Mika on Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight!

markie

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are fair points.

If that's the case he reshuffled the lyrics for no reason from:

"Ain't got no love, ain't got no name

Ain't got no ticket, ain't got no token"

To:

"Ain't got no love, ain't got no ticket,

Ain't got no name, ain't got no token."

But to be fair he did change other things, such as from:

"I got my brains, I got my ears

I got my eyes, I got my nose

I got my mouth, I got my smile"

To:

"I got my brains, I got my ears

I got my mouth, I got my smile

I got my soul, I got my smile"

i.e. he got rid of 'eyes' and 'nose', moved 'I got my mouth, I got my smile' up, then inserted 'soul' and repeated 'smile'.

He also got rid of:

"I got life

And I'm gonna keep it

I got life

And nobody's gonna take it away"

And substituted a repeat of:

"I got life

I got my freedom"

SO he not only got the lyrics wrong, he mispronounced them too? :naughty:

But to be entirely fair the word doesn't sound like neither "chicken" nor "ticket", it sounds like "chickeeeh" instead. So it really could be either. :blink:

I was just thinking maybe he changed the lyrics around so tat he could say Chicken as it almost rhymes with token whereas in the original order chicken would have sounded odd as chicken and token would have been spoken very close together. So maybe it was a deliberate error to make 'chicken' sound better in the context and so that it rhymed with the next line, what do u think?

xxx

WOW!! thanks a lot to everybody for the vids (Babs, we all love you, what would we do without you?:wub2: ) and the mp3's. Now this is a Mikaist way to start the new year!! Hair has always been one of my favourite rock operas, and I've Got Life my fav song in it, so having Mika singing it has been a blast!

BTW, no doubt, he def. sings CHICKEN!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I almost fell from the chair when I heard it!!! He's our boy!

Oh, and... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!:yay: :yay:

sorry, no offence :blink:

i didnt know that song but i dont see a reason why he shouldnt have changed the word "for us". why didnt he stay with the very original text then?

:naughty: It's not offensive. I just think it's a bit far fetched. He wasn't joking around at a private concert for MFCers. He seemed pretty serious to me, even when he was singing Grace Kelly. The only time he sort of broke character was when he hit the wrong note on the piano and that was out of embarrassment.

Chicken is our joke, not his. Someone gave him a bottle of Chicken Tonight recently and it took a moment for him to clue in. I can't imagine it's something he thinks about so often that he decides to go on national television to sing a proper song and slips it in there just to give a few hundred fans a laugh.

SO he not only got the lyrics wrong, he mispronounced them too? :naughty:

But to be entirely fair the word doesn't sound like neither "chicken" nor "ticket", it sounds like "chickeeeh" instead. So it really could be either.

Again he does this all the time. Sometimes accidentally like he did on So You Think You Can Dance where he screwed up an entire verse of Love Today. During a performance of Everybody's Talkin' he keeps throwing "only the shadows of their eyes" in there even when the line is supposed to be "only the echoes of my mind".

He also changes his songs through improvisation which you can hear from the demos through the recorded version through to later live performances. He's probably been doing this Nina Simone song since he was a kid and he's got his own interpretation of it. I just don't think his interpretation includes a "chicken" line that sounds remarkably like "ticket" to me. :naughty:

maybe he didnt say "sex" but "apples". who knows.

That would be awesome!! :roftl:

Christine -

I know that we, in England, say "chube" instead of "tube" lol, but we say "Ticket" and not "CHicket" :roftl:

:naughty: Yeah but this is Mika we're talking about. He's got this non descript Atlantic accent when he speaks but he puts on an accent that no one's ever heard before when he sings.

Notice he sings "kello my baby, hello my baby" during Grace Kelly? WTF is that?

I had to look up the lyrics to Big Girl because I didn't know what he was meaning by "lye-dee". No one pronounces "lady" like that except Jerry Lewis acting like a spaz.

The chicken line would be hilarious for sure, but I'm just finding it a little difficult to believe that's what he meant to sing and why. JMO.

This is what I just posted on Mika's MySpace Comments a few seconds ago:

Just saw your performance on Jool's Hootenanny, and heard you sing that you " Ain't got no CHICKEN?!" Ha ha!

Hope 2008 is better for you in that department. Happy New Year! Suzy from the MFC (where "chicken" has a whole other meaning...) Ha ha

You're so silly, Suzy. :roftl:

It only takes two drinks for me sadly.... back from the party and thought I would crash but I'm a little wired. :naughty:

Uh, I think the chicken is just wishful thinking. It's just Mika and his bizarre pronunciations. Sounds like ticket to me.

Yeah...Had myself some sleep and I'm much more intelligent this morning.

I just deleted my comments from his MySpace. :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah...Had myself some sleep and I'm much more intelligent this morning.

I just deleted my comments from his MySpace. :blush-anim-cl:

You mean you sobered up? :naughty:

Maybe we can ask him for clarification when he comes to Toronto. Less than a month now. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Thanks LM!

This forum is just the best!

I am about to start raving again, like I just discovered how wonderful Mika is, but his voice is just fantastic, just exceptional, what a start to the new year!

ROCK ON!!!:punk:

You mean you sobered up? :naughty:

Maybe we can ask him for clarification when he comes to Toronto. Less than a month now. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I can see that now...

Suzy: Mika, how do you pronounce the word "ticket"? Do you say 'tik-it' or "chi-kin'?

Mika: I say "Stick-it"! :sneaky2:

Suzy: :blink:

I can see that now...

Suzy: Mika, how do you pronounce the word "ticket"? Do you say 'tik-it' or "chi-kin'?

Mika: I say "Stick-it"! :sneaky2:

Suzy: :blink: [/font][/size]

:shocked: He'd never tell you to stick it.

And there's no "n" sound at the end of that line at all. That's just what your mind fills in because the first syllable sounds like "chick" and we all want him to say chicken so badly.

I think you should put your MySpace comment back. Maybe he'll start singing it in concert and he'll throw the chicken line in for real. That would be fantastic. :biggrin2:

Happy New Year to everyone - again.

I'm back in control of my fingers after last night's (drunken) posts.

I think he is VERY shy and was ill at ease with all those huge names, pretending it was new year's eve before Christmas and before the atmosphere had got going. But I thought he sang his own version of Ain't Got No/I Got Life and on every hearing, even when I sing 'ticket', it sounds like chicken to me. Don't forget, no-one else hearing it would pick up on it; it's a nod to us, I'm sure.

I think he made two mistakes on Grace Kelly - I think the pressure got to him, but I don't care, in fact I love him more for that. The beginning was wrong as his face shows, and he missed (did someone say top G?) his piano note.

He was lovely, dancing and chatting with people in the studio, he seemed to relax as time went on.

And for me - HE MADE MY NEW YEAR's EVE! Yo Mika!

And to the mp3 links and bab's vids; many many thanks ~xxx~