In trouble because of Mika?

pica_mica

Hello, fellow MFCers!!

I was just wondering how many of you all actually got into trouble because of Mika..like...defending him or something.

I did..yesterday.

I was in school for our annual concert rehearsal..and I'm gonna be playing stuck in the middle on my keyboard and singing along..

so after I finished my bit...the teacher in charge of the whole concert told me: " Its good but....can't you play a popular song?"

And I was like.."what do you mean?? This IS a popular song!"

she said "No...its not.I've never heard it...ever. and if I didnt hear it...then obviously alotta other people haven't as well".

And I got sooo angry and said " Just because you're like...60 years old and close to retiring, doesn't mean the whole world is like you. The only reason you dont like or know this song is because its too young and fresh for you!"

Ok..now I know all I told her probably doesnt seem worth it..but trust me..it was. The look on her face after I first let her listen to the song on my ipod was pure disgust. She was like.."what is he....a man or a woman?"

and that's how it all started.

So..I got detention!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't defend Mika. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Whether they like him or not is not important to me. I'm not going to force my musical tastes upon others...

By the way, I don't think it's cool to talk to a teacher like that..

I defend Mika :mf_rosetinted:

I know what you mean, in my old class they were talking about mika the whole day (negative)... they said; mika is gay, yeah mika is sooo stupid. they said it all to me! so yes, i defend mika ! of course :bleh:

You didnt deserve detention! :shocked:

okay, maybe you were a bit cheeky but you didn't deserve detention :thumbdown:

wow, you told off your teacher. :shocked:

umm i wouldn't say i've ever got into trouble for music. i won't shove my musical tastes down other people's throats, but i get annoyed if people tell me i have a sh**ty sense of music. oh well though, to each their own.

traveling to see mika got my bank account into a little bit of trouble though. :naughty:

I've never gotten in trouble because of Mika related conversation but I don't think that I'd have a problem if I did. I understand that everyone does have their opinions about music and they are entitled to voice those opinions. But I find the problem is when people put down Mika because of what they see at first glance. When people say "Mika sucks" or "Mika's music is bad" then they've got it all wrong because you can't judge somebody's music without truly understanding the meaning and the artform behind it.

But one time I was on MSN with someone and they were throwing around trashy remarks about Mika and I stepped in and put my 2 cents in, just to let them know that what they were saying was wrong.

:shocked: Babs ... be gentle ....... :blink::wub2:

I know, I know, :blush-anim-cl: but really......

Mind you, at least picamica has good taste. Imagine if she had wanted to play that Soulja Boy rubbish.:naughty:

And I suppose it is just youths eternal cry " you don't understand - you're too old"

Whereas in reality, we understand only too well, most probably having been at that stage ourselves. But you can't tell em can you, they have to find out for themselves.

Yours truly

Patronising Adult :naughty:

Whether they like him or not is not important to me. I'm not going to force my musical tastes upon others...

By the way, I don't think it's cool to talk to a teacher like that..

Totally agree.

I would have given you detention too :naughty:

Mika doesn't need to be defended. And let's face facts, he's great blablabla, but he's not The Beatles (yet?) She was merely trying to tell you to chose a song everybody would know.

I know I was probably a tad too harsh...but...really...I cant even describe the look on her face when she heard him..it was as though he's like...I dunno....dirty or....putrid....something extremely disgusting...and...just to let you all know...that teacher has been after me ever since the 1st grade....so...I finally let all my anger out on her....I'm never like this....I even surprised myself after I told her off. And when I said 60..I didnt mean that's too old...its just that...I HATE her...that's all!!

My sincerest aplogies to all the oldlings who got offended.

Oh and..one more thing...I dont think its cool to talk to a teacher like that...that's not why I did it...I'm not cool and I never try to be so..that certainly wasn't the reason.

By the way, I don't think it's cool to talk to a teacher like that..[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

I would have given you detention too :naughty:

Mika doesn't need to be defended. And let's face facts, he's great blablabla, but he's not The Beatles (yet?) She was merely trying to tell you to chose a song everybody would know.

No no..

I dont blame you guys for thinking I'm awful..but really...you have NO idea how much that teacher HATES me...and whenever she gets a chance to insult me or pick on me...she'd grab the oppurtunity IMMEDIATELY.

No no..

I dont blame you guys for thinking I'm awful..but really...you have NO idea how much that teacher HATES me...and whenever she gets a chance to insult me or pick on me...she'd grab the oppurtunity IMMEDIATELY.

Try and rise above it, hun. If you fight back with anything other than positivity, you are giving her the upper hand.

I hope I'm not that crusty at 60, not long now. :naughty:

i suppose seeig as she was after you for so long... the Mika thing just triggered you.... but you know, all will be forgotten after she sees you do have respect and you were just in a bad mood.

on the other hand, your threads title got me! lol! my bf hates Mika with a passion, says im not allowed to love another guy:shocked: so he gets really moody when i sing along or something lol!

I know I was probably a tad too harsh...but...really...I cant even describe the look on her face when she heard him..it was as though he's like...I dunno....dirty or....putrid....something extremely disgusting...and...just to let you all know...that teacher has been after me ever since the 1st grade....so...I finally let all my anger out on her....I'm never like this....I even surprised myself after I told her off. And when I said 60..I didnt mean that's too old...its just that...I HATE her...that's all!!

Oh and..one more thing...I dont think its cool to talk to a teacher like that...that's not why I did it...I'm not cool and I never try to be so..that certainly wasn't the reason.

No no..

:thumb_yello: I hear ya' hun !!! :thumb_yello: Sometimes feeling so persecuted like that at school does nothing more than making you feeling like a piece of s**t ...... !! :no: ....... AND as BABS said ...... hopefully you CAN rise above it ...... & I hope to speak for all of us ..... def. DON'T think you are awful ........ we all had crap teachers at some point (well, I did:naughty: ) ........... :thumb_yello::huglove:

At first I was thinking you came on a bit strong talking to a teacher like that, but when you explained how much they had been getting at you over the years, I gues that would be considered to be the straw that broke the camels back.

Although your teacher did have a point about the song, unless you have the album and know SITM, it's not really well known, therefore classed as a popular song.

Myself, I have ding dong rows with my brother in law over Mika, not so much about the music now, but he starts personal attacks without having heard interviews or knowing anything about him, it's just about our tastes being different and him thinking mine is crap, and this is not just about Mika, but my sense of humour or shows on tv and films in general. But because the stuff I do now because I'm into Mikas music he really goes to town on it. When he starts with the personal attacks, I get very stressed with him, and let him have it with both barrels, saying unless he reads up about Mika, that he shouldn't make sweeping statements about things he doesn't know. You know, I think I could put Mika in a line up, and my BiL probably wouldn't be able to pick him out.

i never really had trouble because of Mika... one thing i can remember was rather weird... i was in a restaurant with a friend and she screamed at the waitress full throttle: "what do you think? should she *pointing at me* marry Mika???" and everybody was looking at me.

:blush-anim-cl:

i never really had trouble because of Mika... one thing i can remember was rather weird... i was in a restaurant with a friend and she screamed at the waitress full throttle: "what do you think? should she *pointing at me* marry Mika???" and everybody was looking at me.

:blush-anim-cl:

:shocked: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: Unknown-2.gif

I'm 53, not long to go till I'm 60. It's not her age that's the problem, just that she's never heard Mika's music. She was wrong though, to diss your taste in music, just as I would be wrong to diss someone's taste in Heavy-metal stuff. She was also wrong to say you shouldn't play SITM, just because she didn't know it.

The trouble with some teachers, and it hasn't changed since my day obviously, is that they tend to be 'know-it-alls', and think they are right all the time. They don't respect the opinions of their pupils, because they think their pupils are beneath them, and too thick to know anything of value.

You can't do anything about such peoples' opinions, so it's best not to even try. They are not stuck in the middle, they are stuck in the past!

Now, I see it more as a teacher being inflexible. This is not how a teacher should be ESPECIALLY a music teacher! The arts are subjective.

Now Pica_Mica, has there been issues with this teacher before? Follow me for a second to see where I'm going with this is that maybe you just had enough and because this teacher was giving you a hard time about something you liked you finally "snapped".

In my high school life I spoke up against things or for things. I never got a detention for it. Believe me teachers don't like it when you question them. I never got detention but every time I stood up for something it was genuine and though it shocked the teacher they "got it".

Teachers are people and sometimes they have to be snapped out of their complacency.

I'm not condoning a free for all. In this case, based on MicaPica statements I side with her.

When I was in high school Duran Duran was big at the time and I can't tell you how many people said they were gay. Adults and kids alike.

Well fast forward 20 years later and well they (Duran Duran) still aren't gay

but oh my how the manly, heavy metal singers have come out.

I wonder what it was like for Judas Priest fans finding out Rob Halford was gay!

So let them talk, what do they know. Doesn't make Mika or anyone else any less of a artist either way.

Its about the music.

I've never got in trouble but one of my friends now despises me for turning him into a bit of an addict. He's got four songs on his ipod but he keeps listening to them and when he doesn't know the words he sings something completely wrong and it's quite funny.

He just gives me really evil looks now and damns me to hell whenever he's listening to him.