REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ House of Blues in Chicago: 05-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the answer, dcdeb, I was hoping to get a tour shirt. I didn't even see where they were selling them. I also wanted a couple of those Mika keychains that I saw online.

Mandilambi, I'm glad you liked the pictures.

Meyer Twins, how are you doing today?

Christina

We're doing really well today. Our muscels hurt and there are bruises. Thanks for asking how we're doing. That was very sweet. We keep saying that this is like a second home. All our family was there/or on the phone constantly and we knew that we were loved by a lot of people.

LOVED THE ARTICLE!!!:wub2: Although we disagreed on the whole falling flat thing.

I have to disagree with the part about the show falling flat at Any Other World though. It was a beautiful ballad. What are you supposed to do, jump up and down during it? No.

We absolutley agree!!! It's a beautiful ballad so we didn't jump up and down. We were wondering what song was it when Mika looked at his band in awe because we all kept singing along with him. LOVED WHEN HE DID THAT. That moment will be in our minds forever.:blush-anim-cl:

there were no flat moments in the show.

The author has not been thoroughly Mikafied yet!

Agreed! Not yet Mikafied.:thumb_yello::roftl:

Girls, I am so happy! Look what I just found!:

http://www.exposay.com/the-midway-state-link-up-with-mika-in-concert-at-the-house-of-blues---february-5-2008/v/17291/3/

Lots of professional pictures from the show! YAY!

PS I think that is Kjoshi and Taylor in one of the pictures!

Thanks for finding that! It's nice to see what I missed. Too bad there weren't even MORE pictures.

http://www.exposay.com/the-midway-state-link-up-with-mika-in-concert-at-the-house-of-blues---february-5-2008/v/17291/3/

Yeah, I definitely see Kjoshi, don't know who Taylor is though...

OMG OMG OMG!!! Those are such great pics! Thanks a bunch Amanda!!!

stupid me...as i dun have time to catch up with this thread

when i click on the link, i think, omg he's wearing a wig ....

the-midway-state-the-midway-state-link-up-with-mika-in-concert-at-the-house-of-blues-february-5-2008-0ppsDc.jpg

:roftl:

mika-the-midway-state-link-up-with-mika-in-concert-at-the-house-of-blues-february-5-2008-1fsnf5.jpg

:wub2: :wub2:

So i have a quick question if anybody is willing to answer...

What is Mika's usual protocol with fans? Like what does he normally do for them?

I know he'll give them hugs and take pics and sign things, but does he kiss him on the cheek or let them kiss him like that or do anything special for photos?

So i have a quick question if anybody is willing to answer...

What is Mika's usual protocol with fans? Like what does he normally do for them?

I know he'll give them hugs and take pics and sign things, but does he let them kiss him on the cheek or let them kiss him like that or do anything special for photos?

i don't know if he'd do it at anytime but he's done it a few times before :bleh:

Just found this....not much and no pictures. :(

"Mika graced the intimate environs of House of Blues Chicago along with the Midway State and they blew the roof off the joint. The weather might have been dreary in Chicago, but you wouldn't have know it from the energetic crowd. Apparently, The Midway State had to trek 600 miles to get to Chicago, but the group showed no signs of fatigue during their great opening for Mika. Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" announced Mika's arrival to the crowd. He started the show with "Relax, Take It Easy," and then immediately launched into "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)," where an inflatable, big beautiful girl loomed over the stage. It was not unusual to hear the adoring fans screaming, "I love you Mika" throughout the show. By the time Mika tackled the Eurythmics' "Missionary Man," he pretty much had the entire audience in the palm of his hand. After several minutes of applause, Mika--ever the showman--told the audience that House of Blues Chicago, was by far his "favorite venue.""

"Mika graced the intimate environs of House of Blues Chicago along with the Midway State and they blew the roof off the joint. The weather might have been dreary in Chicago, but you wouldn't have know it from the energetic crowd. Apparently, The Midway State had to trek 600 miles to get to Chicago, but the group showed no signs of fatigue during their great opening for Mika. Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" announced Mika's arrival to the crowd. He started the show with "Relax, Take It Easy," and then immediately launched into "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)," where an inflatable, big beautiful girl loomed over the stage. It was not unusual to hear the adoring fans screaming, "I love you Mika" throughout the show. By the time Mika tackled the Eurythmics' "Missionary Man," he pretty much had the entire audience in the palm of his hand. After several minutes of applause, Mika--ever the showman--told the audience that House of Blues Chicago, was by far his "favorite venue.""

the 'i love you mika' part of the concert really gets on my nerves :naughty: it's better if they say it in between songs but when he's playing any other world shut up!

:roftl: When he walked out, I was like "WOW... I love him!"

He's a combination of Slash and MIKA to me:wub2:

yeah, I have a crush on him :P

We can tell!:roftl: We loved the guitarist on the right side of the stage (in front of us) ourselves. He kept looking our way.:wub2:

Great article overall. We don't know about anyone else but Mika had us in the palm of his hand.:wub2::mf_lustslow: