From Big Girl to Lollipop Girl, Mika's Fat Club

jemmalee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally in, I understand what you mean with people saying you should be proud and that size don't matter and stuff like that. But idd, if you haven't experienced it...

Weirdly enough it actually was the song big girl that made me decide to try and loose weight again. Yeah, weird I know, I don't know why... Maybe cause I realized, that I WASN'T one of those big girls that could be happy with her weight. I feel trapped in a body that's not mine. So the song made me realize how much it bothers me.

I started going to a dietist this year, and we get on very well. So far I lost 7 kilograms in 6 months (apparently 15.4 lbs, 1 and a bit stone...). It could go a lot faster, I know that, but I had some stressy times and I know my stress limit. And those aren't times to be picky on food :fisch:

I'm glad how it's going, it's not too strict and stuff so... I'm hoping it to go well this time. I want to loose at least another 20 kg... I know, that's a whole lot... But I dunno, I just have to succeed now!

People are bullying targets for a lot of reasons...I've always suffered for being tall and superskinny, everybody calling me giraffe and Olive Oyl (Popey's girlfriend) at school, I used to wear only baggy pants (never skirts) 'cause I was too ashamed of my legs, I was ashamed of having no boobs at all...Just two years from now I started to accept myself the way I am, and trying not to give importance to what people say.

It may sound tacky, but I'd like to say that no matter why you are suffering bullying...being too fat, too skinny, too tall, too short...just look inside and find what truly matters, your values, your beliefs.

It's a good start to improve your well being, then consequently getting the strength to become whatever you dream of.

ps- I always think that Mika may have suffered at school for being too tall and too skinny and now he is this repected artist, so it keeps me going :wub2:

Thanks for the wise words Sariflor!:biggrin2:

I think we all need a bit of help and i think it's nice to know that we are not on our own.

Fat fighters- let me know if you want me to put you on the list:thumb_yello:

Add me Jemma, my diet starts on the 17th Jan (the day after my birthday! :naughty: ) I lost 4 stone a couple of years back and I have put it all back on again :( But this year I am going to lose it and keep it off!

Add me Jemma, my diet starts on the 17th Jan (the day after my birthday! :naughty: ) I lost 4 stone a couple of years back and I have put it all back on again :( But this year I am going to lose it and keep it off!

Good for you hun!

When I started going out with my ex 8 years ago I was a size 12/14 (ok not very small) but i have put on a stone for every year we went out LOL I'm going to loose it!:biggrin2:

Good for you hun!

When I started going out with my ex 8 years ago I was a size 12/14 (ok not very small) but i have put on a stone for every year we went out LOL I'm going to loose it!:biggrin2:

It's upsetting what kind of bad influence boyfriends can have on you weight:thumbdown: I gained twenty kilo whilst dating some jerk :sneaky2:

See i dont mine people dancing to it for fun, its just well wobbily bits get shoved in your face in a 'look at me' way when i get a little put off lol

Im all for wobbles, just not in that way,

Okay, we'll dance to it together later on. :wink2:

I can't seem to get my iPod and iTunes to cooperate and let me make a new playlist for exercising so I'm just leaving. That's right. I'm going to the gym today because of this thread. Adios! :cool:

:o I was giving you a compliment idiot!

(eikel)

Well I wish I wasn't big enough to count :fisch: unfortunately that's not the way it is :blink:

I think the people that met me at the gigs can confirm I'm a big, but short lady :roftl:

(trut ;))

I'm going to do the Cambridge. I know some people don't agree with this , but being a foodie is a bit like being an alchoholic, I imagine, but you can give up alcohol altogether, but you have to eat. So if I limit what I have to eat, making no choice available, I think this will work best for me. But we will see...

You can help me with my hair. :shocked:

it depends..I have friends who basically don't drink water:bleh:

untitled.jpg

Well I wish I wasn't big enough to count :fisch: unfortunately that's not the way it is :blink:

I think the people that met me at the gigs can confirm I'm a big, but short lady :roftl:

(trut ;))

See i feel sorry for short people, aside from the fact that everyone has to look up to me by default, being 6ft1 and all, which is bad enough, the whole weight distribution thing is a little unfair.

hi i am in !!! just pm'd u !!!!

i am on weightwatchers so will let u know each monday how i am doing!!!!

my mum is an inspriation !!! she started with me and had lost 5 stone in 4 months !!!! and is from a 24 - 16!!!!!

good luck to you all and its nice to hear that people feel the same with their weight as me !!!

we can do it !!! good luck !!!

It's upsetting what kind of bad influence boyfriends can have on you weight:thumbdown: I gained twenty kilo whilst dating some jerk :sneaky2:

Thats just guys in general though.

Especially the ones locally, boys AND men are rather unfavourable to the larger lady. For example, the following have happend to me:

- When walking past a group of men, hearing:

'Hey fatty bom bom

Do you want to loose some weight?

Then try not ****ing eating mate!'

- When getting the groceries in tescos and passing through the bakery section:

'Hey love! You forgot something' <- They were waving dohnuts

- When getting a hairbrush out for being so windswept i couldnt see:

'No point brushing your hair, you cant make that look any better' *gives a dirty look*

- And even from one of my many doctors:

'I dont mean to be blunt about it, but, you know, there is alot of you'

Men are just shallow whatsits lol - lets all become gay :P

See i feel sorry for short people, aside from the fact that everyone has to look up to me by default, being 6ft1 and all, which is bad enough, the whole weight distribution thing is a little unfair.

Well, the proportions aren't THAATT bad I think... I'm pretty fat everywhere :roftl: except for my boobs :mf_rosetinted: the one advantage I could have had... BUT NOOOOO

*stupid pear figure!!:thumbdown: *