Oh it sounds like you had a great time Cubitus! I don't think I've done any of that except for the Tim Horton's part. :roftl:

We have our own Eaton Centre in Toronto and it's my local shopping centre so I'm there a lot. It's also a big tourist attraction.

Did you just come to Canada to sightsee or were you visiting people?

Hello Canadians !

I'm back to France , spent a wonderful time in Ottawa and Montreal (even though it snowed the day I was there !!)

Seen the canal rideau , civilisations museum , the parliament and the raccoon house just beside it !! the parc de la gatineau , I've been to a kind of zoo where we can feed wild animals from the car , i've eaten beaver tails and took coffee and muffins at tim horton's hahaha , of course I've been to the underground city in Montreal , to Eaton centre , to the old city of Montreal , to the gay avenue , I ate in several restaurants , and been to farm boy and winners hahaha !!!

Beaver tails!!!!!!! i loooooooove that!!:wub2::wub2: and winners :lmfao:!!!

Oh it sounds like you had a great time Cubitus! I don't think I've done any of that except for the Tim Horton's part. :roftl:

We have our own Eaton Centre in Toronto and it's my local shopping centre so I'm there a lot. It's also a big tourist attraction.

Did you just come to Canada to sightsee or were you visiting people?

Tim Horton's has the best coffee and muffin ever !! :aah: I came to Canada to see my boyfriend who lives in Ottawa , and he took vacation from work so we can sightsee together :biggrin2: I spent 3 wonderful weeks with him :wub2:

And I'm officially a fan of the franco-ontarians with the way they switch their conversation from top english to a perfect french !!! I loved the openness of mentality in Canada , the way everyone is more than welcomed , I felt like I was home !! people are so easy going and not complicated !! I think I should start my immigration papers hahaha

Oh yes, please come and live here. Ha! :roftl:

What's your boyfriend doing here? Is he originally from France?

I've got a few Montréal emigrants in my office and they are anglophones but switch to French very easily. I find the French of English speakers (like Mika) a bit easier to understand than francophone French. They tend to speak a bit slower I think.

I've got a few Montréal emigrants in my office and they are anglophones but switch to French very easily. I find the French of English speakers (like Mika) a bit easier to understand than francophone French. They tend to speak a bit slower I think.

yeah, we speak fast in French (Quebec)... and have weird expressions!!:lmfao:!!

yeah, we speak fast in French (Quebec)... and have weird expressions!!:lmfao:!!

Well even Parisian French is easier for me to understand from someone who is an English speaker. Although I always have an easier time with Parisian French because that's what we're taught in public school for some unknown reason :freak: I later took some conversational classes at l'Alliance Française which is taught by Europeans.

Well even Parisian French is easier for me to understand from someone who is an English speaker. Although I always have an easier time with Parisian French because that's what we're taught in public school for some unknown reason :freak: I later took some conversational classes at l'Alliance Française which is taught by Europeans.

really?? they teach you Parisian French in schools?? in Canada??:shocked: how odd is that!:naughty:

No he's originally like me lebanese , but we both speak french , english and lebanese dialect. He works in engineering. He's more fluent in english than me , but I still manage to have a conversation in a decent english , the english of Canada seemed tome easier than the american.

Oh and I met the actor Xavier Dolan who plays in "j'ai tué ma mère" on the plane ! It happens that I saw the dvd the night before taking back the plane to Nice , I think he was heading to Canne's film festival.

Glad you liked your holidays in Canada :thumb_yello: In Montreal, we seem to attract all the French. Everywhere I go, I seem to each French accents lol!

No he's originally like me lebanese , but we both speak french , english and lebanese dialect. He works in engineering. He's more fluent in english than me , but I still manage to have a conversation in a decent english , the english of Canada seemed tome easier than the american.

Oh and I met the actor Xavier Dolan who plays in "j'ai tué ma mère" on the plane ! It happens that I saw the dvd the night before taking back the plane to Nice , I think he was heading to Canne's film festival.

He was indeed, he's there to present his last movie for the competition :wink2: