The Oldlings Thread (Part 8)!!!

dcdeb

Oh Kath, sounded like you had a delightful evening!!!! Sounds like my idea of hell. I detest crying babies. Parents sounded as thougfh they couldn't get away fast enough! Need the break I expect.

Er:Fat_baby, yeah he was the fattest of the litter and the name just stuck. The others were FBG, Ziggy, Delilah, and I've still got Squibby, Sammy and said Fat-baby.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fat Baby! What a name! Speaking of babies...although not fat ones..I was looking about a 12 week old one last night....normally I am in my element in such circumstances..however this one had been driven all the way from London...by parents who didn't seem to think that this would have upset his routine..they were about to head out without even giving me (a complete stranger albeit a vetted one) a contact number...went out without even leaving a made up bottle...no pram or buggy to rock him in, no dummy (although not essential, quite useful at that age especially with a fractious baby)................morons! He cried for three hours!

What a shame - poor wee soul!!! He must have been really upset!

:ot: Kath - I am a frequent visitor to the Migasmic thread just now,

and when I<3MIKA posts - I get a good giggle at the expression on

your face. She has the "jumping" picture of Mika as her signature!!!

Oh I see! Makes sense then! Yes, some people definatly need lessons in parenthood! He was a lovely little chap..........chinese.......but I was hoping that he was going to be asleep a little more! I did one last Wedenesday...I was in the poshest suite in the hotel..........and the turnberry hotel is somewhat posh to begin with...and i never even saw the baby.........she was just asleep in a bedroom............now, I can be doing with that! Parents called back in three times during the evening to see that everything was alright and said 'help yourself' to the mini bar!

What a shame - poor wee soul!!! He must have been really upset!

:ot: Kath - I am a frequent visitor to the Migasmic thread just now,

and when I<3MIKA posts - I get a good giggle at the expression on

your face. She has the "jumping" picture of Mika as her signature!!!

Yes I know! I saw it in the Hootenanny thread! I love the fact that I am on the pic but I hate the expression on my face..God only knows how i manage to be looking like that..Looks as though I am not impressed!

Oh I see! Makes sense then! Yes, some people definatly need lessons in parenthood! He was a lovely little chap..........chinese.......but I was hoping that he was going to be asleep a little more! I did one last Wedenesday...I was in the poshest suite in the hotel..........and the turnberry hotel is somewhat posh to begin with...and i never even saw the baby.........she was just asleep in a bedroom............now, I can be doing with that! Parents called back in three times during the evening to see that everything was alright and said 'help yourself' to the mini bar!

even I would consider child care if they were all like that!!

Yes I know! I saw it in the Hootenanny thread! I love the fact that I am on the pic but I hate the expression on my face..God only knows how i manage to be looking like that..Looks as though I am not impressed!

I think you look awe-struck!!!! :mf_lustslow:

I think you look awe-struck!!!! :mf_lustslow:

Well, I certainly was! That night still stands out as one of the bestest of my life!

Yes Shari..........I have always been in childcare but in my day time job at the moment I just train people in childcare so I don't get my hands on the kids so to speak! I really miss that so it is nice to be able to do the Childcare..and the hotel is at Turnberry, a really posh golfing place so it is nice to be in luxurious surroundings!

OOOh Wendi, I wasn't aware how good that mikagasmic thread was!!!!

Pppphhhrrrrrrrooorrrrr. My Mika pics folder is getting bigger by the minute!

I hope your wee bairn will be feeling better soon too...

OOOh Wendi, I wasn't aware how good that mikagasmic thread was!!!!

Pppphhhrrrrrrrooorrrrr. My Mika pics folder is getting bigger by the minute!

I hope your wee bairn will be feeling better soon too...

I am thinking that I had better stay out of there tonight..I may never resurface!

Carri - did you ever get anything back from the Black Cabs -

remember we contacted them for a quote? I tried twice - nothing :boxed:

Actually no I didnt!!!

will try again tomorrow from work - will try and call - its from where to the hotel yes??

Carri - did you ever get anything back from the Black Cabs -

remember we contacted them for a quote? I tried twice - nothing :boxed:

I was thinking about that Wendi. When I have worked for families in London they have often used cars that you can pre book...and it works out cheaper than black cabs..do you know anything about them Carri?

I was thinking about that Wendi. When I have worked for families in London they have often used cars that you can pre book...and it works out cheaper than black cabs..do you know anything about them Carri?

yup general mini cabs - can get some quotes - just need to know where you are all coming in to !!

Thanks Wendi, Ahhh yes I have seen that pic actually. Have to say I didn't even look in the audience! (blush) Its a good one. Kath looks in awe like you say.

Hiya Martine, you frequent that thread too hey? I love your bouncy Mika pic doing the invisible limbo dance on your sig.

Thats a good pic isnt it - where was it ? Oslo?

Yes Oslo...............mmmmmm!

Wendi, can you give me a link to that thread please...the mikagasmic one as i CAN'T FIND IT (BANG GOES kATH'S RESOLVE!) Whoops sorry!

Actually no I didnt!!!

will try again tomorrow from work - will try and call - its from where to the hotel yes??

From Kings Cross Station!! :thumb_yello:

I have dyed it now....it is brown now!

:boxed: Aww - I wont recognise you now!! :naughty: