REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ House of Blues in Chicago: 05-02-2008

Niki27

Part 3...

All we can basiclly say was "WHAT A BLAST!" "BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES!". We wished we could of met Mika but we guess there will always be more times.

Lollipop was so great. The confetti and balloons were awesome. We got to touch a balloon while they were bouncing among the crowd. But you'd never believe that... DRUM ROLL PLEASE (perferably Cherisse)

WE CAUGHT A BALLOON!!! I, Megan saw it coming right towards me and I caught by the end and Haley helped me push it down to the floor. Someone snobby the whole concert to us said when we caught it if we were going to keep it and we just shook our heads YES!!! We've got a pic to prove it. Picture 3 people in a cab with it. I, Megan didn't even see the cab driver.:roftl:

Lollipopballoon001.jpg

We think we saw Melanie go out the doors so she must of been leaving. Our cousin was getting restless. We asked a few people about meeting Mika and none of them new. Kashia87 said that he might of went to the hotel. We guess there will be other times to meet him. We just can't believe that we were even like 5 feet away from Mika. Kashia87 got some great pics because she showed them to us outside by the House Of Blues sign. She took our picture since we didn't have a camera and said she would pm us or something. We think it was a good pic because we were posing with our balloon.

We also met the "Big Girl" by the front doors. I, Megan tapped her shoulder and said "Good Job". Haley said "You were great". She smiled and said thanks. So that was a bonus.

We left like 30-45minutes after the concert because our cousin was getting restless. We got a call from Leonita saying where we were and we said our hotel. She was wondering if we knew where to meet Mika or anything. I said did you have fun? and of course she said yeah. We told her that we caught a balloon. We didn't get to meet her darnit.

We are saving all the pics and videos so far. We didn't get to take pics so this is truly great that we get to have pictures.

We're probably forgeting something so we'll for sure post more.

Love Love

The Meyer Twins

Megan and Haley

p.s. All you MFC'ers are soooo flippen NICE!!! It was so nice to just say HI and think to ourselves that we know you. It was like family was there.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright!!! I have PICCYS!!!! They're not great.. but they're good..

I'm quite partial to the ones with the umbrella.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=244&l=d59e1&id=1135170008

It was so fun to meet you Kasia87!!! We think our cousin took the last pic of you. Do you have the pic of us??? Just wondering. The pics you took are awesome!!! We looked at some of them outside with you and we remember we loved the ones of Mika and the umbrella.

Love Love:wub2:

Meyer Twins

At the last concert, my boyfriend caught a balloon and ended up selling it for $20! :D

We told our cousin we wouldn't of sold it for $100. She didn't want us to keep it but we WEREN"T BACKING DOWN. We think we might of gotten a little evil. We suprised she didn't step a step back.

You should of seen me, Megan (I was the one holding it) going in this snazzy hotel with bright fabrics on, flashing hearts, rainbow scarves, and me holding that balloon. The door man opened up the door for me. We weren't embarrassed at all. TeeHee. We knew that balloon would hold so many memories.

lol yeah Hilary. He had grabbed one for me and a guy came up and asked if he could buy it for $40. Chris said "No, it's for my girlfriend." I said "What! Are you crazy? I can't fit it in the car and you should take the money!" Chris said "Okay." The guy responded saying he'd buy it for only $20...so Chris sold it. :D

Meyer Twins, that's so great! LOL I'm glad you stuck to your guns. Good job with taking a picture of it in it's full beauty. Now if the airs goes out, you'll still have a pic to look at. :)

Glad that we got to take the picture of the great balloon. Saw you up on stage. You were fab!! Also saw the pics of you and Mika. We would of sooo loved to meet him. We felt a bit of jealously going on.:roftl: We almost felt as though we did meet him because we were so close. Standing out in the rain since 3:30p.m. was a doozy but it was worth it. Met a lot of great people. There was these two guys in line that were boyfriends. They were standing right behind us and they were such sweethearts and giants. They were so tall. We showed them our A Year In Cartoon Motion book and one said "FUN!" and the other said later "Oh NO!" like he couldn't believe that the MFC did this. We showed them the names in the book and said that Melanie and Lollipop Monkey did the major process. Our cousin had a skirt on and one of them offered her his scarf. She said no and he said "It Ralph Lauren" and we both laughed!!!:roftl: He smiled. Our cousin said later that what difference did it make if it was Ralphs or not.:roftl:

See. We told you that we'd keep forgetting stuff.:naughty:

Hey guys, I finally got home just an hour ago. Haven't had a chance to read everyones reports, i started getting tired in the middle so i decided i better write mine before i fall asleep. It was a nightmare getting to and back from Chicago. I counted and I spend more time in an airport/plane longer than I actually was in Chicago. My flight was for mon. the 4th, we got there and found out that it had been delayed so we waited an extra hour or so, not so bad. Then we found out it was cancelled so I was really angry. Luckily we got a ticket for the next morning at 7:30. Then we drove back home, got like 3 hours of sleep and left for the airport again. Thanks to the time chage we got to Chicago round 10 and made it to the line around 10:30 to find Norwalk there with her fam. I didn't realize it was her till a long time after lol. We were lucky enough to be able to wait inside instead of outside in the horrible weather. Then going home was another nightmare because our first flight was cancelled again, and then the next flight we had was 6 hours delayed. I didn't even get to check out the school I wanted to apply to because the weather was so horrible, which was supposed to be the main reason for me to go to Chicago. Long story short, I was supposed to get home by 4pm and I made it home by 11pm.

Ok onto the important stuff.

I don't have much to add. Obviously the concert was amazing.

We saw Andy before the concert and I said to him he missed out not coming to film the line because we were having a party, he just laughed and said oh yea?" He filmed my posters that me and my cousin made. It said "Can we be lollipop girls? We still have our lollipops" I wish I could've sent a picture but I was in Italy when the lollipop contest was going on. Oh well.

Midway State was really good, they kept laughing at me and mili because we were the only ones dancing like crazy people.

Then Mika came on! It was really awesome cause we were front and center and that was my first time ever being that close. I've never been front row for anything before so I was quite special for me to be that close. Although after Relax with all the pushing I somehow ended up not quite in the second row but still not in the first row. As you know Mika's zipper was down so me and this guy would count to 3 and we'd all scream your zipper's down!" It took him ages to understand what we were saying and then finally we made the hand motion of pulling a zipper up and he got it and totally gave us the finger! "he was like I was wondering what the f*** you were all talking about. and once again i've made a tit of myself" Then in any other world he messed up on the keyboard which was funny because he made this face and started laughing as he sang through the song. During how much do you love me he read my poster and started laughing in the middle of the song, so we were happy that he saw it! Love Today was awesome, specially when Mika ran off and Cherise was banging on Mikey's bass while he was still playing the chords. I thought that was really cool. hm...what else

Oh yeah during holy johnny he saw me singing it and smiled at me:wub2: It was nice to have alot of eye contact during the show cause for those couple seconds it makes you feel like he's singing just to you.

As you might know it was mardi gra that day so people were throwing beads up on the state and during grace kelly he almost fell because he slipped on them. That's about it for the concert. Oh yeah during lollipop he started to pull people up but it was really hard to get over the barrier so I helped him as he pulled people i pushed them up. I was kinda disspointed not to be able to go up but then i felt fine after i saw how happy the people i pushed up were. he didn't really stick around after lollipop, prob. because there were a bunch of people on stage.

Then we went out to meet him. Security really didn't like that we were waiting for him, but there was only about 10 of us. We talked to many different people and they all either said he already left or that he was coming out threw a different door. it was very very cold so we couldn't wait any longer. After about 2 hours we gave up and all went home. I was lucky cause my hotel was right across from the venue.

I guess I got spoiled of getting to meet mika after all the concerts so the dissapointment was a lot bigger than it should have been. But as I write my report I got the excitement of the concert back so I'm not as dissapointed. It really was worth it for the concert because it was amazing! For the next time I just have to remember it's not part of his job to come out and meet fans every single time after a concert. I can imagine it would get quite tiresome.

Over all I'm glad I went, It was fun, and I'm so happy for the lollipop girls! Good job, I'm really happy someone got to meet him! :)

I feel like I'm forgetting some things so i'll post them if i remember them

Does anybody know if you can buy the tour shirts anywhere else? We missed out on them and we went down stairs and they wouldn't let us back up to get them.

http://mika.shop.musictoday.com/Default.aspx

It doesn't look like they have the most recent 2008 tour shirt

(it still shows the 2007 date), but

otherwise they have most everything that I saw for sale the other night.

dcdeb

I should be in bed! I have to wake up for class in 6 hours, but I can't stop reading everyone's stories about the show. I can't believe it's already been over 24 hours! lol

Can't wait till he comes back!

Thanks everyone for your reports, pics and videos:flowers2:

Melanie i'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get to have the yearbook signed. Maybe next time

We know. We had the yearbook too but was we didn't get it signed either. Oh well. Maybe next time. Right after the concert we said we already want to see him again. I said to myself "I WILL see him again.":wub2:

Forgot to add to our posts before that we really enjoyed Midway State. They were very good and we adored the guitar player on the right. He kept staring at us and we kept staring at him. He played the guitar and backup really well. People around us were smiling because they said "Our Country" of course because they are from Toronto.

Meyer Twins

P.S. Know we've said this before but: THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR POSTING PICS AND VIDEOS. Now we have them saved. Didn't get to take any pics so it truly HELPED!!!:punk::thumb_yello:

http://mika.shop.musictoday.com/Default.aspx

It doesn't look like they have the most recent 2008 tour shirt

(it still shows the 2007 date), but

otherwise they have most everything that I saw for sale the other night.

dcdeb

That is where we looked at. We wish we knew someone well that would be going to a later u.s. concert so they could buy two and we'd pay them back. It was such a bummer they wouldn't let us back up.

Meyer Twins