REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ House of Blues in Chicago: 05-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok: PICTURES:

They are all backstage though, none of the concert.

these are the drawings emily gave mika. they are "not crap"

LollipopGIRL-11.jpg

Me and Meeks

LollipopGIRL-10.jpg

Christina giving mika some good tea.

LollipopGIRL-09.jpg

Mika talking to Pryvet, the lights manager.

LollipopGIRL-08.jpg

more to come...

Ooh! fantastic photos! Really really nice!i'll be waiting for more!

Once the band went on, we went to watch Mika from backstage. We were hiding behind Mika's trashcan drum with all the flowers. We knew it was Mika's drum because we saw "MIKA" written on the stand. We did not get to see too much of Mika on stage but we could hear him and we all sung along. The HOB had televisions all over so we could see Mika in the TV's that were in the back and in the balcony.

It was really great to see the audience's reactions to Mika and saw how much everyone was really enjoying his performance. He sounded GREAT and he seemed so happy to be there and with the audience's responses. We got to see him talk to his band members and conduct them with his hand signals. We all agreed that the best moment was during Love Today when he got up on the drum set, shirtless and did his wiggly dance. We got to see his face and he looked truly happy and he looked like he was really enjoying the whole performance.

We had worked out some things we were going to do on stage but the stage was so small, we didn't want to knock into anything or anyone. At one point, Mika turned around and faced me a said "Jump, jump!" and started jumping up and down so I jumped up and down with him and everyone joined it. It was alot of fun hitting the big balloons back at the audience.

The other lollipop girls did such a great job already with their reports, I don't think there is anything else I need to add.

This was my first Mika concert. The other LG's and the BG had already seen him at the Metro in Chicago last year. I wish I could go to another Mika concert so that I could him live myself but what we experienced could not be beat!

ok: PICTURES:

They are all backstage though, none of the concert.

these are the drawings emily gave mika. they are "not crap"

LollipopGIRL-11.jpg

Me and Meeks

LollipopGIRL-10.jpg

Christina giving mika some good tea.

LollipopGIRL-09.jpg

Mika talking to Pryvet, the lights manager.

LollipopGIRL-08.jpg

more to come...

Thanks for taking a picture of me giving Mika the tea. I have to say, wearing wigs really ruin a hairstyle!

You lolli girls are extremely lucky! Thanks for sharing your experience :)

I SO WISH I COULD HAVE MET HIM AGAIN :(

It's incredibly dissapointing for me... I know i'm not the only one on the forums, but I kept thinking about his night... throughout everything...the production of the yearbook took a huge toll on me...and I thought it would be worth it... and IT WAS...because he liked it... But I just wish he could have signed my copy... I'll say it everyday, but I don't know what I'm feeling right now...

I guess guilt and regret for not submitting my pic for the contest! I didn't want to miss the show though:(

But all of the pictures are lovely:wink2:

Wow! What great Lollipop Girls -- and so many of them! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for all the reports and photos -- I'm on my way to youtube now...

Guess we better savor and store up all these

experiences now... we may have a long,

dry spring while Mika's in the studio recording... :naughty:

dcdeb

Long dry spring??? Well we, over here, are into our 7th consecutive MIKA-GIG-FREE month right now. I think I could handle just the spring....:mf_rosetinted:

Something makes me think it might be longer than that....

I just realized I haven't posted my concert experience so far! It's not that glamorous. I didn't get to be a lollipop girl, :thumbdown: but I guess that's a good thing. lol! :naughty:

Anyway...

I got out of school at noon, went to Taco Bell with my friend then went home (I live downtown). My 2 friends were almost in the city (one was coming from the west 'burbs and one was coming from southern Illinois). Once they got here, we had some time to kill, so we wandered around outside since it was still decent out. We got a couple copies of the RedEye paper to see if Mika was mentioned in it, and there was a picture of him and just a blurb listing the concert. Then we went to eat at Houlihans (sp) since they were hungry. I wasn't that hungry so I just got the lettuce wraps. blah blah blah

We left my building at about 5ish, and I live about an 8 minute walk from the HOB, so it's real convenient! We went right in line (and I'm kicking myself that I forgot to take a picture of the marquee with Mika listed on it!). The weather wasn't THAT bad (I guess I'm used to it!). I was just wearing a hoodie over my shirt and then jeans, and I was fine. My hands were cold. Someone found an earring on the ground and they were passing it up the line to try and find its owner. The girls in front of us refused to pass it up (it's not that gross! jeez), so I went up a few more feet and found some considerate people. (Sorry if that was any of you! haha)

The doors opened around 6 and the guards were telling everyone "NO CAMERAS" and whatnot. Then they separated the line into people over 21 and under 21. We got mad because it seemed like all the minors were getting in before us and would be up front! GRR. I had my camera shoved in my pants by a my crotch :blush-anim-cl:. My friend put hers in her purse between the fabric layers, so it was well hidden. Once we got in, they were wanding people down with the metal detector things (good thing my belt had a buckle on it, so they thought that was setting it off, and not my camera!). When I was there in November to see M.I.A., the security was just patting people down a little--so this was completely different. My friend wasn't as lucky. The lady grabbed her purse to look into it, and I guess the camera got pushed out of the pocket, so she had to check it in! Last time when her and I saw Mika, her camera died right before the show started! Poor her!

We got situated in the pit and tried our best to hold our ground. There was a group of kids that formed behind us that wouldn't shut up and their plan to get close to the front. The opening act was alright. I didn't think they fit in with Mika though. Yada yada yada Mika came out. While some beg to differ, I thought the time between Midway State and Mika was short. Maybe because the last concert I saw (M.I.A.) didn't start till nearly 2am! (it was a late night concert that started at like midnight).

At first I was worried that it was going to be the same show as in June, but he redeemed himself. I love his performance wise. I'm a huge Gwen Stefani fan, and the best thing I like her, is the way she performs and treats her fans. And I really feel the same way about Mika. He really delivers and definitely loves his fans. I mean, without us, where would he be? He definitely wouldn't have sold out 2 times in Chicago! The crowd there was great. I've been in some awful GA concert pits full of drunk, obnoxious people. But with Mika, for the most part, everyone stays in their spot and doesn't ransack everyone around them. There was this one really drunk couple by us though that kept pissing us (and everyone around them) off. The guy was the same height and size, if not smaller than the girl he was with. And she kept saying she couldn't see, so he spent probably half of the concert trying to lift her up, she just kept dragging him down. Everyone was yelling at them to stop being stupid.

Other than that, it was another great Mika experience. A great first concert of 2008 for me!!!

Afterwards, we hit the bars and met up with friends, while showing off our cool HOB wristbands. lol

Oh my god, we must say. There isn't really any words to describe what we saw last night, other than DELICIOUS!!! For our first time seeing Mika, it was the best thing that had ever happened to us!

Our cousin picked us up in our hometown at around 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday. We must say that we were quite nervous and hoped that Mika was there and that it wouldn't be cancelled. We always think the worst. Anyways about an hour and a half after we started driving I answered my cell and Kjoshi answered it. I couldn't hardly make it out because my signal was bad, sorry Kjoshi, I probably sounded like an idiot. But anyways she told us about Pass the Line. We thought that was so stupid that the HOB didn't tell us about that days before the concert. The roads were awesome for us and we arrived at Chicago around 1:00 p.m.

We checked in to the hotel Rafeallo (which is totally nice) and we got dressed and were pushing our cousing to hurry up. We then got a call from Leonita and she said that they will be arriving at the venue in about a half hour. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet you Leonita and unfortunately we didn't get Pass The Line either. We thought it was 3p.m. that the restaurant closed but Leonita said it was 2p.m. and it was 5 till when we left the hotel so we were sooooo close to getting Pass The Line.

We arrived at the HOB entrance at around 2:30 p.m. and checked out the shop and said hi to some of the MFC'ers that were sitting on the floor. We were standing by the store entrance and all the sudden we saw somebody come in and it was MARTIN!!! He was dressed in a kind of a tan trench coat and looked super cute. We had to look like idiots standing there gawking at him, but words couldn't come out. We smiled and he starred at us for a minute and smiled. He casually walked up the stairs to the stage. Martin we will remember that forever!! Us two were basically the only people standing around the gift shop at that time. Then we heard later that if we bought something at the shop we would of got to pass the line which we totally would of done. But we can't believe we saw Martin. I looked and Haley said "Megan Look" and I kept looking and we were in awe that we couldn't say anything. All of our eyes locked and we were just smiling and he SMILED RIGHT AT US!!!

One word for you: COLD!!!!! It really takes some true fans to stand outside in the sleety rain, we are telling you. We were the first in line outside and it felt like heaven coming in. We made some really good friends outside. Christine and her family were behind us a few people and we hugged and we asked her if she was nervous about being a lollipop girl. Her sons were very cute and were telling everybody what there fav songs were. We looked down the line and said Hi to Melanie (didn't look at your heels) and said that we brought our yearbook, but we didn't get it signed. You were very nice. That is too bad that you were sick.

Our cousin sat on one of the bar stools in the back while we stood by the stage. We were in the second/third row to the center/right. We could see reasonably well but for the mean guy in the first row. They kept getting drinks and coming back. They were very pushy. We met kashia87 She was standing by us and got some great pictures. We didn't bring a camera because we thought it was prohibited (we should of anyway). All three of us were screaming sooo hard. It was major fun.

Don't want this to be so long so putting are doing a part 2.

I just realized I haven't posted my concert experience so far! It's not that glamorous. I didn't get to be a lollipop girl, :thumbdown: but I guess that's a good thing. lol! :naughty:

Anyway...

I got out of school at noon, went to Taco Bell with my friend then went home (I live downtown). My 2 friends were almost in the city (one was coming from the west 'burbs and one was coming from southern Illinois). Once they got here, we had some time to kill, so we wandered around outside since it was still decent out. We got a couple copies of the RedEye paper to see if Mika was mentioned in it, and there was a picture of him and just a blurb listing the concert. Then we went to eat at Houlihans (sp) since they were hungry. I wasn't that hungry so I just got the lettuce wraps. blah blah blah

We left my building at about 5ish, and I live about an 8 minute walk from the HOB, so it's real convenient! We went right in line (and I'm kicking myself that I forgot to take a picture of the marquee with Mika listed on it!). The weather wasn't THAT bad (I guess I'm used to it!). I was just wearing a hoodie over my shirt and then jeans, and I was fine. My hands were cold. Someone found an earring on the ground and they were passing it up the line to try and find its owner. The girls in front of us refused to pass it up (it's not that gross! jeez), so I went up a few more feet and found some considerate people. (Sorry if that was any of you! haha)

The doors opened around 6 and the guards were telling everyone "NO CAMERAS" and whatnot. Then they separated the line into people over 21 and under 21. We got mad because it seemed like all the minors were getting in before us and would be up front! GRR. I had my camera shoved in my pants by a my crotch :blush-anim-cl:. My friend put hers in her purse between the fabric layers, so it was well hidden. Once we got in, they were wanding people down with the metal detector things (good thing my belt had a buckle on it, so they thought that was setting it off, and not my camera!). When I was there in November to see M.I.A., the security was just patting people down a little--so this was completely different. My friend wasn't as lucky. The lady grabbed her purse to look into it, and I guess the camera got pushed out of the pocket, so she had to check it in! Last time when her and I saw Mika, her camera died right before the show started! Poor her!

We got situated in the pit and tried our best to hold our ground. There was a group of kids that formed behind us that wouldn't shut up and their plan to get close to the front. The opening act was alright. I didn't think they fit in with Mika though. Yada yada yada Mika came out. While some beg to differ, I thought the time between Midway State and Mika was short. Maybe because the last concert I saw (M.I.A.) didn't start till nearly 2am! (it was a late night concert that started at like midnight).

At first I was worried that it was going to be the same show as in June, but he redeemed himself. I love his performance wise. I'm a huge Gwen Stefani fan, and the best thing I like her, is the way she performs and treats her fans. And I really feel the same way about Mika. He really delivers and definitely loves his fans. I mean, without us, where would he be? He definitely wouldn't have sold out 2 times in Chicago! The crowd there was great. I've been in some awful GA concert pits full of drunk, obnoxious people. But with Mika, for the most part, everyone stays in their spot and doesn't ransack everyone around them. There was this one really drunk couple by us though that kept pissing us (and everyone around them) off. The guy was the same height and size, if not smaller than the girl he was with. And she kept saying she couldn't see, so he spent probably half of the concert trying to lift her up, she just kept dragging him down. Everyone was yelling at them to stop being stupid.

Other than that, it was another great Mika experience. A great first concert of 2008 for me!!!

Afterwards, we hit the bars and met up with friends, while showing off our cool HOB wristbands. lol

Awww....You're jealous, aren't you, Eric? :naughty:

Part 2...

All of us were singing so hard and jumping up and down that the floor shook. We're sure Mika looked our way many times. We loved Stuck In The Middle and we all sounded freakishly awesome with the Zoop Ba Ba stuff. Mika shifted his hand at the end when we all had to repeat a really long one. We rememeber Mika looking at Mikey in awe because we sang some words to Happy Ending dead on. Mika just seemed sooooo happy that were all singing.

We remember him saying about his songs not really being put on radio but is concerts sell out and when he said that his songs arn't being played much on the radio we all went BOO!!! And we said BOO!!! back to us.

It was funny when people motioned that his fly was undone. We saw him looking at some people and said "What" or something like that and then he noticed and had a huge smile. He got up and looked at his band with a smile on his face, zipped up his pants, and gave the finger. He covered it up partially. We both laughed!!!

There is so many things in our head that we can't seem to type fast. We were singing along to every song and us and kashia87 were singing along to How Much Do You Love Me. We didn't hear much people around us singing to it. We got a couple of glances from people standing by us and they looked stunned that we new the lyrics. We're sure that only the MFC'ers sang along to that.

Loved how he got on the big M and on the drums. The whole trash can drumming was fab!!!

Lollipop was delicious!!! All The Lollipop girls were great!!! Amanda from MO. We were so mad that we didn't get to meet you. Maybe if Mika does Chicago again or St. Louis we'll meet you. Did you say anything about the MFC by any chance? Just wondering. The pics you posted are so great as goes for everyone else that posted.

End of part 2

Meyer Twins, I was disappointed about not getting to meet you all! My sister was so worried about the weather that as soon as she saw me she hurried me off to the car to leave. :( I wish I could have met all of the MFCers in line.

Hopefully if Mika does Chicago again (or St Louis, hopefully!!) we can meet up!!!