• 3 weeks later...
This is how I started my day, at school. (It's an extra large hot chocolate, by the way.) Am I Canadian or am I Canadian? :naughty:

start-1.jpg

:mf_rosetinted: your sentence should have read:

This is how I started my day, at school. (It's an extra large hot chocolate, by the way.) Am I Canadian or am I Canadian? eh? :sneaky2:

:shocked: how did that happen???

It would have been helpful to tell you that, eh? :doh:

I went to the Rick Mercer Report on Friday (I basically got tickets through Facebook). PS: it's the episode airing today (Tuesday September 28th!). How I met him was quite simple. Rick met with everyone after the show!

He is just as funny off camera as he is on. He's honestly one of the funniest and nicest people I've ever met.

(You don't even want to begin to fathom the restraint it took me NOT to go all fangurly and write a huge post/report. :lol3:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I work at two places, one of them being outdoors. On Sunday there were a lot of Americans there. It was so cold, I froze my non existent testicles off! I served one customer and he said, "you look cold" to which I replied, "only a little bit :naughty:". I guess he saw me shivering and that my hands were so cold that they were turning red - nothing was keeping me warm, not even the touque they gave us! Anways, this man bought his stuff and went to his seat. A few minutes later he returned to order a hot chocolate. I gave him the hot chocolate and when I went to hand him his change he said, "it's for you". And walked away. He doesn't know how happy that made me. Nobody has ever done something for me like that!

(I later borrowed my manager's gloves and, boy, does that man have impeccable taste in warm gloves. :roftl:)

There may be a stereotype about Americans being rude or...whatever. But they were some of the kindest customers I've ever dealt with! Also, I guess it's a custom in the South because one man called me "ma'am". The way he said it was so sweet. :aah: In all seriousness, they were really nice. I know that's the case with any place in the world, but I'm hoping you get the point of my story...

Why don't you wear winter clothes girl?? You were freezing your ass off in the queue too. :roftl:

I would not describe Americans as rude. Their customer service is far superior to Canada's and I just find people more open, especially in the south. Even in NYC which is notorious for being harsh/rude, I found people a lot more helpful and welcoming. Manhattan was in complete chaos for the lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center but the cops were chatty and helpful. When you walk into Tiffany's they open the door for you and say "welcome". There are staff in the elevator to direct you as well.

Anyway nice story about the hot chocolate. I just had a hot chocolate from Tim's but no one gave it to me. :crybaby:

I work at two places, one of them being outdoors. On Sunday there were a lot of Americans there. It was so cold, I froze my non existent testicles off! I served one customer and he said, "you look cold" to which I replied, "only a little bit :naughty:". I guess he saw me shivering and that my hands were so cold that they were turning red - nothing was keeping me warm, not even the touque they gave us! Anways, this man bought his stuff and went to his seat. A few minutes later he returned to order a hot chocolate. I gave him the hot chocolate and when I went to hand him his change he said, "it's for you". And walked away. He doesn't know how happy that made me. Nobody has ever done something for me like that!

(I later borrowed my manager's gloves and, boy, does that man have impeccable taste in warm gloves. :roftl:)

There may be a stereotype about Americans being rude or...whatever. But they were some of the kindest customers I've ever dealt with! Also, I guess it's a custom in the South because one man called me "ma'am". The way he said it was so sweet. :aah: In all seriousness, they were really nice. I know that's the case with any place in the world, but I'm hoping you get the point of my story...

Awww, I'm from the South, I say "Yes Ma'am" and "No Sir" :teehee:

I didn't know it was only a Southern thing, I thought it was proper.. :roftl:

i always had great experiences when travelling to the USA, even in NY.

the only time i found a rude person in the USA was at a MacDonald's.

i was in miami & it was breakfast time. i asked for toasts (which they serve here in Canada) the employee said "sorry ma'am we don't serve toasts"

so i said, oh ok, i didn't know that, they serve them in canada.

to which she replied: "this is the United States of America ma'am"

:doh::sneaky2:

Why don't you wear winter clothes girl?? You were freezing your ass off in the queue too. :roftl:

I would not describe Americans as rude. Their customer service is far superior to Canada's and I just find people more open, especially in the south. Even in NYC which is notorious for being harsh/rude, I found people a lot more helpful and welcoming. Manhattan was in complete chaos for the lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center but the cops were chatty and helpful. When you walk into Tiffany's they open the door for you and say "welcome". There are staff in the elevator to direct you as well.

Anyway nice story about the hot chocolate. I just had a hot chocolate from Tim's but no one gave it to me. :crybaby:

I had to wear my uniform, but I had layers on underneath. And I forgot my mittens at home. :(

I guess I have to explore the US sometime. Because NYC sounds amazing. :aah: It's a stereotype that's not justified, I suppose. But there are some stereotypes that are. For example, "all Canadians are sexy". :mf_rosetinted:

PS: Did you get anything from Tiffany's? :teehee:

to which she replied: "this is the United States of America ma'am"

:doh::sneaky2:

I laughed a little bit at that. As if you didn't know what country you were in. :lol3:

I had to wear my uniform, but I had layers on underneath. And I forgot my mittens at home. :(

I guess I have to explore the US sometime. Because NYC sounds amazing. :aah: It's a stereotype that's not justified, I suppose. But there are some stereotypes that are. For example, "all Canadians are sexy". :mf_rosetinted:

PS: Did you get anything from Tiffany's? :teehee:

I laughed a little bit at that. As if you didn't know what country you were in. :lol3:

oh :naughty: i totally agree with the stereotype you mentioned above :aah:

yeah, she wasn't saying it in a nice way either. :naughty: and i mean miami is full of tourists from canada! i can't believe i was the first one ever to ask for toasts! :sneaky2:

oh :naughty: i totally agree with the stereotype you mentioned above :aah:

yeah, she wasn't saying it in a nice way either. :naughty: and i mean miami is full of tourists from canada! i can't believe i was the first one ever to ask for toasts! :sneaky2:

Of course! It's the truest of any stereotype out there.

In her defense, I don't think I've ever seen toast in McDonalds. Or maybe I haven't been to McDonalds for breakfast too often. :blink:

Of course! It's the truest of any stereotype out there.

In her defense, I don't think I've ever seen toast in McDonalds. Or maybe I haven't been to McDonalds for breakfast too often. :blink:

:naughty: i don't go to macdonald's often for breakfast, but i do know they have toasts!

we only went there cuz it was right by the beach & easy to get to.

i have to say that was the dirtiest macdonald's i've ever been to.

i find it annoying here when they pass the broom practically between your legs while you are eating. but i wished they would have used a broom in that one. the floor was full of sand & slippery! :naughty: