:doh: of course!! cuz drinking is alot more important then choosing a school for its academic qualities :roftl:

There's also the cultural experience too! :mf_rosetinted:

I can't believe people actually do that.

Blah. I guess it's a good thing I'm not into partying. :naughty:

I'm not Canadian, but I wish I were.. :mf_rosetinted:

Especially after hearing that Catchy tune, :roftl:

i thought lots of country was 21

in quebec, in is 18, but in ontario, it is 19

why? i don't know :dunno:

Not sure.. I just saw "somewhere" that we had the highest drinking age..

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/LegalDrinkingAge.html

The US isn't alone, also there with some others, I'll just move to Jamaica.. :mf_rosetinted:

That is weird, I don't think it's like that for states.. :blink:

You'll have to eat poutine.

Me either. :naughty: I know that some people here, when choosing which university to go to straight out of high school, want to go to university in Quebec because...:teehee:

My tour guide in NY talked about Poutine.. :teehee: I don't like gravy, so it doesn't interest me.. I do like fries though.. :naughty:

I don't think beer would taste good anyway.. atleast not by the smell of people's breath after they drink it. :aah:

HEY, CANADIANS!

77red and I are coming to Quebec in mid-August! We are more than thrilled to return to the Great White North: land of beavers and maple and loons (both the birds, and the people) :roftl:)

Oh girls!! I would love to see you again. I am closer than Mana but still too far I'm afraid. :aah:

Our airport taxes, etc. are so high here it's not like the US or the UK where you can just hop from city to city for $60-$100, it's more like $300-$400. And the train costs almost as much as flying. :sneaky2:

But the Quebec Mika fans are lovely, so I hope you are able to coordinate schedules with someone.

Hey did you ever write a report about your adventures in England? I remember asking you for it but I think you started having computer problems right after.

no wait.. its 19 in Ontario???????????:shocked::shocked:

i never knew that!!!!:blink::blink:

Yes. :sneaky2:

It was such a nuisance for me because I was working for a record company when I was 18 so I was always going to bars for work functions and concerts. They didn't have all ages shows in those days so I always had to find a way to sneak in.

I also got a ticket at a baseball game because they had a rule that you couldn't carry more than 2 beers at a time. I went with my (19 year old) friend up to the concession stand to get drinks for our group and I ended up having to carry some of the beers because of this rule. Then the cops stopped me and gave me a ticket because I wasn't old enough to carry beer. :aah:

Wait, it is different if you look at the map.. I never knew that. :aah:

Which map? I'm confused. :freak:

Yes. :sneaky2:

It was such a nuisance for me because I was working for a record company when I was 18 so I was always going to bars for work functions and concerts. They didn't have all ages shows in those days so I always had to find a way to sneak in.

I also got a ticket at a baseball game because they had a rule that you couldn't carry more than 2 beers at a time. I went with my (19 year old) friend up to the concession stand to get drinks for our group and I ended up having to carry some of the beers because of this rule. Then the cops stopped me and gave me a ticket because I wasn't old enough to carry beer. :aah:

:shocked::aah: ok, THATS annoying!!!!

i really had no idea!! i thought it was 18 everywhere :shocked: wow! Our country has weird laws!! :lmfao:!!!

Is driving 16 there too tho??:blink:

Is driving 16 there too tho??:blink:

Yes but I think there is some kind of graduated licensing procedure where you don't get a full license right away at 16 (or any age actually). Maybe iadoremika knows more about it.

When I was a kid you just took one driving test and they set you loose on the world. :shocked::teehee:

Yes but I think there is some kind of graduated licensing procedure where you don't get a full license right away at 16 (or any age actually). Maybe iadoremika knows more about it.

When I was a kid you just took one driving test and they set you loose on the world. :shocked::teehee:

:roftl::roftl:

haha!! im so happy i got my permit before they put the driving classes mandatory here!!:naughty: i never took a single class LOL:biggrin2:

I'll be driving next year.. watch out! :drive:

Our airport taxes, etc. are so high here it's not like the US or the UK where you can just hop from city to city for $60-$100, it's more like $300-$400. And the train costs almost as much as flying. :sneaky2:

Which map? I'm confused. :freak:

60-100$ :lmfao: I wish! :aah: it's expensive, we had to fly out of another state because the closest commercial airport (1 hour away) a flight to NYC was amost 600$ :shocked: so we drove the extra 2 hours and flew for 173$ which was a REALLY good deal! :biggrin2:

a map at the bottom of the link I posted, it shows the drinking limits in the States, In My state you only have to be 18 to drink and 21 to buy it.. :aah: I don't really plan on drinking anyway though..

60-100$ :lmfao: I wish! :aah: it's expensive, we had to fly out of another state because the closest commercial airport (1 hour away) a flight to NYC was amost 600$ :shocked: so we drove the extra 2 hours and flew for 173$ which was a REALLY good deal! :biggrin2:

Yes but you're quite far from NYC, right? Montreal is close to me. I went from LA > San Francisco > Seattle > Vancouver last year and the flights were really cheap between each city. I guess it depends on the time of year as well. The summer is always expensive.

Yes but you're quite far from NYC, right? Montreal is close to me. I went from LA > San Francisco > Seattle > Vancouver last year and the flights were really cheap between each city. I guess it depends on the time of year as well. The summer is always expensive.

I'm 10 hours by drive to NYC it was only about a 1 1/2 hour flight though. :original:

Oh, I don't know :dunno:

I know it's cheaper to fly on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and a flight from Charlotte to Atlanta in October is.. 122$

Hey did you ever write a report about your adventures in England? I remember asking you for it but I think you started having computer problems right after.

Ah no, I totally forgot! Damn, I'm happy someone was interested. :aah:

It is a graduated system. You have to, first, get your G1 (basically you read a book and take a written test). I think it's basically a permit. You have to have that for a year before you can take the road test (less than a year, 8 months I believe, if you take classes). Then you need to get your G2 I think it's pretty much the same system as above. After you get your G2, if you want to be a fully lisenced driver, you need to get your G. With each 'level' you get more 'privleges' (mainly the number of passengers you can have in your vehicle, I think).

Something along those lines at least.

I know someone, my age, who has his G. Some other people have their G1 and some have their G2.

I don't even have my G1. :fisch: I read the book a couple summers ago and, although I've heard the G1 test is really easy, I thought to myself, "f**k this, I'm sticking with public transit". :aah:

the weather today is 77F but it's quite humid.

we've been going through a heatwave for the last week, where our temperatures reached the 100s and the humidity was out of this world...

this cooler break is quite welcomed :naughty:

in august, you can still wear shorts, swim etc... but bring a hoodie or something for night time... but then again, we've had warm august months and cold ones.

the weather in maine and here is quite similar in the summer i think, so it should be a good indication.

let me know when you are in montreal, if i'm available, i'd like to meet you girls. perhaps i could convince a few others from montreal :teehee:

do you need a few ideas of places to see?

GUY! I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see you/any other Canadians you can wrangle up. We're going to arrive in Quebec Friday night (the 13th! :shocked:) and leave Sunday the 15th afternoon. If there is any time in there that you or other MFCers are available, myself and my sister (77red) would be beyond excited!

POUTINE! I have always wanted poutine. Do they make it in a flavor of maple?

Oh girls!! I would love to see you again. I am closer than Mana but still too far I'm afraid. :aah:

But the Quebec Mika fans are lovely, so I hope you are able to coordinate schedules with someone.

Christine! I was hoping you or Mana would be in the neighborhood, but if you're not I guess we can just go cry to ourselves and gorge on Tim Horton's donuts.

Honestly, I miss my Canadians like crazy! We have to meet up next tour, okay? Or maybe I can hide in your suitcase if you go to Europe between now and then :wink2:

Nono and I were looking at flights earlier this month and it was in the $270s to get from Texas to California in late August. It's all about picking the right airline and planning far enough ahead.

Flight shopping is a really bad habit of mine. I'll go on and search, and then be like "ooh, it's so cheap to get to NYC/California/Canada/the Caribbean, etc." Bad habit :aah:. Someday that willpower to not click the "purchase" button will fail me.

Nono and I were looking at flights earlier this month and it was in the $270s to get from Texas to California in late August. It's all about picking the right airline and planning far enough ahead.

Flight shopping is a really bad habit of mine. I'll go on and search, and then be like "ooh, it's so cheap to get to NYC/California/Canada/the Caribbean, etc." Bad habit :aah:. Someday that willpower to not click the "purchase" button will fail me.

I share that same habit with you.:roftl:

I saw a cheap ticket to Boston the other day! :shocked: it's very expensive to fly to Cali though.. what website do you use? I've used hotwire :dunno:

I'm a flying freak, I love airplanes.. :insane:

I share that same habit with you.:roftl:

I saw a cheap ticket to Boston the other day! :shocked: it's very expensive to fly to Cali though.. what website do you use? I've used hotwire :dunno:

I'm a flying freak, I love airplanes.. :insane:

I use Kayak.com, which gives tons of prices to choose from. If I'm flying domestically, Southwest is usually the cheapest option if you book ahead of time. American Airlines is so bleh, I hate honey-roasted peanuts and the grey color scheme.

Anyways, back to Canada .... :biggrin2:

GUY! I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see you/any other Canadians you can wrangle up. We're going to arrive in Quebec Friday night (the 13th! :shocked:) and leave Sunday the 15th afternoon. If there is any time in there that you or other MFCers are available, myself and my sister (77red) would be beyond excited!

*BUMP!* :teehee:

Montreal is really nice, I went there 3 years ago. It was a trip with school, and Montreal was the last day, so I honestly spent a lot of time sleeping. I was awake to check into our hotel, go to the BioDome, and to go to La Ronde. Other than that, I was asleep.

If you like amusement parks, I'd suggest going to La Ronde. It's really nice there.

Have fun, and eat lots of poutine and Tim Hortons.

Has anyone in Toronto (or who has visited Toronto, and perhaps went) been to Bandshell Park. There's a concert that I want to go to but my friend said she went to see a band with a friend (they saw Hedley) and she said it was horrible. :blink: I'll probably (as in: I will) be going, but I just wanted to know what other people thought.

http://www.explace.on.ca/planners_guide/venue/bandshell.php

Leaving home tomorrow -- we'll be in Montreal next weekend! It's crazy to know that this time next week ... I'll be eating Timbits ! ! !

Au revoir Austin, bonjour Montreal! :wub2:

don't forget the poutine :mf_rosetinted:

hope to see you! :huglove:

don't forget the poutine :mf_rosetinted:

hope to see you! :huglove:

Kira, if you even remotely like food that is bad for you, you are going to fall in love with poutine.

Today someone (a customer) was eating poutine and I almost snatched out of their hands it looked so delicious. :aah:

• 2 weeks later...