Sometimes I really, really wonder about people.

Laurel

I was at work today. As I've said I work on the Oven Fresh counter at Morisson's - kind of hate the job, but I like the people I work with.

Or I thought I did. I was talking to them about Mika. Stupid idea really.

All I did was mention that I was gonna see him this month in London.

Got such a horrid response.

Statements thrown at me by my work colleagues were:

What the ****ing hell do you want to see him for - he's a freak.

I said kind of shocked - said that he wasn't - that I loved his music and thought he was gorgeous.

Bad bad idea. I should not have an opinion. I've never heard such vile stuff come out of people's mouths before in regard to someone they don't even know.

Not even gonna say half the stuff they said to me - but you can guess the gist of it.

Just made me think about how awful people can be to each other.

I mean on the way home - I got called a fat cow by a group of people I was passing. I didn't even know them. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time I guess. Lost count of the number of times this has happened to me where I live. Just cos' your big - it seems people can say what they like to you.

People just don't like someone who's different - we're not freaks or weird.

THEY SODDING ARE....

Just never ceases to amaze me just how nasty people can be. I shouldn't be surprsied by now though I was bullied non stop for nine flipping years at school.

But I'd rather be who I am - which is a nice person - then looked good and be a fecking idiot.

Sorry just kind of peed off today .... :thumbdown:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww! This is terrible.. I know it must have been really hard.. but at least you can live with yourself now knowing that you've stood up for yourself and that you've expressed your opinions regardless of what people had to say.. it shouldn't matter anyway.. and if they're gona be that horrible to you i don't think they're even worthy of your friendship.. because at least you're someone who's honest with themselves and with others.. whatever happened to tolerance and compassion.

you must also know that you're not alone in this. i'm actually a muslim and i'm veilled.. imagine how hard that could be when in a eurpoen country, for instance.. but i don't care because that's just who i am and if you can't accept me than it's your problem (as long as i know i've nto done anything to harm or hurt others).. the people who said that to you are obviously heartless anyway.. and they must have serious issues to be able to hurt soemone else just like that.. they're the ones with a problem, not you -trust me!

you should just disregard everything that's been said to you and love yourself and be good to others no matter what because no good deed goes unrewarded...

sorry to hear about that :thumbdown: some people are small minded, actually, a lot of people are small minded believe me i'm from america :roftl: smile and shrug it off, or invest in an mp3 player for your trips down the street, that's what i do, so i don't have to pay attention to the idiots, i just put on my mika and instantly i'm in a much better mood. don't let them get you down! next time, mumble something about how uncultured and closed minded they are, that'll get em to shut up

Sorry to hear about all of that Laurel. What idiots for having to be so abusive, there really is no need for all of that.

I agree that people are entitled to (and DO!) have diverse opinions on Mika. The Marmite thing is not to be underestimated...I have heard a lot of really hardline opinions about Mika from some of my closest friends and family. But poor Mika really does get some very personal stick doesn't he. He brings out the bully in bully-minded people (anyone who is different, and/or talented and/or good looking tends to...).

When people diss Mika to my face, I just tend to laugh now and say 'yeah yeah, whatever' , because I know my own mind, and whatever they say does not change that one bit.

So be strong and turn a blind eye to their 'opinions'.

:thumb_yello:

There's nothing wrong with an opinion, but I do feel there's something wrong with just plain abuse.

Yeah, I agree. You see it at its worst if you ever venture on those "I hate Mika" groups on Facenook. Not liking someone is one thing, but wishing death on them and going into gory descriptions I find to be revolting. It's almost like the Parisian mob in the French Revolution - yearning for blood because of all that hatred inside.

I hear a lot of slating of Mika too, but I always people that even if they hate his music, he's a great guy anyway (which sometimes works on them :P)

I suppose it wasn't so much the Mika thing as more to do with the abuse I got on the way home. I don't know why people act like that - I do shrug it off now adays.

I didn't used too - when I left school at 15 - it took me till about 20 before I'd even go out of the house. I was that bad, and the bullying was that atrocious.

It just brings it all back I guess. Everything I went through when I was younger. I should be a mess - but I'm kind of o.k. now - If you don't like me - I really, really don't give a damn. It's taken me along time to get to that point.

Yeah, I agree. You see it at its worst if you ever venture on those "I hate Mika" groups on Facenook. Not liking someone is one thing, but wishing death on them and going into gory descriptions I find to be revolting. It's almost like the Parisian mob in the French Revolution - yearning for blood because of all that hatred inside.

I hear a lot of slating of Mika too, but I always people that even if they hate his music, he's a great guy anyway (which sometimes works on them :P)

:roftl: Is there really I hate Mika groups. How sad is that. I never go on Facebook so wouldn't know. I mean I can't stand Westlife but I wouldn't make a group dissing them.... :wink2:

Awww that's terrible!

:thumb_yello: for sticking up for Mika some people are so cruel! He's no freak as you rightly pointed out.

Those who called you that horrible insult are sad. They're just trying to make people feel bad as they are feeling bad themselves.

I am so sorry to hear about you being bullied.

You are a nice person with a kind heart never let anyone make you feel bad. We all love you on the MFC and you go girl! :huglove:

I was at work today. As I've said I work on the Oven Fresh counter at Morisson's - kind of hate the job, but I like the people I work with.

Or I thought I did. I was talking to them about Mika. Stupid idea really.

All I did was mention that I was gonna see him this month in London.

Got such a horrid response.

Statements thrown at me by my work colleagues were:

What the ****ing hell do you want to see him for - he's a freak.

I said kind of shocked - said that he wasn't - that I loved his music and thought he was gorgeous.

Bad bad idea. I should not have an opinion. I've never heard such vile stuff come out of people's mouths before in regard to someone they don't even know.

Not even gonna say half the stuff they said to me - but you can guess the gist of it.

Just made me think about how awful people can be to each other.

I mean on the way home - I got called a fat cow by a group of people I was passing. I didn't even know them. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time I guess. Lost count of the number of times this has happened to me where I live. Just cos' your big - it seems people can say what they like to you.

People just don't like someone who's different - we're not freaks or weird.

THEY SODDING ARE....

Just never ceases to amaze me just how nasty people can be. I shouldn't be surprsied by now though I was bullied non stop for nine flipping years at school.

But I'd rather be who I am - which is a nice person - then looked good and be a fecking idiot.

Sorry just kind of peed off today .... :thumbdown:

i know exactly what your on about. maybe i am still a kid but that doesnt mean i dont understand, it also means im still in school and as mika himself has said before, kids are harsh. i get told things like you have all the time, and i eather totaly egnore the person or throw something at them:naughty: sometimes i just lose my temper, AND IT IS HARD, being a kid and people not understanding you like they do an adult, and having kids diss you and say your not popular just because you may not like the same kind of music and style as them, but thats why i love mika so much because i can just stick my ipod on and forget everything that people have said to me and be happy. thank you mika, you get me through the most difficult parts of my life:blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

sorry about that, i just neaded my moment.

I certainly don't understand why people are so nasty about Mika, but I don't think their opinions are going to change anytime soon.

If it makes you feel better, I've spoken about Mika to people I know, and have got a very positive response. Things like "Oh, I like him!" "Oh, I've got his album, it's great!" and when I've told people about his struggles with Dyslexia, yet he can write songs and speak in God knows how many languages by now, they say, he must be a genius! Which of course he is!

So don't worry too much. There are people out there with more sense, and more brains, than those at your place of work.

Laurel, disregard people's comments about Mika. I got it at work too...Some stuck post it notes around my kiosk area saying "Mika Sucks" (although i know that that was a joke, it made me laugh) but another guy used to draw me pictures of Mika being hung. He thought he was being funny, but I found it really offensive. I told him to stop it and he did, but that's because he is actually my friend and respects my thoughts and opinions, but sometimes jokes go too far.

Either way, whether they are friends or not, their thoughts shouldn't matter to you. YOU like him. YOU like his music. YOU think he's good looking. Who cares what the hell other people think? It's your thought that counts. After a while it's water off a duck's back.

I know abuse is wrong. You say you got bullied for nine years at school and so did I - from the day I started to the day I finished (for lots of stupid and pathetic reasons, i can assure you) so I know exactly where you are coming from. They may be shouting abuse at him and of course you are obliged to stick up for him, I mean for goodness sake, they don't know who he is or what he's like do they?

Which brings me to my next point.

Neither do we.

Anyhow, where abouts in Essex do you live? I live there too! (unfortunately)

Laurel, disregard people's comments about Mika. I got it at work too...Some stuck post it notes around my kiosk area saying "Mika Sucks" (although i know that that was a joke, it made me laugh) but another guy used to draw me pictures of Mika being hung. He thought he was being funny, but I found it really offensive. I told him to stop it and he did, but that's because he is actually my friend and respects my thoughts and opinions, but sometimes jokes go too far.

Either way, whether they are friends or not, their thoughts shouldn't matter to you. YOU like him. YOU like his music. YOU think he's good looking. Who cares what the hell other people think? It's your thought that counts. After a while it's water off a duck's back.

I know abuse is wrong. You say you got bullied for nine years at school and so did I - from the day I started to the day I finished (for lots of stupid and pathetic reasons, i can assure you) so I know exactly where you are coming from. They may be shouting abuse at him and of course you are obliged to stick up for him, I mean for goodness sake, they don't know who he is or what he's like do they?

Which brings me to my next point.

Neither do we.

Anyhow, where abouts in Essex do you live? I live there too! (unfortunately)

I live in Clacton On Sea if you know it. It's about half an hour away from Colchester if you don't.

I live in Clacton On Sea if you know it. It's about half an hour away from Colchester if you don't.

Ohhhh! it's nice to see other people from essex! it used to be just me and jemmalee i think :roftl:

but seriously hun, take the notice of other people. they're not worth thinking about. x

- I got called a fat cow by a group of people I was passing.

THEY SODDING ARE....

:

a cow? you are lucky!...cows are very pretty mammals, especially those ones in cartoons with a daisy in their mouth... kids have no limit and adults have too much rules, choose your camp, NO thank you! I keep being amazed every day how nasty people can be but the way they hate you = the way they hate themselves first, nothing is personal, never, but it's NO excuse...that's only a sad statement, you know who you are...they dont.

Ignorant people won't change, and those of us with multiple brain cells will just have to battle through and blank out their pathetic comments and insults. It usually stems from their own insecurity and their ignorance come back to bite them on the bum in the end.

With any luck, the most ignorant ones will be appearing here: http://www.darwinawards.com/ Honouring those who improve the gene pool by accidentally removing themselves from it.

Gosh it must be something in the air today because my day sucked just as well.:thumbdown:

I really feel sorry that you had such a crappy day, but like many others said, you shouldn't pay attention to dickheads like that. About the thing that happened to you on your way home- just ignore that sort of people. I know that's not always easy and it depends on the day and the mood you're in, but summing it up they're just really not worth it. I'm a skinny girl and I get awful comments just as well- all the time. I used to feel very sad because of that but I realised that whoever goes that low to mark you because of the way you look it's not worth of your time or nerves.

My reply to people who diss Mika is always the same, I say: "It's hard to understand someone who's genius and you can't buy a good taste." After that they always shut up.:naughty:

Gosh it must be something in the air today because my day sucked just as well.:thumbdown:

I really feel sorry that you had such a crappy day, but like many others said, you shouldn't pay attention to dickheads like that. About the thing that happened to you on your way home- just ignore that sort of people. I know that's not always easy and it depends on the day and the mood you're in, but summing it up they're just really not worth it. I'm a skinny girl and I get awful comments just as well- all the time. I used to feel very sad because of that but I realised that whoever goes that low to mark you because of the way you look it's not worth of your time or nerves.

My reply to people who diss Mika is always the same, I say: "It's hard to understand someone who's genius and you can't buy a good taste." After that they always shut up.:naughty:

Yes! That is the best way :thumb_yello: