The Oldlings Thread (Part 8)!!!

dcdeb

Hi Suzy Kath and new Oldie - Mika mom - MLC - pah been there sseen it done it!!!!

Now all I say is I like Mika and am proud of it!

Grab life and enjoy it - ok I dont always do that but we should and stuff every one else!!

PS Suzy - looking to come back over to GT end of May for another hol / recce trip :) Will you and Chrsitine be around?

C x x x

PS Suzy - yr welcome to pm me too about to MLC!!

Hey Carrie - I don't work downtown Toronto anymore, but I will make all the effort to meet you for sure! Thanks carrie for the PM offer...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suzy where do you actually live ??

Do I remember you saying you were off to work near Mississauga?

I live in Brampton (next city to Mississauga). There are a few suburban cities that make up the "Greater Toronto Area" (GTA- its called). It's about a 30 minute drive to downtown Toronto. Christine lives downtown Toronto.

Family = suburbia.

Good morning, Oldlings!

I think the holidays are well and truly over now -- celebrated with my parents over the weekend, so I can finally put away all the decorations, wrappings, etc. Whew.

Just read through the thread -- how many pages since I started it Saturday morning???!!! :shocked:

Catching up...

i'm back eventually! happy new year dear oldlings!

i have an annoying pain in my lower back so i cannot sit for long....argh, a real oldling new year start!

so thanks for all your wishes and pm (especially wendi and kath...you are deliciously delicious!) and be sure i'll be back for more time tomorrow...just to let you know i'm here....to stay!

Welcome back, Dear Robi! Sorry you're still hurting... but will look

forward to seeing more of you soon! :huglove:

Ok..hopefully here ia pic of Ab in her tartan trews!

She looks great! And so do the trews! :thumb_yello:

I have dyed it now....it is brown now!

Brown?! I can't believe it! :eek:

Mid life crisis is a well known subject area here....but to most of us, we don't find that being Mikafied is a crisis realy..it is just amazing! As has been said, it has given many of us such a whole new lease of life. I think that for quite a few people here it has been an amazing transformation. Not so much for me...because I have always been fairly mad and those that know me are used to me doing crazy things. However, I did go through an actual MLC as I aproached my fortieth birthday (well, from about 38 really) and did some pretty scarey things! But the other day, in here, Carri posted a lovely piece of text where someone was saying about growing older and the benefits that it brings.....like not really caring so much about what other people think, having the confidence to be yourself and most of all, being grateful for actually still being here (alive, not actually on MFC although that is good too ) when others who should be our age are not so fortunate.

I hope you feel at home here. We are fairly mad in the Oldlings. We talk about anything and everything...there is no such thing as :offtopic: here. PM DC Deb to have your name added to the Oldlings. I think you will find the 'Mothers' thread in general chinwagging like this thread.

Midlife Crisis? Me? No way!

:roftl:

I'm just rediscovering my crazy side!

Seriously, I'm here too for anyone who wants to PM about this...

The past year was a revelation to me, and I'm assuming this coming

year will be a continuation of the same... As I think Wendy said at

one time, "I'm too young to be this old!" or something like that... and

I heartily agree! And as *someone else* has said, in a song we might

know, we can be anything we like! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

hi debbie!

i'm posting here mainly to wave at you dear!

i have so many threads to read and catch up...just posted on jemma's thread about loosing weight (see my sig, please!) and sivan's thread about mika's phone call...

and now i'm going to go to the super...need to shop carefully...i'm on a diet AGAIN!!!!

speak later later....hope you'll be here, love love!!!

ciao to all the rest, ppl...bear with me....i love you all!

hi debbie!

i'm posting here mainly to wave at you dear!

i have so many threads to read and catch up...just posted on jemma's thread about loosing weight (see my sig, please!) and sivan's thread about mika's phone call...

and now i'm going to go to the super...need to shop carefully...i'm on a diet AGAIN!!!!

speak later later....hope you'll be here, love love!!!

ciao to all the rest, ppl...bear with me....i love you all!

*waves back*

You read my mind -- I was going to join jemma's thread as

well -- but how many kilos do I need to lose, if you say you

must lose 7?! :eek:

Well, I must run out, too -- meeting with my friend about the website!

Yes, actual WORK! :shocked:

Be back later, lovely Oldlings!

dcdeb

HI Dear Oldlings,

Well, I thought that I was going to be without y'all this week...but, that's not going to happen. Oh, HAPPY DANCE!!:naughty:

So, I showed up to class 45 minutes early. It's not that I'm necessarily ambitious...just in L.A. it's either show up 45 minutes early or 1 hour late. It's all about what time you leave. Can't stand it.

Anywho, to my surprise...when I walked into class, each seat has it's own little laptop and to my other surprise, guess which site isn't blocked? :wink2: Yes, I'm a very happy camper this morning. I guess I'll get to catch up during breaks and lunch time. YAY!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to all those on diets. Haven't been doing so well since being sick..but, haven't gained either so I always find that to be a big positive. :thumb_yello:

Hello,

I am sorry but I was awake most of the night and I have had a really bad day at work so I am just too tired to stay and talk tonight I am afraid. I miss you all.....GREAT to see you back Robi....hope the back is improving..Dave's is a little better. No, I haven't been in touch with Wendi today.

OK..got to go as falling asleep! Night night all xxxxx

Hi Robi, good to see you posting again! Yes, I too have joined Jemma's thread. That's what you get for not reading back through everything, I didn't see Wendi's msg about Jemma's thread, I found it randomly last night. Ha ha, I even commented on CharlotteChristy's ticker a few day's ago.... Didn't know it was related to that thread, just thought it was something she was doing off her own bat.

Morning Oldlings!!

Kath, Robi,

You know how they say that women who spend a lot of time together usually cycle together? Well, I think we are getting all of our OLDING ailments together. What the heck is going on? Oh, and yes, even men who spend a lot of time with women get the symptoms too. :naughty:

Because I slept all weekend, I was unable to sleep last night. However, I got a 20 minute nap in and had an awesome dream of you know who. :wub2:

I can't wait to get to the chiropracter tonight. My neck is killing me. I'm doing all I can to look down at the computer screen and of course, much of our class is working on the computer.

I hope everyone starts feeling better. Our new year isn't supposed to start out like this. :thumbdown:

thanks tia...i need yr wishes...gosh, my back is here again!:sneaky2:

i'm coming and going fro a while, need to sort something, then i'll be here!

(me and my back)

any news of wendi today? :blink:

Hello,

I am sorry but I was awake most of the night and I have had a really bad day at work so I am just too tired to stay and talk tonight I am afraid. I miss you all.....GREAT to see you back Robi....hope the back is improving..Dave's is a little better. No, I haven't been in touch with Wendi today.

OK..got to go as falling asleep! Night night all xxxxx

Hey Chickadee, :huglove:

How are you doing? LOL!! Yeah, me? Do anything on my own? LMAO!! I'm such a follower in here. Whatever the MFC does, I seem to do too. LOL!!

Please, just don't jump off a bridge anytime soon.......I'm enjoying myself way too much. :wink2:

So, are you on board too Chickadee? I mean, if you aren't big, it's time to start eating healthier and if you do eat healthy, tell us how to do it. LOL

BTW- I would like to see that ticker move down some. I'm getting tired of seeing that number there. But, I do have a meeting with a trainer tomorrow. Whoo hoooo!!!

Hi Robi, good to see you posting again! Yes, I too have joined Jemma's thread. That's what you get for not reading back through everything, I didn't see Wendi's msg about Jemma's thread, I found it randomly last night. Ha ha, I even commented on CharlotteChristy's ticker a few day's ago.... Didn't know it was related to that thread, just thought it was something she was doing off her own bat.

Morning Oldlings!!

Hey Chickadee, :huglove:

How are you doing? LOL!! Yeah, me? Do anything on my own? LMAO!! I'm such a follower in here. Whatever the MFC does, I seem to do too. LOL!!

Please, just don't jump off a bridge anytime soon.......I'm enjoying myself way too much. :wink2:

So, are you on board too Chickadee? I mean, if you aren't big, it's time to start eating healthier and if you do eat healthy, tell us how to do it. LOL

BTW- I would like to see that ticker move down some. I'm getting tired of seeing that number there. But, I do have a meeting with a trainer tomorrow. Whoo hoooo!!!

Oh yeah I'm big. I'm 5'2" and nearly 90kgs. And a lot is on my abdomen which is the riskiest place to have fat. My dad got diagnised with Type 2 diabetes recently and there is heart disease on both sides of the family AND I was an R.N. so you would think I'd know better huh? (Actually, scratch that part about being an R.N. making you know better. The number of nurses that smoke!......) So, I'm going to get that breakfast that I mentioned on the other thread...

Good evening Oldlings - there was a LOT of talk last night!! :shocked:

Great - its something to read when no-one is here :blush-anim-cl:

Yo Wendi and the gang, what's new?:thumb_yello:

No time to read back!

Got my essay in today at last ! yahoo!

Also my 2 x Relax cd's arrived in the post :roftl:

Nice reward .. thanks Mika :wub2:

hi wendi and vicky!

well done vicky! good work and better reward! :naughty:

wendi...tomorrow is the doctor? be brave and require a definitive ultimate cure! we need you in perfect shape for end february! :thumb_yello:

i'm posting in the weight loosing thread....i have regained all the weight i had lost during 2007!!! hopeless....

and my back is somewhat better...but being sit here doesn't help...it hurts everywhere!

Hi Robi - look after your back, you need to be strong for Feb!!

I am ready for the doctors - have written everything down, so

I dont forget anything I want to ask!! Eilidh saw another doctor

today, about the blood in her lungs - and he thinks it was a burst

blood vessel, that has happened when she was coughing!! She has

to go straight back if she brings up any more clots!!

hi wendi and vicky!

well done vicky! good work and better reward! :naughty:

wendi...tomorrow is the doctor? be brave and require a definitive ultimate cure! we need you in perfect shape for end february! :thumb_yello:

i'm posting in the weight loosing thread....i have regained all the weight i had lost during 2007!!! hopeless....

and my back is somewhat better...but being sit here doesn't help...it hurts everywhere!

Hi Robi

Sorry to hear you are suffering with a bad back ,but glad it is a bit better.:thumb_yello:

Wendi do you have a check tomorrow, good luck :wink2:

I am also in need to loose weight, but am struggling to get going!

Maybe joining a class on Wednesday evening with a friend:sneaky2:

I am so tired tonight after first day back at work and boys back to school, may have to go soon!:blink: