REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ House of Blues in Chicago: 05-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remembered- before Mika's set started, it sounded like they played a snippet of the original 'Hair' song that we now know as Mika's infamous New Year's Eve "Ain't Got No Chicken" song- it was pretty funny!

I heard that too and started laughing!!! I was like, well he surely knows what song to use!

Amanda: Great report!!!

And since i had nearly the same expericence, I'll just add my two cents into it.

I arrived at the HOB around 4:45 ish. I was the first lollipop girl to get there, and so i just waited on a bench for some time. Then around 5:10ish (?) Christina came, and we chatted for a while. 10 minutes after that Emily came, and then we waited for Amanda. After Nady came and got us we went to the little room. It was really cold in there, and cellphones had absoluetly NO reception. But eh, it was fine. Mikey came in and we all said stuff like "Hey, how you doing?" and he gave a quick reply and left. Nadya gave us our all access passes, which is so much fun to have! You can walk around and when people look at you and ask you questions, you show it to them and BAM! Instant access Anywhere! lol. It was great getting to meet the others (Christina, Emily, and Amanda, and the Big Girl (i dont think we ever asked her her name :boxed: ))

When we went up to get dressed, Yasmine was hemming up one of Saranayde's big dresses (the missionary man one i think). Also, in that basket of silver shoes and socks was a pair of his underwear. that would have made an excellent souveneir!

The one thing that i kept thinking up until i had the pink dress on and a pink bow in my fake blond hair was: I can not beleive this is actually happening to ME! After swithcing my really short dress with Christina we went back down to the small room.

haha, there was this guy that would walk in the room and just go "WOAH! THAT IS TOO MUCH PINK! MY EYES! It looks like a Smurf exploded!" haha.

We had to wait a while before going behind stage to watch the show. The love today trash can and flowers hid us, but also disrupted our view. Big girl was with us that whole time, and she did a great job during Big Girl. There was an elevator behind us while we were watching, which would open and shut at various times, people would be walking behind us all the time, and it was slight aggitating.

During Any Other World, it sunk into my mind that I was experiencing something very few people get to experience. I started to tear up a bit, i always do, when the crowd sang along with him and he looked genuinely happy.

During Love Today when Mika was standing on the drums, we really did have the best view!!! His face was great! He looked so ammused and almost giddy!

Dancing on stage during lollipop was phenominal!! I had so much fun and i wasnt nervous at all! Except that during the "Woah-ohh Woah-ohh Woah-ohh Lollipop!" bit someone hit my wig and it fell off!!!!! But it was ok i think.

After getting our costumes off and going to the room i stuck my head out of a side door so i could call my mom and tell her i'd be a few minutes, mika was going to come down and see us. When i finally got through to her cell, a guy goes "Are you one of the Lollipop girls waiting to see Mika?" and i reply "Yeah" to which he says "Oh. He's just went in there now" And i thought he was joking. So i just turned around and was completely surprised to actually see Mika in the room with us. I think i may have said "Oh, he's here." but i'm not sure.

When the other lollipop girls were done giving mika his gifts (christine gave him so good tea, Emily gave him some amazing drawings which he said were "not crap" and a giant lollipop, he turned to me. He looked at me for a second and i looked at him. And i said "I'm sorry, I don't have anything for you!" He just said "Aww it's Ok and gave me a sort of half hug. I got a picture with him, and a few others that ill share in a bit.

Last night was truly incredible. I had never met Mika before, so being able to go and dance with him on stage and have such a lovely private meeting afterwards was just fantastic.

And since i had nearly the same expericence, I'll just add my two cents into it.

I arrived at the HOB around 4:45 ish. I was the first lollipop girl to get there, and so i just waited on a bench for some time. Then around 5:10ish (?) Christina came, and we chatted for a while. 10 minutes after that Emily came, and then we waited for Amanda. After Nady came and got us we went to the little room. It was really cold in there, and cellphones had absoluetly NO reception. But eh, it was fine. Mikey came in and we all said stuff like "Hey, how you doing?" and he gave a quick reply and left. Nadya gave us our all access passes, which is so much fun to have! You can walk around and when people look at you and ask you questions, you show it to them and BAM! Instant access Anywhere! lol. It was great getting to meet the others (Christina, Emily, and Amanda, and the Big Girl (i dont think we ever asked her her name :boxed: ))

When we went up to get dressed, Yasmine was hemming up one of Saranayde's big dresses (the missionary man one i think). Also, in that basket of silver shoes and socks was a pair of his underwear. that would have made an excellent souveneir!

The one thing that i kept thinking up until i had the pink dress on and a pink bow in my fake blond hair was: I can not beleive this is actually happening to ME! After swithcing my really short dress with Christina we went back down to the small room.

haha, there was this guy that would walk in the room and just go "WOAH! THAT IS TOO MUCH PINK! MY EYES! It looks like a Smurf exploded!" haha.

We had to wait a while before going behind stage to watch the show. The love today trash can and flowers hid us, but also disrupted our view. Big girl was with us that whole time, and she did a great job during Big Girl. There was an elevator behind us while we were watching, which would open and shut at various times, people would be walking behind us all the time, and it was slight aggitating.

During Any Other World, it sunk into my mind that I was experiencing something very few people get to experience. I started to tear up a bit, i always do, when the crowd sang along with him and he looked genuinely happy.

During Love Today when Mika was standing on the drums, we really did have the best view!!! His face was great! He looked so ammused and almost giddy!

Dancing on stage during lollipop was phenominal!! I had so much fun and i wasnt nervous at all! Except that during the "Woah-ohh Woah-ohh Woah-ohh Lollipop!" bit someone hit my wig and it fell off!!!!! But it was ok i think.

After getting our costumes off and going to the room i stuck my head out of a side door so i could call my mom and tell her i'd be a few minutes, mika was going to come down and see us. When i finally got through to her cell, a guy goes "Are you one of the Lollipop girls waiting to see Mika?" and i reply "Yeah" to which he says "Oh. He's just went in there now" And i thought he was joking. So i just turned around and was completely surprised to actually see Mika in the room with us. I think i may have said "Oh, he's here." but i'm not sure.

When the other lollipop girls were done giving mika his gifts (christine gave him so good tea, Emily gave him some amazing drawings which he said were "not crap" and a giant lollipop, he turned to me. He looked at me for a second and i looked at him. And i said "I'm sorry, I don't have anything for you!" He just said "Aww it's Ok and gave me a sort of half hug. I got a picture with him, and a few others that ill share in a bit.

Last night was truly incredible. I had never met Mika before, so being able to go and dance with him on stage and have such a lovely private meeting afterwards was just fantastic.

OMG that sounds amazing i started tearing up just reading it lol! how i wish i were u!!!!!!!

What a great experience - thanks for sharing it!! :thumb_yello:

My feet started to hurt sooo incredibly bad!

Than, I heard the little tune from RELAX... I let out a huge scream and raised my arms in the air, ready to embrace my hero once again. We waited for him to come out, and he didn't just walk out...HE RAN OUT, LEAPING AND GLITTERING!! He did his signature move as he did his loud scream into the mic. When he said "RELAX" everyone started doing just the opposite, we were all jumping vigorously...I felt the floor SHAKING (kinda scary) I was standing on a platform, at the very edge so it was extra scary...I didn't want to fall off! But I kept dancing and jumping, clapping for MIKA

He was so smiley, and seemed extremely comfortable with us. Big girl came on next, and it was awesome!!!

At one point, a drunk guy next to me passed the barrier and took a flower from the stage... He walked up to the stage and held it up to MIKA! The guy put his hand to his heart and raised the flower ever so lovingly lol... and Mika took it with a smile:roftl:

Than he went to the piano, and before he sat down, someone must have pointed something out to him from the front row...

his zipper was down!!! Mika through his head back and giggled saying " Once again I've made a t*t out of myself!" That was hilarious!

So he played on the piano (can't remember the order) He got up to play RING RING...and it was very loud and very cool...people jumping roughly, Mika beautiful on the stage!

He went back to the piano, to play ANY OTHER WORLD... I knew he was about to play that song because he got very focused and closed his eyes alot. I prepared myself for this one, because it has very special meaning to me. I've said it before, but when Mika got the yearbook, I slipped in a card that told him that the next time he would be in Chicago singing "smile like you mean it" He should know that I would be in the audiences smiling up at my hero...the only person to ever make me smile and mean it. So i waited for that lyric, and he sang it so... I dunno, beautifully with alot of emphasize ...The look on his face was intense and wide eyed. I started to tear up, of course. During the last piano part of that song, he rose and accidently missed a note, there was a bang on the keys lol...suddenly his expression became a huge, cute giggly smile!

So than he played stuck in the middle I believe and people went wild! He dragged out that song for a long while...doing the "zop zop ba ba doo doo..." and having us repeat it...He stood and gave us the mic. WE ALMOST GOT EVERY "ZOP" UNTIL HE MADE IT EXTRA HARD... He was just so excited to have us sing his songs... and than He started just repeating "STUCK IN THE MIDDLE! STUCK IN THE MIDDLE!" having us repeat it as he did his thing! That was something different and cool!

So than, He sang Happy Ending! It was surreal, because that was one sing that I just knew I would be emotional on... My sister (who loves that song) was above us in the VIP sky box. I looked up at her and she was smiling down to me... It was pretty cool, because I knew that this was the song to make her a fan (she's an even bigger fan now!) So it was amazing hearing everyone unite in singing " Little bit of love!" He loved it...he really did!

He sang Billy Brown wonderfully, telling us the story of how they weren't going to let him release it... we all went "boooo" and he said booo back to us lol

Than I think he did a cover, missionary man.... he did sing how much do you love me! I loved that one... I was one of the few to know the lyrics...especially where I was standing. "doo doo doo doo doo" by the end everyone was singing that tune!

Than, he sang LOVE TODAY...the skeleton came out, mika opened his umbrella...paper snow fell on him... So amazing to see what I've seen on youtube right in front of me! I loved when he hugged the skeleton...it was so cute!

LOVE TODAY was gorgeous! Glorious fun... an acid trip! Mika went to the garbage can...and than went to a corner and took off his shirt!!! He went on the piano stand doing his dance, the muscles in his black glistening:mf_lustslow: Beautiful sight!

It was fat tuesday yesterday, and everyone kept throwing beaded necklaces at him!! Someone through him a necklace ( you know when you get thrown one of those, you're supposed to take your top off:roftl: ) Mika caught the necklace, stuck his toung out smiling and giggling...He lifted up his shirt to us exposing is belly!!! We all laughed and swooned!

That song ended and he changed into another jacket for Grace Kelly! Now, this song is my anthem, so I was really excited! EVERYONE KNEW AND LOVED THAT SONG, so he let us sing the colors back to him...

Than, I knew lollipop was next...He ran off smiling. Than like 30 seconds later, he came back out ( I had never seen him do that before) He;s supposed to go straight to the back, change into the costume and come out...

BUT, he came out before getting into the suit and while running, he clapped and bowed to us!

He had said before Grace Kelly I believe, that HOB was one of their favorite venues (that they had already decided this) and he thanked chicago for their support... He reminded us that it was only his second time in the city... He kept saying how appreciative he was. Than, he mentioned how it didn't matter that he gets virtually no radio support in the u.s because he's on his third tour out here! We all roared with applause!!!

So anyway, he left to change...the screen came up for lollipop, and we all chanted "MIKA MIKA MIKA" and they did their skit:naughty: Mika came out, and it was mayhem on stage!! Mika was soooooo cute dancing up there...all of the lolli girls were so good, and I really felt everyone's love in that room. Than, balloons started falling and confetti filled the air... I smiled and laughed... But at this point, my feet were killing me.

I can honestly say that, that was the worst pain I have ever been in, in my life!! I shouldn't have worn heels!!!

That basically closes my report....what an amazing time I had. The day started off so horribly, but all of the things I prayed for came true..... I am one thankful little camper!

Mandi I'm so glad everything turned out well. I knew it would be a great experience for you!

Now let me say this: I WAS FEELING REALLY REALLY SICK :(... Cramping up, and with a massive headache... It was just like last time!

Oh that really sucks. What terrible timing for a massive headache. I know how that is. :thumbdown:

Oh yeah, and I saw mandilambi! I know her from the No Doubt forum, and she's the reason I found this forum.

Welcome and thanks for your great report!

Aren't Smurfs blue? :blink::naughty:

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Okay people, all these reports are lovely and everything, but WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??? :sneaky2:

Aren't Smurfs blue? :blink::naughty:

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Okay people, all these reports are lovely and everything, but WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??? :sneaky2:

:naughty: I was thinking the same thing.

I know cameras weren't allowed in, but I also know some of you snuck them in, so come on, share them with us! :naughty:

So, lollipop finished, and mika said his thank you's! I just knew that I wouldn't be able to stay after the show. At this point, I was literally shaking. I had the worst cramps (yes, its that time:sneaky2: ) and my head was pounding... MY FEET OF COURSE were throbbing... I leaned on my cousin for support, trying to get to the exit.. I felt so light headed, and tired... I waited for my VIP group to come down stairs, and we were going to stay after but I decided not to, because I just couldn't take it.

you guys know that MIKA means everything to me and that I wanted nothing more than for him to sign my book! But I couldn't take it anymore.. I was so upset about it...because I honestly felt like he would come out (So far, everyone says that he didn't) so I guess its not so bad a decision.

As i was waiting for my sister, leaning against a pillar... noticeably in pain!!! Almost in tears, leaning against my heels to ease the pain of my toes:blink:

than suddenly, guess who walked by?

Not Mika...NATHAN!!! The lead singer of Midway State whom I had fallen in love with during their act!:mf_lustslow: It was funny because when I heard him warming up before... When we waited to be let up, I heard him singing and instantly knew that I loved him! It was so strange... I had no idea who he was or what he looked like!

So anyway, in the midst of writhing in pain... I looked to my right and saw Nathan walk by... I don't do this, ever! Suddenly, I felt an impulse! I felt so comfortable and calm around him lol... I just said with a smile " You were so amazing..." He turned and smiled at me shyly saying "Ohh, thank you!" than I said , "Yeah, I loved you!" :mf_lustslow: He said "awww, thanks!" Such a sweet heart.

So, the outcome didn't come out the way I wanted... I didn't get my yearbook signed :( BUT, I did become a huge fan of Midway State and I have alot of fond memories from this gig...Mika's fly opening, Nathan smiling at me from the stage:wub2:

It was over all, alot of fun!

I didn't take any pictures, but my sister and brother in law were allowed to have their cameras in the VIP sky box...so they recorded alot of songs... i'll try to post them soon.

I do need pics for my myspace, so if anyone is willing to share that would be great!!!

So it's been almost 24 hours from the show, but I'm kinda anal about pictures and stuff... but finally

HERE THEY ARE!!!

http://kendall.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003029&l=20967&id=102900006

I'm going to label them all now. ENJOY!!!!

If you have facebook, add me! I've got like 2 Mika friends. lol

Nice pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing them