REPORTS/PHOTOS/ VIDEOS Vancouver, BC at the Orpheum 15-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you mean and I would not feel the way I do about Mika if I thought he was as "perfect" as some people see him. I love that he drinks and swears and checks his tissue after he blows his nose, shouts about his plugged toilet, gives waiters a hard time and probably throws the occasional strop when he's feeling bitchy.

what? :lmfao:

btw, thanks lollipop_monkey and everyone else for your wonderful reports!

Hi everyone

first off, MANA, your report made my experiences from yesterday 1000 times better. I'm so happy that I got to meet you and everyone else.

I don't know if you guys would want a report from my experience, as I am not really good at writing about my experiences... but, I will try, and I will write it all out before I come on here to post it so I don't end up leaving half-way through. But that also means I won't be posting again for another 5 hours or so, because I have to go to work soon.

I'm soooo glad I lost my Mika virginity... heehee

I can totally understand now why people go to another country to see him perform.

Hi everyone

first off, MANA, your report made my experiences from yesterday 1000 times better. I'm so happy that I got to meet you and everyone else.

I don't know if you guys would want a report from my experience, as I am not really good at writing about my experiences... but, I will try, and I will write it all out before I come on here to post it so I don't end up leaving half-way through. But that also means I won't be posting again for another 5 hours or so, because I have to go to work soon.

I can totally understand now why people go to another country to see him perform.

Of course we want your report :thumb_yello:

Everyone's is just that tiny bit different!!

Hi everyone

I can't wait for all the reports!!!:biggrin2::woot_jump:

Hi everyone

hey you! I will get the detailed report very soon...just still emotional. at lunch

I broke down crying because of the immensity and spirituality of it all. You see, I can be a person of few words sometimes but full of emotion and I cried and almost wailed in the food court! Hey Bookwurm,,,your in north van right?

my cell is not working right now? what are you doing this after noon?

call me in a couple hours maybe. I'm staying in North Van! I am going to compose some music to do with this experience. an instrumental

OMG, I've been in this thread for abut an hour now catching up on it! I have loved every detail, every moment, every report and Mana's beautiful writing skills. I've read where a few started crying and during this time, I stayed calm, cool and collected and then, I get to this and I lose it. Mana!!! :shocked:

Who would have thought that brief few minutes that he did on "So You Think You can Dance," would have led me to this beautiful world? I really love you guys. Y'all are so amazing. I'm just not a fan of Mika's but, I'm a huge fan of the MFC. I think I said that in Glasgow when Andy was interviewing me. Ugh, feeling sappy...need breakfast. Oh, wait, it's lunch time. :naughty:

Mana, I love the pic of you and Mika. He really does pull you in. They missed getting the pic where he leaned on my head. Athough, you can see, he doesn't have to lean that far. LOL!!

Of course its useful - he was on So You Think You Can Dance, where he sang Love Today, messed up the lyrics but charmed countless new American fans...including our beloved oldling, CharlotteChristy.

(I'm not a stalker - I'm THE stalker). :naughty:

About this whole going to bed idea...*thinks about it*

OMG, I've been in this thread for abut an hour now catching up on it! I have loved every detail, every moment, every report and Mana's beautiful writing skills. I've read where a few started crying and during this time, I stayed calm, cool and collected and then, I get to this and I lose it. Mana!!! :shocked:

Who would have thought that brief few minutes that he did on "So You Think You can Dance," would have led me to this beautiful world? I really love you guys. Y'all are so amazing. I'm just not a fan of Mika's but, I'm a huge fan of the MFC. I think I said that in Glasgow when Andy was interviewing me. Ugh, feeling sappy...need breakfast. Oh, wait, it's lunch time. :naughty:

Mana, I love the pic of you and Mika. He really does pull you in. They missed getting the pic where he leaned on my head. Athough, you can see, he doesn't have to lean that far. LOL!!

Hi Charlotte! I am still in shock from last night. Do you know I am going to be on the next DVD? I want to write a lot but I can't I want to sing,,play a song. compose in honour of this event. Its beyond words. He is my muse and I met him and we connected and I felt the cycle of energy. soon will hear my piece in honour of this..:wub2: :wub2:

its so lovely reading mana's reports,,,reliving last night.

I don't know if you guys would want a report from my experience, as I am not really good at writing about my experiences... but, I will try, and I will write it all out before I come on here to post it so I don't end up leaving half-way through.

Yes we want your report. :thumb_yello: Mana's backstage report was crazy fantastic but I'd love to hear about how the concert went from the audience's perspective, especially since this is the first time you saw him.

I'm staying in North Van! I am going to compose some music to do with this experience. an instrumental

I'd love to hear that when you're done.

Who would have thought that brief few minutes that he did on "So You Think You can Dance," would have led me to this beautiful world?

I love that SYTYCD drew you to Mika and MFC. So many of us in North America were excited because it was the first time he'd been on TV since March when a lot of people hadn't discovered him yet or at least hadn't made their way to MFC. There was a great party in the thread and everyone from around the world was waiting anxiously for the reports and video.

We all wondered what would become of his appearance on prime time US television...and here you are. :biggrin2:

Thank you for all the great reports, Mana yours was absolutely fantastic, ive just sat & read through the whole thread & gone through lots of emotions - laughing, tearful, lump in throat where it hurts because you want to cry! Like many others have said we were reliving everything with you - you have said some wonderful things about his family & i was very touched where you described the part where how Mika was with the girl in the wheelchair - really really special moments.

I haven't posted much on the forums but I sit here night after night reading through as much as possible (when my DH is on his night shift!) These few weeks have been totally amazing reading everything from his shows & im really going to miss all the news.

Its strange how you get sucked into it all - must make a mental note to start posting more as my friends really do not get me at the moment!!:thumb_yello:

Anyway just wanted to say a big thank you

Last I heard Bexxy and Tia were going.

I think Jennie and Sariflor were going to hang around outside?

The crowd was nuts when I walked out - "OMG it's a lollipop girl!" I went to cross the street, and Andrew came sprinting after me. After a moment to catch my breath we went and met up with the group, who were in line to see him, where I met lilmot, DaMango and CalicoJasmine - you girls are awesome!

We milled around a bit, until they got us into a single file line. Me and the other MFCers were at the very end...until the security guard came up to us. "I have some bad news," he said. "You guys are now the front of the line".

...FRONT of the line? Whoa!

Mika came around, John in tow. He met with Elanorelle, CalicoJasmine's...neice, I think? Then CalicoJasmine herself, followed by StormyWeather.

See their meeting here:

He then came to me, which is why you see the camera go all wonky. He looked at me and went "ah, Lollipop!" and smiled. Does he ever get tired of smiling? Since I didn't get a siggy inside, I had him sign my iPod - and it actually looks like "Mika" rather than "Mel" or any variation thereof that we've seen.

I thanked him again and moved away, so that he could meet with the next person...Rani, AKA DaMango.

You see the chat, then going in for the hug. She has a great story to tell about her meeting with Mika - for now, let's just say our boy is psychic. Hehe.

Next was Canuckchick, who had traveled from Medicine Hat, Alberta:

I moved aside then, which happened to be just as the band was coming out and getting into a waiting car.

I waved at them, and someone near me complimented Martin's shoes. They put their luggage in the car, waved at us, and closed the door. At that point I looked at Martin and blew him a kiss - and he blew one right back at me. So sweet.

Not long after that, I spotted Andy, standing with the umbrella elanorelle had designed for Mika:

I went over to him - RAK1, AKA Rose, are you listening? I was like "hey Andy - Rose from the UK says she'd be more than happy to be your Valentine." He started smiling and laughing, and said "aww, that's great. Is she going to be at the Brixton gig?" I told him I think you are - so if not, you'd better get a ticket, missy! Wouldn't want to make Andy cry.

He sighed, then, and said that he's looking forward to the UK gigs - and that he's homesick. I wished him a safe trip back to England, and then stepped back on the sidewalk.

Mika was still attending to fans...I stood planted, not wanting to move until he was ready to leave. The security guards wanted to push us back, so I turned on all the charm I could muster. I asked if he could just indicate a line beyond Mika's waiting car, and we'd all stay beyond it...that I'm sure his feet must be tired, and that we'll behave so that the can get home and rest. I'm so bad.

Soon after, Mika was done - and our man strode over to the waiting car. You can see him behind the security guard - note the brown cowboy-ish boots:

His car (minivan, actually) pulled away, and I couldn't help but watch it drive out of sight. Goodbye my star, my bright, fleeting comet...time for you to bring your light to another part of the world.

I joined the others feeling warm, content, fulfilled...blessed.

It turns out that DaMango, lilmot, Canuckchick and I are all, by coincidence, staying at the same hotel. We walked back together and plunked ourselves down in the lobby, in various states of euphoria. We made the decision to go out - Vancouver totally doesn't sleep - so we tried a pub, but we wanted a place where we could talk, so we found a 24 hour coffee shop. We sat down - me, lilmot, DaMango, StandardToaster, Canuckchick and her man. I recounted the story of how John reimbursed my ticket - then remembered I still had that cash shoved in the front pocket of my jeans. So, inadvertantly, John bought us all our coffees - you can't fool me, sir. Behind that cool exterior is a total teddy bear.

Speaking of fooling - Rani called JackViolet, who sounds adorable on the phone - nevermind the cool-as-a-cucumber persona she adopts on here.

As we started to wind down, we finished our drinks and came back to the hotel, where I began posting for you guys.

That was at 2:26am, btw. It's now 9:20, and I've not slept. Oops. That was also over 7,600 words ago. I think I have a problem, lol.

Let me just close by saying that Mika's mom is a person that radiates a certain something. She's so caring, not to mention graceful. I can totally see her as the kind of person who helped her lost young son find his feet through music - she seems like a truly caring, geniune person. Traits that I have absolutely no doubt she's passed on to her wonderful son.

Phew. Okay. I think I can get maybe an hour and a bit of sleep before heading to the airport to fly home.

So yeah, Mika - I'd be more than happy to tour with you everywhere and be your eyes and ears for your adoring fans. Oh and if you ever want to write a biography, give me a call - my rates are more than reasonable, and you can skip right over that "I was born in Beirut in 1983" bit.

Good night all - I leave you with the other pic John took. LOVE that smile.

I think I am going to cry:shocked:

These reports are absolutly fantastic. In my opinion, this tour has seen the MFC get some absolutly amazing heartfelt, incredibly written reports. You have really described your experieces so poetically it has been an absolute joy to read them.

Thank you so much :wub2:

WOW WOW AND WOW!!

Thank you SO much for these reports; I have no words to say how fantastic they were to read. Thank you:wub2: .

I totally agree with what Kath said there, so I also had to quote her. You were very lucky to have that experience with Mika, and very kind to share it with such detail with the rest of us.

Thank you.

Ok, it took me more than one hour to read the whole thread and it was worth every minute I spent on doing so!

THANK YOU for all of your reports! This concert really must have been awesome! Glad you were having an amazing time!

Greg Wells was playing the drums!

What an excellent choice! No one could have replaced Cherisse better I guees...

IMG_0389.jpg

love this pic!

...They they started talking about how basically as soon as they get back to London, they're mad busy with rehearsals for the Brit Awards. I didn't hear any details, but it sounds like it will be fscking awesome. I hope our beautiful golden boy sweeps all the categories he's nominated in...

Can't wait for the Brits! I mean I won't be there, but it's gonna be BIG anyway!

Do you know what struck me as odd? I suppose this was extemely naive, but hear me out. On the MFC, we spend an inordinate amount of time interacting with other uberfans. The hard-core MFCers know a ton of minute details about Mika, his history, the band, and all that. So we get used to that level of intensity, since that's what we -or at least I - associate with Mika fans. It struck me as odd to come to the realization that the vast majority of fans have the album, think he's cute, and by tickets to performances - but that's it. Which is perfectly as it should be - albums are sold, bums are in seats at gigs, and Mika's career grows. However, the majority of fans don't know where the tour is every minute of every day. They don't rejoice over every YouTube video, every TV performance. They don't know little things like how last summer he fell off the drum kit, or how he gets disgruntled if you wish him "good luck" before a gig, or how he has a penchant for Ribena. I mean, logically that makes sense, and I'm sure Mika's glad that only a small minority of fans are downright stalker-like. But after spending almost a year on here, talking with all of y'all, it just was something I didn't consciously expect.

Oh, I think we all can relate to what you're saying...Usual (normal) Mika fans wouldn't spend so much time on a forum and be eager to know everything, every detail. But as you say, after being on here for so long we come to think that what we're doing is totally normal and it strikes us as "weird" if someone doesn't know what we do. But I am actually were grateful for being part of the MFC and share our particular interest! :mf_rosetinted:

It's just great being on here, honestly....

well see... i never knew who was No 10 lol

and now i do!

Same here. Riddle solved...

I thought of you guys during Happy Ending. The other girls were chatting, trying to pick out friends in the audience, which I thought was cute - but I was hanging on to Mika's every lyric, every note. I thought of MFCers in places like Argentina, who haven't seen him set foot on their continent. I thought of Sou in Kuwait, who had him come within an hour of her, and couldn't go see him. I thought of all you sweet Aussies who are just clmbing the walls waiting for him to come back and give y'all a little bit of love. I thought of all of you from the US through Canada, throughout Europe and Asia - and for you dearies in the UK who get your national treasure home this weekend, before he gives you three more gigs.

There are SO many who want a tiny sliver of him. He can't be with all of us, I was thinking. So maybe fate aligned to give me this opportunity so that I could come back and share this all with you. And that is the great community aspect of MFC. I sincerely hope that doesn't come off as cocky or braggy - he was for me and for Vancouver tonight, but I really wanted to share everything I could with you guys all over the planet. If it weren't for the MFC, I'd be diarizing every detail for my own purposes - but the MFC is here, and I want you all to see what I saw.

Awww, that part of your review made me shed not only one tear. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible experience!

Mika comes in after the rest of them have done their little dance, so he waits backstage a moment. He then turns to me (!) and says "okay, when you come on you have to jump really high!" At this moment I'm star struck; I look up for him and say in what I can only imagine was the most nauseatingly sappy voice possible "okay Mika - I promise we'll jump for you."

Hope someone caught it on camera! :wink2:

Then, after some chat with the shockingly friendly security guard, John comes in. He tells us - get this - that since we didn't use our seats, he's actually going to pay us back for our tickets!! I don't know about the other gals, but being reimbursed for an experience like THAT was so no even on my radar.

Wow...they really reimbursed you...But good for you MFCers getting some money for paying your drinks!

Guys, he made that girl's night, if not her year - she was over the moon, as were her sisters. What a beautful, warm, tender, brilliant young man he is. It didn't matter that she couldn't speak to him, that her way of moving isn't "normal" - he saw the effect he and his music have on her and her sisters, and devoted himself to them, even for five minutes.

I am speechless, I love the way he interacts with everyone...this is a special gift not a lot of people have...

I stopped, turned to him, and looked deep into those pretty eyes, which worked since he was standing about three steps below me. :roftl:

I said to him "Mika. I really want you to know just how much you mean to us...and how deeply your music touches us, all over the world". He beamed at me, reached out, and interlaced his fingers with mine. He looked right back into my eyes and said "thank you - that means a lot to me". I smiled, he smiled, then out I went....

no words...:wub2:

Hello everyone...I will report more when I have declimatized so to speak. A huge review thoughts etc later.Last night was the most spiritual beautiful experience in my life. Something so beautiful happened I cannot put words or even speak right now. I met him. Face to face. We saw into eachother's eye and the spark of energy passed between us. I touched his right arm and before we parted he responded by touching my left arm. We spoke of giving the gifts from the Seattle concert and he was so touched by everybody. I told him what a huge inspiration he is to me..he was so bashful and tender.

The special umbrella is now with him....Andy at the Seattle concert interviewed me about fanship, joyness , fun, the umbrella and he loved it so much (Andy and MIKA love the umbrella! woow!) ,Andy interviewed me for 15 minutes and I will be featured on the next concert DVD.

Back to the love...I said to MIKA that the umbrella is for him and that also I have a stuffed chicken (really cute made of terri-cloth which I wrote MIKA on her crown) and that he was really touched and thankful. I gave him the insert of LICM and he signed it and wrote "THANK YOU XXX" as well on it. OH

"spontaneous squee!" ...umm.. Ritchie took a video of it which has Cali and her neice too meeting him. It was beautful.

More to come when I can speak in other words other than um....gah...ummm.

Love all of you from the deepness of my heart.

Love Suzanne

Yay, you're gonna be on the DVD! ;)

Gald you had a great time! Can't wait to hear more!

I went over to him - RAK1, AKA Rose, are you listening? I was like "hey Andy - Rose from the UK says she'd be more than happy to be your Valentine." He started smiling and laughing, and said "aww, that's great. Is she going to be at the Brixton gig?" I told him I think you are - so if not, you'd better get a ticket, missy! Wouldn't want to make Andy cry.

aww, that's really cute...

And THANK YOU once more for this outsatnding report!

We absolutely want to read your report! I want to hear what everyone

has to say, all points of view. While Mana is undoubtedly a gifted writer,

she also had a very special experience to write about -- I mean, not

all of us get the behind-the-scenes treatment she was privy to.

So please don't feel intimidated -- write your little heart out to this

most appreciative audience! :)

Gee, who would do something THAT crazy? :fisch:

dcdeb

OMG you guys!!! It was amazing!! I have been waiting so long to meet Mika and it was such an awesome experience to finally live the dream! Thank you so much to all of you who could share in this moment with me. Meeting you guys was so fantastic and you are all as beautiful in real life as you are on the boards. Mika fans are trully amazing.

I took a few pictures but some of them never came out very well. I will send them to Suzanne and Joan and hopefully they can post them for me. (did I mention I am computer challenged?) What great memories you guys :wub2:

Mana... a huge THANK YOU for writing this amazing report! :thumb_yello: So brilliant, so full of details... I just spent the past 1.5 hour reading this thread, never been SO into a report before. Simply amazing! :thumb_yello:

Eleanorelle: the umbrella is GREAT! You did a good job! And it looks good on Andy - who obviously is not only Mikas private cameraman but also his personal carrier! :naughty:

I'm reading through this thread at Vancouver's airport, unsuccessfully fighting off tears. What a highest of highs. I also got maybe an hour and twenty minutes of sleep. Back to Calgary soon...back to reality. What is this reality you speak of, and why on earth would I want to go there?

We absolutely want to read your report! I want to hear what everyone has to say, all points of view.

So please don't feel intimidated -- write your little heart out to this

most appreciative audience! :)

dcdeb

Yes, please! I'd hate for my long-winded novella to discourage others from reviewing. Each person's perspective is unique and special. :thumb_yello:

OMG you guys!!! It was amazing!! I have been waiting so long to meet Mika and it was such an awesome experience to finally live the dream! Thank you so much to all of you who could share in this moment with me. Meeting you guys was so fantastic and you are all as beautiful in real life as you are on the boards. Mika fans are trully amazing.

I took a few pictures but some of them never came out very well. I will send them to Suzanne and Joan and hopefully they can post them for me. (did I mention I am computer challenged?) What great memories you guys :wub2:

It was brilliant, wasn't it? You're wonderful - and your accent is fabulous.:wub2:

I'm glad you had a great time, sweetie - its heart warming to watch people get blown away by this man we all adore.

Hi Elanorelle,

YAY for you! I wonder what they are going to do with all that footage they took of all the MFCer's! I know Andy does it mainly for Mika's personal use. That's awesome...congratulations. Mika really is a sweetie to us. :)

Hi Charlotte! I am still in shock from last night. Do you know I am going to be on the next DVD? I want to write a lot but I can't I want to sing,,play a song. compose in honour of this event. Its beyond words. He is my muse and I met him and we connected and I felt the cycle of energy. soon will hear my piece in honour of this..

its so lovely reading mana's reports,,,reliving last night.

Wow, there was a party here and I missed it? :shocked: LMAO!! I'm what came of that showing, huh? I almost feel apolgetic. I got Mika and the MFC out of that and y'all got me. :naughty: I can't believe all that has happened to me since that showing. Like, going to Glasgow a few months after that and meeting the MFC and Mika, seeing the best show in Salt Lake City and then going as a VIP in Los Angeles. My life sure changed in a brief short months. What a wonderful ride this has been.

:huglove:

I love that SYTYCD drew you to Mika and MFC. So many of us in North America were excited because it was the first time he'd been on TV since March when a lot of people hadn't discovered him yet or at least hadn't made their way to MFC. There was a great party in the thread and everyone from around the world was waiting anxiously for the reports and video.

We all wondered what would become of his appearance on prime time US television...and here you are. :biggrin2:

Hi everyone

Hi really looking forward to reading your review, its really great to hear of the different experiences:thumb_yello:

MANA!!! :tears: I really don't know what to say!!!

I cried through all of it!!! omg...

MANA, you deserved this so much!!! You're so amazing and deserved this a million8483845 times!! You touched me so much with your reports...

I'm just so happy for you!!!! :tears: that, and mixed with just realizing everything that you said, and everything just made me cry so much!! I'm soooo soo sooooo indescribably happy for you!! youre so wonderful! You deserve it all so much!!

I love you!!!! I'm so glad you got to experience this!!! ahhh!!

I miss you so bad and i love you!!

You said everything perfectly and i loved all the details and its the best report ive ever read and you just made me realize everything...

I'm still speechless...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! *hugs you and doesn't let go*

and then the sisters and the lovely girl in the wheelchair and mika just being so kind the them made me cry so much, and then just realizing mika exists and then when you said that you hope he realizes how much his music touches us... :tears: i completely just broke down right there... :tears:

:huglove: i love you mana! you deserved this sooo much, and im so indescribably happy for you!!!

THANK YOU for the AMAZING report!!! I felt like i was there!!! :huglove:

Mika came around, John in tow. He met with Elanorelle, CalicoJasmine's...neice, I think? Then CalicoJasmine herself, followed by StormyWeather.

See their meeting here:

Did you notice how quite casually he palms off on john the gifts who palms them off to Andy :roftl:

When I was little everytime I took off my coat my mom would carry it :naughty:

It's not quite the same because if he kept all the gitfts he's given on one night he wouldn't be able to sign anything..

And Thanks again to Mana of course for the best report I've ever read :thumb_yello:

I really feel I went backstage too :original:

and then the sisters and the lovely girl in the wheelchair and mika just being so kind the them made me cry so much, and then just realizing mika exists and then when you said that you hope he realizes how much his music touches us... :tears: i completely just broke down right there... :tears:

:huglove: i love you mana! you deserved this sooo much, and im so indescribably happy for you!!!

That's what got me going..the whole wheelchair thing, and the fact that his mother was so sweet enough to even bring them backstage..incredible.

I wish I could read that sister's report..

He's beautiful and he's passionate and he's so strikingly talented that again, it made me so thankful that our lifetimes intersect and I get to see him in the here and now.

mana.... i so feel the same way :)

That's what got me going..the whole wheelchair thing, and the fact that his mother was so sweet enough to even bring them backstage..incredible.

I wish I could read that sister's report..

I know :tears:

I always want to write something that's so touching and stuff. Like how everything Mana says makes me cry :roftl: But whenever I try, it just doesnt really work out haha. I just can't really explain how I feel about mika...

But whenever anyone says what they feel here, like mana, that's when I realize that I feel exactly the same. I agree with every single thing everyone says about mika here pretty much. :tears:

hahaha wow. Mika's fans are so emotional...