go for 1800cals, week 2 1600, week 3 1400, and so on, its much easier to loose weight if you go through it slowly, where as if you jump straight to 1000cals, your more likely to binge out and fail.

Not eating at a day is really bad. BAD you hear me? You (listen to mummy...:wink2: ) should eat three meals a day. Good healthy breakfast, lunch (a little less on calories then breakfast) and dinner (again less calories then lunch.)

We should be allowed doctorates by default

Mummy is wrong, you should eat breakfast plus lots of small snacks through the day instead of 2-3 big meals, and drink lost of aspartame free water...

Or:

Eat barely anything during the day except drink lots of fizzy drinks, have tea in some comfort food style (e.g. tonight was cous cous mixed with left over turkey in gravy and a couple of swedish meatballs) and then get bored at 3am and go snack on lots of bad things whilst watching tv - not that i do that ofcourse.

Mmmm, sounds like a yummie diet:naughty:

thats called binge eating disorder =]

Ergh! Dont!

Last night...i was bad last night. Babs could probably vouch for my being in an 'interesting' mood, i ended up going off and distracting myself by sittting and watching tv and movies (history boys and stepmom) till 5am, eating:

6 satsumas

1/2 chocolate orange

4 packets of crisps

2x 3rds of a bottle of baileys (well, the cheap version)

1 lindt chocolate santa

1 tube of milky way buttons

2 slices of toast

1ltr of diet coke

2 lollipops

How bad is that!

thats called binge eating disorder =]

Would never have guessed :D

GOAL: NOT TO LOOSE MORE THAN 1 TO 2 POUNDS PER WEEK!!!!! (0.5 to 1 kilo)
Yep, I've had that drummed into me since the start.

But-my problem is-since April, I haven't even lost a pound! Or the very rare occasions I have-I put it on the following week! I'm all out of ideas now what works, I've varied my diet so many times-everything that did work-now doesn't seem to! My main problem is skipping meals. I don't have breakfast-I can't stomach it, I am urging if I try and eat anything of a morning. :( And, sometimes I skip lunch, just because of where I work-if I forget or don't have time to make myself something to take to work, I end up not having anything because the canteen where I work is not geared for dieters!

My first week on Slimming World, I lost 10 and a half lb!

I've stopped going now, because of the lack of support from the class leader. :(

This is it-from today-Monday, I am back on my diet properly.... if only I can think what to eat!:blink:

'I dont mean to be blunt about it, but you know, there is alot of you....So! Weigh yourself, take 2lbs off. Eat no more than 1200 calories a day, and if when you weigh yourself after youve been to the toilet in the morning, and you weigh more than the weight with 2lbs off, don't eat that day.'

If my doctor said that I'd seriously question it! If you don't eat, you put on weight... or that is how it works with me-been there done that!

I lived off of salad for 2 weeks-first week I lost 3 and a half pound, so thought-this is great, more of this please-week after I put on 2 and a half pounds!!:thumbdown:

Yep, I've had that drummed into me since the start.

But-my problem is-since April, I haven't even lost a pound! Or the very rare occasions I have-I put it on the following week! I'm all out of ideas now what works, I've varied my diet so many times-everything that did work-now doesn't seem to! My main problem is skipping meals. I don't have breakfast-I can't stomach it, I am urging if I try and eat anything of a morning. :( And, sometimes I skip lunch, just because of where I work-if I forget or don't have time to make myself something to take to work, I end up not having anything because the canteen where I work is not geared for dieters!

My first week on Slimming World, I lost 10 and a half lb!

I've stopped going now, because of the lack of support from the class leader. :(

This is it-from today-Monday, I am back on my diet properly.... if only I can think what to eat!:blink:

Surely thats impossible.

If my doctor said that I'd seriously question it! If you don't eat, you put on weight... or that is how it works with me-been there done that!

I lived off of salad for 2 weeks-first week I lost 3 and a half pound, so thought-this is great, more of this please-week after I put on 2 and a half pounds!!:thumbdown:

Thats because your body goes into starvation mode, storing any form of fat that enters the body.

Surely thats impossible.

Nope...not when I weigh as much as I did... it was quite common, my friend who came the same time as me lost 9lb and his mum lost 10lb.

This is my weight loss progress from the start.

NO I am not ashamed to show this-because I don't weigh that anymore-and I am proud of the loss...!

Progress

First weeks weigh in, half stone certificate!

You can see I lost 6 and a half pound another week. :)

By experience: never listen to doctors about nutrition! Eating less than 1200 calories per day is dangerous for your health! You'll loose fast but will gain more if you stop doing this diet :thumbdown: