The Oldlings Thread (Part 10)

Diana

Post is prob under £10 as it only weighs 3KG without packaging....BUT the people who giving it to Beckar dont want the fuss of going super market or cash & Carry to get a big box - suffing it with old carrier bags & newspapers -then going to post office to post it !!!

Needs collecting from : Warndon Villages side of Worcester - not far from junctions 6 and 7 on the M5 !!

I hate to burst their bubble, but no courier worth their salt wil touch it unless it's packed properly, and it'll cost a heck of a lot more than £10 to send it on a sameday service with most courier firms, because of the insurance. I can't believe they won't just get the box and pack it to send to you. Are they passing to postal cost onin the price, if so what is their problem?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate to burst their bubble, but no courier worth their salt wil touch it unless it's packed properly, and it'll cost a heck of a lot more than £10 to send it on a sameday service with most courier firms, because of the insurance. I can't believe they won't just get the box and pack it to send to you. Are they passing to postal cost onin the price, if so what is their problem?

ITS FREE to Beckar !!! - happly pay for Royal mail postage which we worked out to be no more than £10 !!

Unless people willing to pass it on ...

Hiya Oldlings! Just peeking in to say hi! Had a fab weekend in B'ham, great to see Mirti again, great to see Palladium again, although I didn't feel very well because of some really bad news I got about a friend of mine. Lack of energy now and Real Life is calling.

As soon as I have the time I will try to read the reports about Mika in NYC, I am so curious for Deb's story! Will be back with you later.

Just saw your last post and that could end up being pricey for one of you.

Obviously it's going to have to be a sameday delivery, if they won't go to the post office and that will be expensive as they charge by the mile normally and that's a good 2 to 300 miles with insurance on top. I would quote between £150- £170 for the trip and I don't charge as much on my mileage rate as most others do. But they will have to pack it properly as it's breakable, and as I already said most firms won't take it if it's not.

Just saw your last post and that could end up being pricey for one of you.

Obviously it's going to have to be a sameday delivery, if they won't go to the post office and that will be expensive as they charge by the mile normally and that's a good 2 to 300 miles with insurance on top. I would quote between £150- £170 for the trip and I don't charge as much on my mileage rate as most others do. But they will have to pack it properly as it's breakable, and as I already said most firms won't take it if it's not.

I Know ..

My idea was to find a willing & Helpful Mika fan who would collect it & Post to Beckar !!!

I Know ..

My idea was to find a willing & Helpful Mika fan who would collect it & Post to Beckar !!!

AHHH! I get you now, you want someone to post it from Worcester, right.

Are there no mfcers living round Worcester then?

Like I say if I was working I could probably drop round there, but I'm a bit stuck at present, I do get trips up to Birmingham sometimes and I could have popped that down the post office for you if I was up there.

Sorry, sometimes I have my Homer Simpson head on and don't click straight away. LOL!

Hello My Dear Oldlings!

I'm finally here! Took a while to catch up, but I'm really still not properly caught up... haven't read back here, so don't know what's going on with you all... just wanted to pop in for a moment to say I've posted sort of a report and some pics -- but I have many more on my myspace page, go have a look! :)

I did see this post up front, though...

It's bizarre to see my name as thread starter for the oldlings. :naughty:

:roftl: I guess it's official now, Diana... YOU ARE OLD! :wheelchair:

OK, must go patrol the threads as Robi says... still a lot to read from

the weekend.

But I will leave you with this:

l_96e97b544c0eb03ec52c78ede3dcc8aa.jpg

Talk to you later!

dcdeb

Hello My Dear Oldlings!

I'm finally here! Took a while to catch up, but I'm really still not properly caught up... haven't read back here, so don't know what's going on with you all... just wanted to pop in for a moment to say I've posted sort of a report and some pics -- but I have many more on my myspace page, go have a look! :)

I did see this post up front, though...

:roftl: I guess it's official now, Diana... YOU ARE OLD! :wheelchair:

OK, must go patrol the threads as Robi says... still a lot to read from

the weekend.

But I will leave you with this:

l_96e97b544c0eb03ec52c78ede3dcc8aa.jpg

Talk to you later!

dcdeb

Hi Deb hope you had enough rest before the onskaught of modding again.

Thanks for the pic you sent me, he's still as cute as ever.

And thanks for the pic of the big guy here, niiceeee. Heh heh.

Hi there lovely oldies,

I would like to join the oldlings thread. I think I'm old enough: 35. My wife Miek has just joined (#69).

Best regards,

Alexander :old:

Welcome Alexander - great to have you here :thumb_yello:

Blue - hope things start getting a bit easier for you hun :huglove:

Hi and Bye Oldlings!!

good evening.

i swear i won't go around threads..too much to read everywhere!

this forum is getting to hard to follow....and the official issue is killing me, too much tension, really i'm upset.

i also argued with hubby yesterday about london/mika/mfc so i'm even sicker today.

i need my oldlings!:blush-anim-cl:

Awe Robi!! :huglove: I'm sorry...men just don't always get it. :thumbdown: I swear, I'm staying single. :naughty:

I have so much to do this week but I'm having such a hard time focusing. I'm too excited about everything. About us becoming Official, about my two Mika gigs coming up, flying to SLC, getting home in time for the L.A. show. RL....doesn't have a place right now. But, without it, Mika wouldn't have a place. LOL

hi charlie, yes i'm a bit confused for all things happening quickly..all the us gigs, the official issue, london gigs approaching fast and all the connected problems.... i really do not know where to start and i waste time...

badly organized oldling! :naughty:

what are you wearing at the gigs? anything peculiar?

is katherine (butterfly lounge) going to LA gig?

I know, I'm so badly organized right now. I'm trying to find something to wear for the L.A. show. I have no idea. I want to do something a little more outrageous...but, I'm having a hard time finding my wild side. I'm so conservative. Do Mika and conservative even go together?

I went to the Butterfly Lounge on Saturday night and Kathleen is indeed going. She doesn't know if she'll be in the show yet since they haven't contacted her about it. She really wants to do it so I hope they remember her. I mean, I think the owner of the Butterfly Lounge should be a "Big Girl" don't you?

hi charlie, yes i'm a bit confused for all things happening quickly..all the us gigs, the official issue, london gigs approaching fast and all the connected problems.... i really do not know where to start and i waste time...

badly organized oldling! :naughty:

what are you wearing at the gigs? anything peculiar?

is katherine (butterfly lounge) going to LA gig?