Mika's Nominated for 4 Brits...

OhMyMika!!

goes without saying I hope he wins in all 4 cathegories, but if I REALLY had to pick two, I wish him to get best male artist and best album!

o.c. he's also best breakthrough, but that's more of next-best-thing title, which i'm convinced mika is NOT.

and as for best single, o.c. GK is grand, but album is ALL fantastic, so i think that prize would give him more justice for his talent and creativity! :wink2:

I think he deserves best album for definate :thumb_yello: .. sadly I think our x factor friend will take it

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HE IS THE BEST OF THE LIST DEFFINITLY!! COME ON.. LEONA LEWIS?? TAKE THAT??? :thumbdown:

LL lists over 20 songwriters on her debut album-just checked on the net..:shocked:

... I hate listening to albums that are put together by different songwriters completely unrelated to the artist...What's the point? That's all fake...

if it's 1 or 2 of them helping out, that's OK, but paying songwriters to produce hits for someone who does not even have brain to think of their own lyrics is something I cannot stand:mf_rosetinted:

LL lists over 20 songwriters on her debut album-just checked on the net..:shocked:

... I hate listening to albums that are put together by different songwriters completely unrelated to the artist...What's the point? That's all fake...

if it's 1 or 2 of them helping out, that's OK, but paying songwriters to produce hits for someone who does not even have brain to think of their own lyrics is something I cannot stand:mf_rosetinted:

True :thumb_yello:

Thats why if Mika doesnt win anything then the music industry really is screwed up

Well allegdedly, she does write her own songs, but I heard on the radio the other day that the singer from One Republic co-wrote Bleeding Love.

Grace Kelly has just come on, sorry it's distracting me!

I may be wrong, but I think take that write their own song. gary barlow at least.

I don't even know leona: I heard one song of hers and didn't like it :boxed:

as for mika, he's by far the best of the list, both as composer and singer. :mf_rosetinted:

What I was going to say before I got distracted by the big guy, was I would rather The Arctic Monkeys win Best Album than LL. At least they are talented and write their own songs.

But you never know, we may be totally surprised and Mika could win everything. That would be heaven!

I may be wrong, but I think take that write their own song. gary barlow at least.

I don't even know leona: I heard one song of hers and didn't like it :boxed:

as for mika, he's by far the best of the list, both as composer and singer. :mf_rosetinted:

I was only talking about Leona Lewis but I have a very particular opinion on Gary Barlow's songwriting abilities which I am not going to discuss here... let's just say I KNOW EXACTLY what George Michael meant when he said that he did not think BFG was actually written by GB..:mf_rosetinted:

Really, Leona Lewis shouldn't win best album. I can understand it if she wins for Bleeding Love, however much I don't want her to, but her album itself isn't that great - mostly full of mid-tempo ballads with little personality reflected in them.

Best of luck to Mika! :D

I recommend we keep in mind the deadlines for voting in each round...

I am pretty sure that Mika will stay in after the first one but in the 3rd wek of Feb WE NEED TO REMIND PEOPLE TO VOTE

there will be only one day to vote in each round!!!!!!!!!

Round One: 23:59 GMT 14th February 2008

Round Two: 23:59 GMT 15th February 2008

Round Three: 23:59 GMT 16th February 2008

Round Four: 17:00 GMT 17th February 2008

I tried an' vote through the link on mika my space, but on bbc site nominations are not up yet.

a take that banner on top of page on best breakthrough act.. hmmm... doesn't promise any good :mf_rosetinted:

though technically take that are not breakthrough, they are coming back, aren't they..? :blink: