REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ House of Blues in Chicago: 05-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so you know how my sisters and my friends (the mosh pit scardy cats) were in the VIP skybox??? Well, my sister told me something funny, that she saw Mika kept looking up at them:mf_lustslow: and I noticed that too! I was like "Hey!!! I'm down here Mika!" Since there weren't many in the VIP sections besides his family and the others that could affort it lol... I'm wondering what he was thinking?

My sister is very recognizable, and Mika's seen her twice with me...we all know he's got an amazing memory... I think maybe he remembered her:blush-anim-cl: and than of course hopefully somewhere in that head of his he rememered me...

The videos on youtube, especially grace kelly, any other world and happy ending I believe have a few shots of him looking up that way for long instances...

I was soooooo jealous of my sisters lol...

Since his family was in a sky box, maybe he was looking up to see which one they were in. I don't know, just a thought.

Since his family was in a sky box, maybe he was looking up to see which one they were in. I don't know, just a thought.

He did look SEVERAL times, so I suppose by the 12th time he would have figured out that it wasn't his family:wink2:

You had to have been there I guess... His family was pretty noticable anyway, the only ones with camera flashes and a guy with a video camera leaning on the balcony

I've emailed the shop to see if they also carry the shirts with the 2008

tour dates -- I'll let you know when they get back to me! :thumb_yello:

Well, I FINALLY heard back from the Mika shop about the 2008 shirts,

and I'm not satisfied. It's basically a form reply that makes you wonder

if they really read the email:

Hello,

Our Website is a direct reflection of all available items and sizes we offer for sale. Artists' merchandise is limited to the items, colors and sizes listed in our online store.

If you are looking for an item or size that is not displayed for sale on the Website, then we currently do not stock that item or size and have no information as to other retail outlets that might carry it, or if we will stock it in the future.

If an item is pictured, but does not include an option for purchase, then we do not currently stock that item.

Be sure to check the Website regularly to see if specific items or sizes becomes available.

Sincerely,

Matthew

Customer Service

http://www.musictoday.com

Toll Free (US): 877-MUSIC-77 (877-687-4277)

International: 001-434-244-7300

So.... with that said... I think I'll give a call to the toll-free number

and see if they're more helpful when you speak to them directly.

Otherwise, you might want to see if one of the ladies going to the

LA or SF shows would be willing to help you out...

Sorry it's not more positive news :(

dcdeb

He did look SEVERAL times, so I suppose by the 12th time he would have figured out that it wasn't his family:wink2:

You had to have been there I guess... His family was pretty noticable anyway, the only ones with camera flashes and a guy with a video camera leaning on the balcony

like he said in an interview once he tries to make the concert the same for the people in the balconies the same as it is for the people in the first row so he just looks up there to show that he notices they're there :bleh: maybe it was just me but i didn't notice him look up there that much :naughty:

like he said in an interview once he tries to make the concert the same for the people in the balconies the same as it is for the people in the first row so he just looks up there to show that he notices they're there :bleh: maybe it was just me but i didn't notice him look up there that much :naughty:

yeah lol, it was just you:naughty:

come to think of it, that boy looked at me ONCE during the whole show...cuz I wasn't in the center and he hardly came to our side :o

But yeah, that little second was nice... even though there were tall people impairing my vision and his:sneaky2:

NEXT TIME!

i guess you'll have to stand in line longer next time.. it's not thier fault their tall :naughty:

Deb, thanks for sharing that. I was quite disappointed that I didn't get to buy any merch, but there was absolutely no time for me to do so. I wish they would put them up after the entire concert....who knows.

I am so happy right now....because Christina sent me her pics from after the show. She got quite a few pics of me and Mika when I showed him the picture of us from June! Those pics really made my day. :)

Well, I FINALLY heard back from the Mika shop about the 2008 shirts,

and I'm not satisfied. It's basically a form reply that makes you wonder

if they really read the email:

Hello,

Our Website is a direct reflection of all available items and sizes we offer for sale. Artists' merchandise is limited to the items, colors and sizes listed in our online store.

If you are looking for an item or size that is not displayed for sale on the Website, then we currently do not stock that item or size and have no information as to other retail outlets that might carry it, or if we will stock it in the future.

If an item is pictured, but does not include an option for purchase, then we do not currently stock that item.

Be sure to check the Website regularly to see if specific items or sizes becomes available.

Sincerely,

Matthew

Customer Service

http://www.musictoday.com

Toll Free (US): 877-MUSIC-77 (877-687-4277)

International: 001-434-244-7300

So.... with that said... I think I'll give a call to the toll-free number

and see if they're more helpful when you speak to them directly.

Otherwise, you might want to see if one of the ladies going to the

LA or SF shows would be willing to help you out...

Sorry it's not more positive news :(

dcdeb

Hi. I received the exact same email word for word, AND from Matthew too. We are ticked off. Maybe they will put the new shirts online after his tour ends in February.

Deb, thanks for sharing that. I was quite disappointed that I didn't get to buy any merch, but there was absolutely no time for me to do so. I wish they would put them up after the entire concert....who knows.

I am so happy right now....because Christina sent me her pics from after the show. She got quite a few pics of me and Mika when I showed him the picture of us from June! Those pics really made my day. :)

Would it be to much to ask if you could pm us some of those pics? Just wondering.

We were sooooo bummed that we didn't get any merch. either. We so wanted a tour t-shirt. Maybe we can talk to some people that is going to an upcoming concert and they can buy a whole lot of t-shirts and we can pay them back.:roftl: :roftl:

Thanks for the answer, dcdeb, I was hoping to get a tour shirt. I didn't even see where they were selling them. I also wanted a couple of those Mika keychains that I saw online.

Mandilambi, I'm glad you liked the pictures.

Meyer Twins, how are you doing today?

Christina

That was a nice article, Amanda! Thanks for the link!

I'm not fond of this part though:

The show fell flat at a few moments, especially when he went through the album’s ballads, like “Any Other World.” The crowd was there to dance, and they couldn’t do much while Mika was crooning at the keyboard.

Edit: I just noticed you guys said the same thing about the ballads!

I have to disagree with the part about the show falling flat at Any Other World though. It was a beautiful ballad. What are you supposed to do, jump up and down during it? No.

Exactly, i almost commented "Well, the only part i disagree with is the falling flat part. There is nothing flat about nearly every member of the audience singing every single word of the song along with him.":blink: :sneaky2:

Exactly. That's certainly one of Mika's lesser known songs....but we could hear the whole crowd singing the lyrics back to him! How is that flat?

I think having the expectation that all of Mika's songs be fast songs is silly. He is more versatile than playing all a loud, fast songs for each of his concerts.