What gifts have you given to Mika?

iadoremika

I've been around this site and have seen and heard about all the cool gifts that you guys have given to/thought about giving to Mika. The teacups, the bears...are all awesome!

So what gifts have you MFCers given/thought about giving to Mika? I'll start with mine.

On the "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD, Mika talks about the Fingertips song and about how he likes the idea of picking up body parts around a city (and then goes on to say that it's "sick"). So when I was shopping I saw these toys which were squishy body parts (hand, eye etc) and I thought to myself, "these are for Mika". So after his concert at the Kool Haus on Tuesday (January 29), Mika came to greet all of his fans (sadly none of us got to take pictures or get autographs as he had a sore throat...get well soon Mika!) but he did take the liberty of accepting gifts from us fans. So when I got the chance to reach over (since I wasn't so close to him...tear) and hand him my gift, saying , "In honur of the Fingertips song!". Then he took them and he called them "brilliant". (If any of you were there, you may remember that.) I just about died!

So go ahead...and tell your story!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knit him a scarf thats electric blue with white and black in it (i wish i had taken a picture! It took about 2 weeks and an iron chef marathon on tv to make, i hope he likes it! its super soft.) and i made him a bunch of colorful bracelets that he wears!!!! (yes, seeing them on his wrist has made me incredibly happy. i am so glad that he liked them! It took a while to make them all, there were 5 i think and they're all different. I had to work with this sparkly thread that was a pain in the arse but ended up looking really nice!!):roftl::wink2::punk::wub2::thumb_yello::roftl:

oh cool, i'm at 333 posts. lol.:D

like bab say...gave him the gift of going to 8 shows (in the US and the UK)AND 2 more in 8 days.

AND! bought his singles, DVD ...album (4 of them! one in israel, one in the USA, another one in the USA cause the first one i listened to too much:roftl: , and one for my friend in israel!).

BUT! i have to admit...i gave him 2 gifts that i worked TONS on....

1. the SCRAPBOOK that everyone helped me to do here in the MFC and gave it to him on March 2007 :)

thats him (and me) reading it :)

mika2.jpg

2. a Silver Necklace with a 2Gigs USB in it! :)

11-1.jpg

and YES im damn proud of these 2 gifts :mf_rosetinted:

They are lovely gifts Sivan, but I am just not artistic in any way and even struggle for what to write in a shop bought card, so that kind of thing is difficult for me even if I want to do it.

I also am crap at thinking of what to give people as gifts (we are big on Amazon wish lists in my family), so to try to buy something for someone I don't know is also difficult, even if I wanted to.

I just turn up - I hope he's grateful ! :naughty:

They are lovely gifts Sivan, but I am just not artistic in any way and even struggle for what to write in a shop bought card, so that kind of thing is difficult for me even if I want to do it.

I also am crap at thinking of what to give people as gifts (we are big on Amazon wish lists in my family), so to try to buy something for someone I don't know is also difficult, even if I wanted to.

I just turn up - I hope he's grateful ! :naughty:

OFCOURSE HE IS :D i know he will do great without the gifts to... lol but sucks for him....we love giving him gifts!

I have given him the gift of my support, both at concerts and by buying his merchandise.

Isn't that enough. :mf_rosetinted:

Exactly my thought.

I once gave him something. I gave him some cough sweets after the Düsseldorf gig (they were actually samples my mom got at the pharmacy the day before :naughty: ). He told me later that he wasn't able to eat them because they made him cough :shocked::blink: . So that is my Mika-present-career :mf_rosetinted: .

In Düsseldorf I gave him a key chain with jack skellington and a bracelet that I made out of boredom the day before

then a week later he came to Amsterdam, So I thought I'm going to give him some dutch souvenirs. But then i thought about the fact that I felt very guilty back in Düsseldorf because I didn't get the rest of the band something.

So i bought this for MIKA and all the band members and put little nametags on al the little packages.

hollandgift.jpg

But now I feel guilty about getting nothing for Andy so I might bring something for him when I go to London. :naughty:

(I know I'm nuts)

In Düsseldorf I gave him a key chain with jack skellington and a bracelet that I made out of boredom the day before

then a week later he came to Amsterdam, So I thought I'm going to give him some dutch souvenirs. But then i thought about the fact that I felt very guilty back in Düsseldorf because I didn't get the rest of the band something.

So i bought this for MIKA and all the band members and put little nametags on al the little packages.

hollandgift.jpg

But now I feel guilty about getting nothing for Andy so I might bring something for him when I go to London. :naughty:

(I know I'm nuts)

LOL. Awesome!!! :thumb_yello:

I have given him the gift of my support, both at concerts and by buying his merchandise.

I do think that is enough. The gift of support by attending his concerts and buy his merchandise is actually very thoughtful. I think we can all agree here that he appreciates it so much when people attend his concerts because that's of course how he gives back to the fans in the most entertaining way and vice versa.

Haven't given him any gifts personally from me alone. But I have invested a lot of time and money.

I bought 8 tickets, had to sell 5 of them (cancelled shows).

I bought gas to travel to Chicago.

Hotel room.

Plane ticket to London. Private flat.

Bought 2 LICM cds. 1 DVD.

11 vacation days.

Comprimised time with hubby and kids.

But in return, I have gotten a lot of magical MIKA memories.... :wub2:

yes it is... considering you are not "a real fan" :naughty: :naughty:

honestly, i'm not sure i would give him anything either...

the man must have so much already!

like bab say...gave him the gift of going to 8 shows (in the US and the UK)AND 2 more in 8 days.

AND! bought his singles, DVD ...album (4 of them! one in israel, one in the USA, another one in the USA cause the first one i listened to too much:roftl: , and one for my friend in israel!).

BUT! i have to admit...i gave him 2 gifts that i worked TONS on....

1. the SCRAPBOOK that everyone helped me to do here in the MFC and gave it to him on March 2007 :)

thats him (and me) reading it :)

mika2.jpg

2. a Silver Necklace with a 2Gigs USB in it! :)

11-1.jpg

and YES im damn proud of these 2 gifts :mf_rosetinted:

oh i remember those... those are nice gifts... didn't he have that necklace in a tv interview or something?

I don't think that it really matters if you have given him gifts or not. I just thought that I'd start this thread out of curiosity and see what creative and imaginative presents fans have given to him, since I've seen/heard about some of the great stuff already. Support through buying concert tickets and travelling to see him is awesome and is always appreciated by Mika. As are his gifts as well.

Haven't you also given him a piece of you mind as well Babs? LOL!

I gave him (well have to give it to John, as it was at Hammersmith when Mika was ill) a cuddly penguin, and at Hammersmith this time I'll ask hm if he liked it.

Haven't you also given him a piece of you mind as well Babs? LOL!

I gave him (well have to give it to John, as it was at Hammersmith when Mika was ill) a cuddly penguin, and at Hammersmith this time I'll ask hm if he liked it.

Have I? :naughty: Kata definitely has! :shocked:

I dont have a full story in the first person as much as I wished I was there I wasnt!

I sent a kiwi soft toy (the animal), a bonecarving, and a shell bookmark to australia where mouselle gave it to him, I have video to watch of the moment though, and he goes "I love it, thankyou" and giggled!