I guess I have to explore the US sometime. Because NYC sounds amazing. :aah: It's a stereotype that's not justified, I suppose. But there are some stereotypes that are. For example, "all Canadians are sexy". :mf_rosetinted:

PS: Did you get anything from Tiffany's? :teehee:

I LOVE NY. :mf_lustslow:

I bought one of these. It was about 5 or 6 years ago when they were in style.

TFBL034.jpg

I didn't have a map, I didn't do any sightseeing. I just found out the general direction of Tiffany's from my hotel and off I went. :teehee:

I saw the Rockettes Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall which is a thousand times better than the lame-ass Toronto version. :aah:

I LOVE NY. :mf_lustslow:

I bought one of these. It was about 5 or 6 years ago when they were in style.

http://uk-tiffanyoutlet.com/images/Bracelets/TFBL034.jpg

I didn't have a map, I didn't do any sightseeing. I just found out the general direction of Tiffany's from my hotel and off I went. :teehee:

I saw the Rockettes Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall which is a thousand times better than the lame-ass Toronto version. :aah:

When they were in style? I'd still wear that. :roftl:

For a brief period of time I wanted to be a Rockette. :aah:

When they were in style? I'd still wear that. :roftl:

For a brief period of time I wanted to be a Rockette. :aah:

Ha, well everyone wants those Rockette legs. I still wear the bracelet (I had it on for a rowing club fundraiser thing in September), but today I would probably buy this:

Tiffany_Bracelets_0148.JPG

I canvassed all the men I knew at the time to see if they wanted to buy me $15,000 platinum and diamond chandelier earrings, but none of them were interested :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...
Ha, well everyone wants those Rockette legs. I still wear the bracelet (I had it on for a rowing club fundraiser thing in September), but today I would probably buy this:

Tiffany_Bracelets_0148.JPG

I canvassed all the men I knew at the time to see if they wanted to buy me $15,000 platinum and diamond chandelier earrings, but none of them were interested :dunno:

:lmfao:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i should try that too:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

The Mod Club is way better than the Phoenix. I really like the Sound Academy too for a larger venue - better than the Phoenix and Kool Haus. Only problem with the Mod Club is that it is narrow and the sound gets distorted near the speakers so the videos are crap unless it's a stripped down song with little bass or drums. There are only a few snippets of video from Mika's gig there and they are all pretty much terrible. :aah:

who did you go see there?

Jeremy Fisher! His music is very comparable to the likes of Bob Dylan and Paul Simon.

The Mod Club is way better than the Phoenix. I really like the Sound Academy too for a larger venue - better than the Phoenix and Kool Haus. Only problem with the Mod Club is that it is narrow and the sound gets distorted near the speakers so the videos are crap unless it's a stripped down song with little bass or drums. There are only a few snippets of video from Mika's gig there and they are all pretty much terrible. :aah:

I guess it's a good thing I only take photos. :naughty: Is the sound quality not so good at the Phoenix? Or the size? Security? :aah:

I guess it's a good thing I only take photos. :naughty: Is the sound quality not so good at the Phoenix? Or the size? Security? :aah:

There is a crazy maze to get into the actual room. You have to go through the coatroom area, a room where they sell merchandise, etc. During the winter the hall gets totally jammed with people trying to get their coats. I was packed in there once tighter than I was during the gig and it took about 30 minutes to escape.

If it's an all ages show you need to show ID again to get into the back area where the bar is. Because of all the complications getting in I missed Lily Allen's opening act because it took almost an hour to get inside. :aah: I actually wanted to see the opening act for a change and had turned up early enough to catch it.

Anyway we were there to see Sara Bareilles a couple of weeks ago and wanted to order some fries or something and the bartender told us to go to the store and get some chips because he wouldn't eat there. :doh: There are about half a dozen urinals in the women's washroom. :shocked:

It's really unfortunate because it was a great club when it was the Diamond in the 80s. They didn't have all ages shows in those days so it was a proper club and wasn't set up like a concert hall. Now it is basically a bigger version of the Mod Club but back then the stage was against the longer wall and there would be tables in front with people either sitting down or mingling at the back. Much more casual and comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
Today at work (at this job we work inside but you can EASILY get outside) I saw a girl wearing shorts and fishnets.

Crazy bitch.

:aah: i don't get what is so sexy about freezing to death :naughty:

you should see how some of the girls dress to go to my son's football games.

i have my winter coat, scarf, gloves, boots & they show up in a belly shirt with a skirt in high heels :doh:

i think they want the football players to notice them :teehee:

:aah: i don't get what is so sexy about freezing to death :naughty:

you should see how some of the girls dress to go to my son's football games.

i have my winter coat, scarf, gloves, boots & they show up in a belly shirt with a skirt in high heels :doh:

i think they want the football players to notice them :teehee:

I AGREE! To me, they just look like idiots.

Yeah, well, while they are freezing their boobs off you're more warm than they are. I bet you laugh? :naughty:

I AGREE! To me, they just look like idiots.

Yeah, well, while they are freezing their boobs off you're more warm than they are. I bet you laugh? :naughty:

:naughty: of course i did

then at half time, they make sure to be right next to the players dressing room, so that players notice them on the way in/out

my son said... did you see those crazy chicks? :aah:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So, the Conservatives have a majority government. Ain't that something? :naughty:

:naughty: i'm just shocked at what happened in my province! :aah:

i can't believe the bloc barely got any seat. :teehee:my region is usually bloc quebecois & this time we were strongly NDP. the loser for the bloc refused interviews with the newspaper, told them to leave, blocked her windows with posters & sent her 22 yrs old son to answer on her behalf. wtg you! now i remember why i never voted for her! :aah:

• 1 month later...

I got my credit card in the mail today. Now the next time Mika comes to Canada (whenever that will be :mf_rosetinted:), I can probably do the Toronto-Quebec or Toronto-New York concert trip. Hopefully. Not that any of you care. I am done now. Goodbye.

I got my credit card in the mail today. Now the next time Mika comes to Canada (whenever that will be :mf_rosetinted:), I can probably do the Toronto-Quebec or Toronto-New York concert trip. Hopefully. Not that any of you care. I am done now. Goodbye.

i do care! i do care! :yay:

Why, thank you. :naughty:

Also, happy belated birthday! How was it? :D

it's not belated yet! i still have 8 minutes! :naughty:

it was good! we celebrated yesterday as my son works the night shift and wouldn't be home today! ;o)