• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mica Stipe..........:roftl:

You are joking, right?:blink:

:roftl:

Nope, deadly serious.

Every now and again on some before they were famous programme the interview of him as Wonderdog gets shown, but I think Mr Cowell would much rather it be buried.

But it's out there!

there's no need for the modified michael pic...:wink2:

this is him a few years ago... rem01.jpg

he's always been VERY cute.. :wub2:

and if ya needed more evidence, this is the REM logo in MFC style :mf_rosetinted:

rem%20murmer%20b.JPG

I remember Michael when he had his lovely locks :wub2: I've always thought he was gorgeous, even bald as he now is!!

REM's Michael Stipe recently called Mika, who qualifies thanks to his British passport and has split critical opinion, "a great songwriter" and cited him as a key influence on the band's new album.

full article: http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2240749,00.html

Wow!!! :punk: That's fantastic!!

Being endorsed like that by REM, that is really really, REALLY good.

Thanks for posting:thumb_yello:

Are they saying Michael Stipe has a British passport or Mika does?

Christine, this reopens a discussion we had ages ago....Mika must be a dual national then, UK/US. Surely.

Well he could even hold 3 passports Lebanese, US and UK, but he may only use 2....my son has 3, and uses only 2 at the moment. That comes from having parents from 2 different countries and being born in the U.K. (my son that is).

But Mika wasn't born in the UK, so to have a UK passport, he must have become "naturalised" and taken out citizenship.

Christine, this reopens a discussion we had ages ago....Mika must be a dual national then, UK/US. Surely.

Well he could even hold 3 passports Lebanese, US and UK, but he may only use 2....my son has 3, and uses only 2 at the moment. That comes from having parents from 2 different countries and being born in the U.K. (my son that is).

But Mika wasn't born in the UK, so to have a UK passport, he must have become "naturalised" and taken out citizenship.

My guess is he's never had any use for a Lebanese passport.

You just have to live in the UK for 5 years to apply for citizenship. If he didn't have it already he probably got it just for this reason. Would also make it easier to get around Europe on tour.

I always thought Americans were pretty adamant about not carrying dual citizenship. Pledging allegiance to the another head of state is regarded as somewhat traitorous.

You just have to live in the UK for 5 years to apply for citizenship. If he didn't have it already he probably got it just for this reason. Would also make it easier to get around Europe on tour.

I always thought Americans were pretty adamant about not carrying dual citizenship. Pledging allegiance to the another head of state is regarded as somewhat traitorous.

My friend has dual citizenship and he's American. He needed to get it to stay on with the job he had here, besides he and his wife were happy here so it was a no brainer for them to stay.

My friend has dual citizenship and he's American. He needed to get it to stay on with the job he had here, besides he and his wife were happy here so it was a no brainer for them to stay.

He probably wasn't quick to tell the US embassy that fact.

I love that Simon Cowell story by the way. :roftl:

I sometimes scare myself with my reaction to any and every little titbit... British passport? O.K!

I don't understand how this one works I mean wth do you need to say what your fave radio station is for...DURRR I never listen to radios cos I always have my LICM album on pfft, and anyway I would have picked my local one but it's not on there anyway stoopy things.

also, how many times can you vote and why can u only vote for mika in 1 section when he is up for 4 nominations :blink: I'm rather confused but sat re voting for about 40 times any way just in case it made a difference to the millions of people Simon has paid to sit with their fingers on LL's vote button :sneaky2:

also, how many times can you vote and why can u only vote for mika in 1 section when he is up for 4 nominations :blink: I'm rather confused but sat re voting for about 40 times any way just in case it made a difference to the millions of people Simon has paid to sit with their fingers on LL's vote button :sneaky2:

There are only three sections that the public will be able to vote in, and so far British Single is the only one that's open. Because it says that only your last vote will be counted, I guess it means that you may as well just vote once for Mika, although you could change your mind and vote for another artist just before the deadline (but we know there's no need for that :P ). I guess the only way of multi-voting is if you fill out a different form everyone you're on a different computer.

*copies Christine's notes into own stalker file*